Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help finding a window regulator!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Austin92

Post by Austin92 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:03 am

Hey everyone! First of all, it has been a great experience on this forum, I've learned a lot this past week or so.

I apologize if this post is in the wrong subforum, I'm still kinda new to this Getting into it, the title says it all really, I've been looking into buying a Window regulator for my car, now I'm quite a simpleton so obviously the first thing I did was google it. To give you an idea of the ones I saw, here's one of the pages I visited. However, I'm hoping to get an expert opinion on the matter, If you guys gave any good recommendations and maybe some Pros and Cons, that would be really helpful! I know for a fact not all window regulators work on every car so are any of the items on the page I visited compatible? I'm open to entirely new suggestions as well.

Thanks in advance! :D

Roberltd2

Post by Roberltd2 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Hi Austin,
Welcome to the Forum. Although I have had no issues with the window regulator on the Zed, I think if I did, I'd probably do a search to find out who else has been in the same boat. You could use the Forum search facility to do this, but I'm sorry to say that I would find it easier to Google "Z4 Forum window regulator replacement". This will bring up a load of related topics which have been dealt with on the Forum over the years. Some maybe old, expired threads but will give you a good idea as to what to do next.
You may also find it more beneficial to open up a new topic in the appropriate sub forum, and give details of the exact model of the car. So, if you have a E85 you could open up a new topic in E85 / E86 Problems, or maybe E85 / E86 Discussion in this case.
Good luck!
Robert.
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue.
1994 Eunos J2Ltd - sold and now undergoing restoration.
1963 Triumph Thunderbird.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:06 pm

Welcome aboard.
You may wish to try looking at Realoem, putting in the Serial Number of your car, which will enable you to search through the parts lists and find the exact part number for the item you want.
Then stick that number into google and away you go.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: