Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW E85 M Seats - Possible Configurations

"M" Specific discussion
BavarianZHP

Post by BavarianZHP » Sun May 08, 2022 8:56 am

Hi,

Would there be a resource that lists the possible configurations available for the E85 M seats? I checked RealOEM but couldn't find any information there. Perhaps I overlooked it?

I know there's:
- powered
- manual (anyone know the weights of powered vs manual? I'm assuming heated/unheated doesn't matter much [1-2 kg at most for just the heating elements/wiring?])

Either can be
- heated
- unheated

Then there's the leather colors
- black leather
- red leather
- beige leather

It's hard to tell what's actually OEM since so many people re-upholster their seats with custom materials/colors. It's difficult for me to know. Are there any with black leather / fabric insert? I just bought a pair and I couldn't find resources stating this is OEM so it's got me wondering... and also wondering what other configs are out there.

BavarianZHP

Post by BavarianZHP » Sun May 08, 2022 8:02 pm

I think I found my answer except for the weights.

viewtopic.php?t=102445

Still a little confused between si m sport seats vs m seats but it's inconsequential. Seems to be small stitching patterns and logo stuff. Possibly leather type too. Since I have the half leather fabric ones, these must be the si m sport seats. Good to know they are OEM.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 08, 2022 8:51 pm

Main difference between the seats out of the Ms is they have Nappa leather as standard whereas the standard M-Sport seats in non-Ms were Oregon leather - although Nappa was an option for colours like Chamapagne.

Then there are the Bi-Colour ones that are New England leather and don't have an M logo on the headrest even if fitted to an M!

Straightforward BMW. :lol:

And there might be bits I've misseed!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

BavarianZHP

Post by BavarianZHP » Sun May 08, 2022 9:53 pm

Yep,

I had to do some research since I couldn't find any pictures of the ones with the fabric inserts anywhere. These are the ones that I bought. Appears to be OEM to me.
Attachments
BMW e85 m sport seats3.JPG
BMW e85 m sport seats3.JPG (101.44 KiB) Viewed 421 times
BMW e85 m sport seats2.JPG
BMW e85 m sport seats2.JPG (251.05 KiB) Viewed 421 times

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 08, 2022 10:02 pm

Lovely - M-Sport seats just look right for BMWs sports car. :thumbsup:

From what I can make out "Leather/sports fibre" seat trim was an option on 2 and 2.5 litre models with 3 litres having Oregon leather as standard (as well as electric adjustment with driver's memory).
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

BavarianZHP

Post by BavarianZHP » Sun May 08, 2022 10:18 pm

I found some pics in the for sale section of this forum. Probably the same ones I bought! :rofl:

Should have joined the forum earlier.

Argenta

Post by Argenta » Mon May 09, 2022 10:07 am

Fabric wasn't an option on M. "Individual" colors were. Never seen any good looking ones tho.. :)

mjf93

Post by mjf93 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:27 am

Lovely looking seats either way!