Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Impressed by test drive

Discussing the current generation Z4
dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by dr_john » Mon May 09, 2022 12:34 am

My G29 is the lowly 20i and non-MSport, possibly the only example in the UK.

It’s lively enough for me, and at my age (70+) the non MSport option was a welcome option after 3 E89s all with MSport. I did spec the Technology pack, Head up display, Harmon Kardon hifi, park assist (including rear view camera) all made it a no brainer. I couldn’t be bothered with the other options,

As for the soft top issue, yes I was sceptical at first but really I never noticed the difference between that and the E89 hard roof.

Anyways, just a few thoughts :)
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

ori

Impressed by test drive

Post by ori » Mon May 09, 2022 8:21 am

dr_john wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:34 am My G29 is the lowly 20i and non-MSport, possibly the only example in the UK.

It’s lively enough for me, and at my age (70+) the non MSport option was a welcome option after 3 E89s all with MSport. I did spec the Technology pack, Head up display, Harmon Kardon hifi, park assist (including rear view camera) all made it a no brainer. I couldn’t be bothered with the other options,

As for the soft top issue, yes I was sceptical at first but really I never noticed the difference between that and the E89 hard roof.

Anyways, just a few thoughts :)
Nothing wrong or lowly with a 20i. Great car for the price you wanted and the spec you wanted. Real world driving through traffic it’s as fast as a Lamborghini!

If I wasn’t such an idiot I should have gone for a 20 or 30i.

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by dr_john » Tue May 10, 2022 1:01 am

ori wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:21 am
Nothing wrong or lowly with a 20i. Great car for the price you wanted and the spec you wanted. Real world driving through traffic it’s as fast as a Lamborghini!

If I wasn’t such an idiot I should have gone for a 20 or 30i.
Yes I’m totally happy with my choice, I had a Boxster 718 GTS before that which I just couldn’t bond with, coming back to the Z4 felt like coming home.

I just put the G29 through it’s first MOT (no probs!) and will hang on to it for another year or two at least. Best car I ever had without a doubt :thumbsup:
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

baljemmett

Impressed by test drive

Post by baljemmett » Tue May 10, 2022 4:24 am

dr_john wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:34 am My G29 is the lowly 20i and non-MSport, possibly the only example in the UK.
Not quite - mine's the same, went with the Sport trim instead of M Sport because that way I could get it in the darker blue! Specced the tech pack too for the same reasons you list, but it got taken off the build due to the parts shortages :( Thankfully it turns out I'm delighted with the car even if it doesn't have quite as many bells and whistles as planned...

Ian J

Impressed by test drive

Post by Ian J » Tue May 10, 2022 6:50 am

ori wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:21 am
Agreed which is why I went for a 2.0i as I live in a town where there is no opportunities to hoon around enjoying the better performance of it's bigger brother