Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dash cam fitting

How-To articles are in here.
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Dash cam fitting

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:21 pm

Chippie wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:43 pm
Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:26 pm I hope TF you had that switched off yesterday :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I forgot to have a look, especially at the rear install. Remind me next time :thumbsup:
I’ve got footage of both days with speed and GeForce graph, although there isn’t much of you only a dot in the distance :rofl: :rofl:

On a serious note though the dash cam is fine for close ups but I think a go pro would be better for replaying sections of a drive
That’s why I was only car no 2 for a short while before Julie gave me into trouble :rofl:

I’ve been looking at go pro’s for a while and have been toying which one to get for a while. On that serious note what has thrown this slightly was after yesterday specifically where I’d envisaged siting the go pro was completely blocked dirt/dust/salt etc. there would’ve be almost no image visible through that part of the windscreen.

Just before I sold the 35iS I managed to get a new genuine BMW towing eye go pro mount but I don’t know if it’s the same thread as the G29. It’s not the same as the E85/6. I’ll need to look it out and see

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Chippie

Dash cam fitting

Post by Chippie » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:55 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:21 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:26 pm I hope TF you had that switched off yesterday :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I forgot to have a look, especially at the rear install. Remind me next time :thumbsup:
    I’ve got footage of both days with speed and GeForce graph, although there isn’t much of you only a dot in the distance :rofl: :rofl:

On a serious note though the dash cam is fine for close ups but I think a go pro would be better for replaying sections of a drive
    That’s why I was only car no 2 for a short while before Julie gave me into trouble :rofl:

I’ve been looking at go pro’s for a while and have been toying which one to get for a while. On that serious note what has thrown this slightly was after yesterday specifically where I’d envisaged siting the go pro was completely blocked dirt/dust/salt etc. there would’ve be almost no image visible through that part of the windscreen.

Just before I sold the 35iS I managed to get a new genuine BMW towing eye go pro mount but I don’t know if it’s the same thread as the G29. It’s not the same as the E85/6. I’ll need to look it out and see
    I’ll WhatsApp you a couple of the video clips and you so you can get an idea of the quality
    E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Dash cam fitting

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:42 am

Chippie wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:55 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:21 pm

I’ll WhatsApp you a couple of the video clips and you so you can get an idea of the quality

Cheers Mick :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)