Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD Z4 E85 Z4 3.0i Auto - 91k miles - Sterling Grey with Red Leather

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E85 Z4 3.0i Auto - 91k miles - Sterling Grey with Red Leather

Post by MikeyH » Thu May 12, 2022 11:19 pm

These cars are for people like me that have a family car and need a second car, don’t want a hatch back but want something a bit different that stands out with character. Usually kids have flown the nest and maybe had an MG or Triumph in there younger days before wife and kids. Nowt wrong with that and plenty of us still about with a bit of disposable income to spend on a cheaper to buy fun car.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:00 am

oldgitdave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:03 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:26 pm
With shell v power at £1.77 a litre I think it's the running costs that will be scaring off people during this coming recession. Nobody has any money thanks to energy prices, inflation and incoming interest rate rises. People that do have money aren't looking at a cheap 2 seater convertible with potentially high maintenance costs and none of the fancy modern toys they like. They are looking at range rovers or Tesla's. The gap between the rich and poor widens every year. I just don't see the same market for these as years of past unfortunately with the green agenda also on the cards coupled with the price of petrol.

I could be wrong but I sell stuff on gumtree and eBay a lot and people just don't have any money at the bottom end of the market which is where this car is. Low ball offers and struggling to shift stuff at cheap prices.

Anyone looking to spend £4k on a car is looking for low running costs and reliability. A 20 year old car which does 25mpg isn't either. It's a very niche market which grows smaller every day thanks to energy prices. Remember it's not a very practical car either. The idea of a weekend car just isn't a thing for younger generation. They need one car which does everything.

My sister got a brand new BMW 125i I think it was as a courtesy car and she complained about the running costs that's circa 35mpg real world running costs. With same amount of power 218bhp. This is someone with half decent disposable income.

It's going to take time to find the right buyer I think. The market just isn't what it was. If petrol drops to below £1.40 for v power and gas and leccy drop substantially then the market widens.
Well, thanks for that :o . I hope you've put the same comments on everyone else's advert for these! Whilst some of what you say is true I'm sure your comments will really help mine sell, not!

What makes you think these cars are unreliable & only for the younger generation? There are plenty of oldies like me who love these cars & don't do that many miles so the fuel costs aren't that much of an issue, they are great value for money, have a good spec of kit, given their age & have many smiles per mile compared with modern cars. Yep, not that practical but it all depends on what you want doesn't it? Personally I wouldn't give a 70 grand+ Range Rover or the fugly Tesla models shed room!
I'll message you privately if that's okay? I think it's a great car in great condition and I think my thoughts have zero bearing on the sale. Supply and demand will dictate that. Market forces ensure balance in the world.

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Fri May 13, 2022 7:26 am

:!:
Last edited by oldgitdave on Fri May 13, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zedless :(

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Fri May 13, 2022 7:37 am

oldgitdave wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:26 am
SonnyA85 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:00 am
oldgitdave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:03 pm

Well, thanks for that :o . I hope you've put the same comments on everyone else's advert for these! Whilst some of what you say is true I'm sure your comments will really help mine sell, not!

What makes you think these cars are unreliable & only for the younger generation? There are plenty of oldies like me who love these cars & don't do that many miles so the fuel costs aren't that much of an issue, they are great value for money, have a good spec of kit, given their age & have many smiles per mile compared with modern cars. Yep, not that practical but it all depends on what you want doesn't it? Personally I wouldn't give a 70 grand+ Range Rover or the fugly Tesla models shed room!
I'll message you privately if that's okay? I think it's a great car in great condition and I think my thoughts have zero bearing on the sale. Supply and demand will dictate that. Market forces ensure balance in the world.
Well I've read your PM and you certainly have a lot to say & yes I know the state of the world today, I do live here! You might just as well put it up publicly on here now you've started tbh.
Where I choose to advertise my car is my choice. I've put it on here to give someone with a passion for these cars to own a nice one & not a near scrapper that could be bought cheaper elsewhere. I'm in no big rush to sell & I might use these other selling avenues later if it doesn't sell on here.

I can't think why you've chosen my ad to have your rant but surely it would have been more sensible to have started a new thread, in say 'The Lounge', to air your views?

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Fri May 13, 2022 7:55 am

SonnyA85 nothing in your diatribe seems to directly relate to the OP's advert or car, some of what you say about sports car ownership may, or may not be valid but it's probably something for general discussion threads, rather than shitting on someone's advert!

As it happens I'm an old git who enjoys performance cars/bikes as toys. Maintaining my Z4 over 12 years has cost a fraction of the service bills I've paid out on my new cars, I paid £70 insurance this year and whilst I personally use V-power due to low mileage it's not necessary.

This looks like a nice, well maintained example at a fair price, if I didn't have one I would be viewing, GLWTS
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 am

Ewazix wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:55 am SonnyA85 nothing in your diatribe seems to directly relate to the OP's advert or car, some of what you say about sports car ownership may, or may not be valid but it's probably something for general discussion threads, rather than shitting on someone's advert!

As it happens I'm an old git who enjoys performance cars/bikes as toys. Maintaining my Z4 over 12 years has cost a fraction of the service bills I've paid out on my new cars, I paid £70 insurance this year and whilst I personally use V-power due to low mileage it's not necessary.

This looks like a nice, well maintained example at a fair price, if I didn't have one I would be viewing, GLWTS
Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Gwest44

Post by Gwest44 » Fri May 13, 2022 6:14 pm

Always fancied one with the New England leather as it looks softer and from all the photo's I've seen it appears to wear better - also think Sterling Grey is a great colour on the original E85.

The Z3 2.2i Sport I was running alongside my E89 is due to be collected by it's new owner tomorrow so if yours is still available early next week I might be in touch to arrange a viewing - I'm only in Sheffield so dont think I'm to far away.

In the meantime GLWTS.
Sapphire Black 23i
Previously 7xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 3xE89's

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Fri May 13, 2022 8:43 pm

Gwest44 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:14 pm Always fancied one with the New England leather as it looks softer and from all the photo's I've seen it appears to wear better - also think Sterling Grey is a great colour on the original E85.

The Z3 2.2i Sport I was running alongside my E89 is due to be collected by it's new owner tomorrow so if yours is still available early next week I might be in touch to arrange a viewing - I'm only in Sheffield so dont think I'm to far away.

In the meantime GLWTS.
I'm a few miles north of Derby so not far away at all. Feel free to pm me, being a retired old git :oldman: I'm free most days. I hope your sale goes well :thumbsup:

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 pm

Most of the posts on this Forum are appropriate and usually informative and helpful. But every now and then there is the odd curve ball? This one seems to fit into that category. The car looks like a really good car at a fair price. I am sure it will sell and I doubt any potential purchasers will be put off by anything that has been written. Now that the weather is improving convertibles tend to sell more quickly. GLWTS.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Yes, if I didn’t already have mine I would be after it myself. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Sat May 14, 2022 8:13 am

IRD wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 pm Most of the posts on this Forum are appropriate and usually informative and helpful. But every now and then there is the odd curve ball? This one seems to fit into that category. The car looks like a really good car at a fair price. I am sure it will sell and I doubt any potential purchasers will be put off by anything that has been written. Now that the weather is improving convertibles tend to sell more quickly. GLWTS.
MikeyH wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 pm Yes, if I didn’t already have mine I would be after it myself. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the positive comments guys :thumbsup:

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Sat May 14, 2022 1:52 pm

Provisionally sold to a forum member :thumbsup: . Collecting tomorrow all being well :cry: .

IRD

Post by IRD » Sat May 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Great news! I’m really pleased. It shows there is still a market on the Forum for good fairly priced cars. :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Sat May 14, 2022 3:08 pm

Excellent news, as IRD wrote there is still a good market for these cars and this proves it, well done. :thumbsup:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sat May 14, 2022 10:09 pm

Someone has a quality, head turning sports car for the price of a 12 year old Fiesta in the current market, good sale and a savvy purchase 👍
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost