Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Discussing the current generation Z4
KrusteKlubba

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by KrusteKlubba » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:41 pm

Been looking at adding a subtle addition to the rear lip. Just a bit concerned about the warranty nazis at bimmer dealerships.

Most I’ve found online seem to be carbon fibre, but I would like gloss black - can these carbon finishes be painted, and are they smooth or textured? I’d like a flat finish to tone in with other black bits on the car.

One I was thinking of was one from a company in Yorkshire. However looking at their Trustpilot reviews, they got 60% one stars, so they are a no go for me.

I’m not keen on the ACS split style spoiler. Anyone got a subtle spoiler fitted and would you mind sharing some pic please?

Thank you. :)

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:44 pm

ACS may be the only one that wouldn’t cause possible warranty issues if that’s one of your main concerns

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

tiglon

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by tiglon » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:52 pm

I would take the trustpilot reviews with a pinch of salt, how many people bother to go on there to review a spoiler? I'm guessing mostly just people who want to have a rant.

Technically it may void your warranty, but imagine the publicity if BMW refused to replace an engine that blew up after 6 months and 2,000 miles, on the grounds that the owner put a small lip spoiler on the back. Can't see that actually happening.
    2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

ori

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by ori » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:27 pm

Can’t see a spoiler affecting the warrantee.

Let’s get a whale tail spoiler on a g29. ;) 80’s cosworth style.

Yorkshire_Z4M40i

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by Yorkshire_Z4M40i » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:42 pm

This is mine with the Maxton kit - Splitter, side skirts, lip spoiler, etc. All gloss black too, so it matches the shadow line pack well.
    20220402_171052.jpg
    20220402_171052.jpg (129.85 KiB) Viewed 727 times
    Current: Z4 M40i in Misano Blue - All packs & full Xpel PPF fitted

Fondly remembered: VW Golf R DSG in Limestone Grey, BMW 220D M Sport in Black Sapphire & Mercedes A200 AMG Night Edition in South Sea Blue

Definitely forgotten: A few clangers 😅

KrusteKlubba

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by KrusteKlubba » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:09 pm

Thank you for your comments and the photo. Looks very nice indeed, but then I’m biased as mine is a misano too. That was the company I was hinting at. Were there any problems fitting the spoiler?

I get that lots of review sites attract the moaners and never satisfieds. I generally offer positive feedback to people/companies. Reep Southern did my paintwork last August. A photo of my car shows up on the Google search info. The pic has had over 8,000 hits. But then again, Milton Keynes Audi not only got my wrath on Trustpilot, but the Motor Ombudsman is investigating my complaint.

I don’t have the extended black, but do have the oem black badges (no shouting please :). Thought this would be better as there is no carbon in sight.

Cheers

Yorkshire_Z4M40i

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by Yorkshire_Z4M40i » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm

KrusteKlubba wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:09 pm Thank you for your comments and the photo. Looks very nice indeed, but then I’m biased as mine is a misano too. That was the company I was hinting at. Were there any problems fitting the spoiler?

I get that lots of review sites attract the moaners and never satisfieds. I generally offer positive feedback to people/companies. Reep Southern did my paintwork last August. A photo of my car shows up on the Google search info. The pic has had over 8,000 hits. But then again, Milton Keynes Audi not only got my wrath on Trustpilot, but the Motor Ombudsman is investigating my complaint.

I don’t have the extended black, but do have the oem black badges (no shouting please :). Thought this would be better as there is no carbon in sight.

Cheers
    No problem at all, happy to help whenever possible. So although I have the Maxton kit, it was not Maxton that fitted it - I used a company called Diversion, that are pretty local to me (South Yorkshire). I was a little nervous at first, but really pleased in the end and everything fitted well - I have PPF on too, so was worried about the spoiler adhesion, but so far so good.. It also helped that the lad who co owns Diversion has an M40i too and has all sorts done to it, which he is willing to show and talk through, etc.

And Misano is the best colour by far I'd say. :D
    Current: Z4 M40i in Misano Blue - All packs & full Xpel PPF fitted

Fondly remembered: VW Golf R DSG in Limestone Grey, BMW 220D M Sport in Black Sapphire & Mercedes A200 AMG Night Edition in South Sea Blue

Definitely forgotten: A few clangers 😅

KrusteKlubba

Boot (Trunk) Spoiler G29

Post by KrusteKlubba » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:13 pm

Nice thanks for your follow up reply.