Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

On the ? day of Christmas my Gov gave to me

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:28 am

mgrlane wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 am
sp3ctre wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:47 am
Phoenixboy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:26 am

That will seriously piss off your sporran wearing, goatee chinned, indoor beanie wearing anarchic loving Scots friend....how is he gonna spend his days now if he has no stats to drag up from the bowels of.....feck knows where and bombard us in his jovial hilarious full of fun manner...? :? :poke: :wink:

But yes, agreed for once, one can whip one's self into a frenzy over this if not self regulated with some distance.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:55 pm

mgrlane wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:49 am Don't want to burst any bubbles here but it does look like the mutations were discovered in vaccinated people.
But its impossible for vaccinated people to get the virus or spread the virus or be a platform for mutation!! Thats what I believe so its true!!
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:55 pm
mgrlane wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:49 am Don't want to burst any bubbles here but it does look like the mutations were discovered in vaccinated people.
But its impossible for vaccinated people to get the virus or spread the virus or be a platform for mutation!! Thats what I believe so its true!!
:? :scratchhead: Why have you posted that on here when afaik not one member thinks that. Strange post but hey ho.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:39 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:34 pm
:? :scratchhead: Why have you posted that on here when afaik not one member thinks that. Strange post but hey ho.
I think his point is, whether you still buy it or not, those are the BS lines that they have been feeding the people for the last 2 years.

I don't know if you all had the same lies they told us but I think "Two weeks to flatten the curve." sort of defines the whole propaganda campaign in a nut shell.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 pm

Think it's called denial John and for whatever reason, scared maybe and no matter what is said to them they think they know best, most likely why Covid will just linger on and on still causing misery. The post is pretty ironic really.

Tim.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:33 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 pm

Think it's called denial John and for whatever reason, scared maybe and no matter what is said to them they think they know best, most likely why Covid will just linger on and on still causing misery. The post is pretty ironic really.

Tim.
Yes there was supposed to be irony in my post Tim but i didn't make a very good job of it.... :roll: :lol:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:34 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:59 am
mgrlane wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:49 am
ronk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:49 pm

Thats what the experts are saying as well. :thumbsup:
Don't want to burst any bubbles here but it does look like the mutations were discovered in vaccinated people.
I thought the general expert consensus is "The best way to prevent the virus from mutating is to prevent hosts, people, from getting sick with it," he says. "That's why it's so important people should get immunized and wear masks."

Of course little is known of this new strain as yet but hopefully the current vaccine will still be affective.

Tim.
All viruses mutate that's how they spread. They do not want to kill their hosts because if they do they cannot spread. They try to mutate into a format whereby they can infect but do not kill. That is all this virus is doing, becoming more infectious but less deadly.

As for the vaccines, I was listening to the team who created the Astra Zenica and they were saying the vaccines fall into 2 cats. One tries to interupt the spike protein by which the virus enters human cells to reduce infection and the other triggers the body to produce T cells that recognises the virus and kills it. That's why when you get a 3rd booster they give you the vaccine you did not get the first time, you get both types. They were sure that any mutation will not bypass both types of vaccine. I am no expert but it all sounded very simple and logical to me.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 pm

If you watched Chris Whitty on the live broadcast tonight anything else is just white noise imho. As it always has been.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:44 pm

Don't want to burst any bubbles here but it does look like the mutations were discovered in vaccinated people.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I can't recall anyone saying that it was impossible for the vaccinated to be re infected. My wife and I have both had the original Wuhan strain very early doors and she was quite ill. She had her first jab and still caught a second dose of COVID earlier this year and apart from a cough she would not have known she had it were not for the positive tests. I suspect many double or triple jabbed had had COVID without even realising.

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:57 pm

[/quote]
All viruses mutate that's how they spread. They do not want to kill their hosts because if they do they cannot spread. They try to mutate into a format whereby they can infect but do not kill. That is all this virus is doing, becoming more infectious but less deadly.

As for the vaccines, I was listening to the team who created the Astra Zenica and they were saying the vaccines fall into 2 cats. One tries to interupt the spike protein by which the virus enters human cells to reduce infection and the other triggers the body to produce T cells that recognises the virus and kills it. That's why when you get a 3rd booster they give you the vaccine you did not get the first time, you get both types. They were sure that any mutation will not bypass both types of vaccine. I am no expert but it all sounded very simple and logical to me.
[/quote]

Interesting as my first two jabs were Astra Zenica, and had no side affects whatsoever, had the booster last Thursday which was Pfizer and felt pretty rough yesterday but soon passed :)

Tim.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:19 pm

UK population 67 million, vaccine take up= first dose almost 51 million. Dose 2 46 million. Booster 17 million.

I can't be bothered to do the math, doesn't need doing does it. But somebody here will say we're sheepeople.

Like I say....just white noise.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Ian J

Post by Ian J » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:10 am

TitanTim wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Interesting as my first two jabs were Astra Zenica, and had no side affects whatsoever, had the booster last Thursday which was Pfizer and felt pretty rough yesterday but soon pissed :)
EFA :D

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:22 am

Can't see a full lockdown coming yet - they need to fully understand how the new variant is impacted by the vaccines.

I think England will head more towards Wales / Scotland with the reintroduction of mask required initially and work from home if you can, I was in Poole last weekend and still wore a mask while 95% of people were not wearing them.

Any lockdown will be in Jan if at all in England, while in Wales we have Captain hindsights sidekick, Corporal Chaos in charge so we will be lockdown tomorrow afternoon till March
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 am

Going to be honest all I saw was a 30 minute pharmaceutical advert.

In one breath said that they were unsure about how effective the booster was against the new variant and in the next breath encouraging everyone to get their booster.

They will try to get boosters or the third jab into everyone over 18 and more jabs into the young.

Already starting to pave the way for a new round of injections (100 days) for a modified "new version" of the jab going into everyones arms that will fight the varient better.

All while no mention of natural immunity.

By early accounts it looks less lethal but more transmissible than the previous versions before.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... -symptoms/

https://www.businessinsider.com/omicron ... ?r=US&IR=T

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:14 pm

Interesting as my first two jabs were Astra Zenica, and had no side affects whatsoever, had the booster last Thursday which was Pfizer and felt pretty rough yesterday but soon passed :)

Tim.
[/quote]Yep exactly the same for me

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White