Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Certificate of conformity from bmw uk

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:00 am

Hi,
Has anybody had any joy contacting bmw regarding this,via [email protected].
I emailed them last week and have had no response.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:11 am

Do you mean the proper one giving them VCA Approval to sell the car in the UK/EU/other markets?
Or are you meaning something less specific?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:50 am

Hi,it’s a certificate I need from BMW to register my uk plated car in France.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:53 am

Robster68 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:50 am Hi,it’s a certificate I need from BMW to register my uk plated car in France.
Ah ok, well you could ask VOSA as it would need to be registered with them, but after Brexit you may find differences. For our road-tow wood-chippers we had to go to Sweden (via VOSA) to get a separate CoC from the rest of Europe.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Andrew Sheldon

Post by Andrew Sheldon » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:03 am

I thought there was something you can scan on the log book that effectively gives you or the other party the 'certificate of conformity' info needed. Please don't quote me on this its just I'm sure a friend of mine did it this way.

Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:13 am

I thought there was something you can scan on the log book that effectively gives you or the other party the 'certificate of conformity' info needed. Please don't quote me on this its just I'm sure a friend of mine did it this way.

I’ve not heard of this before,
I resent another email to bmw and I got a reply :
Thank you for your import/export/EC Certificate of Conformity (COC) enquiry.

We are currently receiving a large number of requests and therefore you may experience a delay in receiving a response, we thank you for your patience and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note the following

Not all vehicles have an EC COC available, this is dependent on original manufacture specification and age of vehicle.

If your vehicle was originally manufactured for a non EU market there will not be an EC COC available.

· We can only provide an EC COC (if available) for vehicles originally sold to the UK market or EU vehicles coming into the UK for permanent registration.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:34 am

For your info, in case you weren't aware, the CoC should be registered with the Type Approval number (Item K on your V5)
CoC.jpg
CoC.jpg (74.11 KiB) Viewed 2830 times

Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:16 pm

I’ll take note of that thanks.
Hopefully BMW UK can sort me out I’ve been quoted up to €300 for one by some companies on the internet.

Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:20 pm

I’ve just been sent this,progress at last

Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologise for the delay in getting back to you, we are currently experiencing a high volume of enquiries.

In order to assist please can you provide the 17 digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), once this has been received we will be able to advise further.

Kind regards,
The Homologation Team

bmw
BMW Group
United Kingdom
Homologation Department
Summit ONE
Summit Avenue, Farnborough
Hampshire, GU14 0FB
Email : [email protected]

Richo13

Post by Richo13 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:34 am

Hi Robert68, i m from France too. I did the same procedure to get a COC from bmw UK. I récrive the same last message lié youfrom Bmw UK. I would like to know how long did you have the COC from this last mail and the COC It s papier document or a copy sent by mail ? Thank you .

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:17 am

Richo13 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:34 am Hi Robert68, i m from France too. I did the same procedure to get a COC from bmw UK. I récrive the same last message lié youfrom Bmw UK. I would like to know how long did you have the COC from this last mail and the COC It s papier document or a copy sent by mail ? Thank you .
I don’t know about right now but I have ordered this certificate twice from BMW once in 2007 and again in 2019 when I imported my current car to spain. The certificate is a paper certificate which BMW will mail to you. The first time I did it BMW charged me about £50 but in 2019 they wanted from memory around £150, luckily here in Spain you can make do with an engineers report instead of the COC which cost me only around 70€ so I did that instead. Again not sure about now but in 2007 it didn’t take long to receive the certificate.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:25 am

Richo13 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:34 am Hi Robert68, i m from France too. I did the same procedure to get a COC from bmw UK. I récrive the same last message lié youfrom Bmw UK. I would like to know how long did you have the COC from this last mail and the COC It s papier document or a copy sent by mail ? Thank you .
Hi,I’d allow 3 weeks then write a following up email,they send you it by email and you can print it off from here,try to ask for one in the French language which they can do and their is no charge from bmw uk.