Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fault Code 3490 - Help (Newbie)

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:08 am

Have you reported the problems to the garage?
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

ZenaBN

Post by ZenaBN » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:07 am

Hello and thanks for your response. I completely agree with your comments!

They replaced the wheel for me under warranty so I now have a complete set which are safe to use, however it took a while for the replacement to arrive and I needed the car so I invested in a set of Veemann's and have put the originals up for sale.

As for the noisey fan and OSR brakes I emailed Williams and told them I wasn't happy and wanted it sorting ASAP. They gave me the go ahead to book it in at my local garage (my Dad works there in fact) so it had new rear discs and pads fitted (Dad found the previous pads had been fitted the wrong way round which is what caused the noise as they were rubbing), it also had a new thermostat fitted.

I've been driving it for a week since having the work done and am pleased to say the issues are now resolved and it is much nicer to drive, I feel safer so I'm really pleased.

Thanks again to everyone for their input. It's nice to know there's a community so helpful and knowledgeable 🙂👍🏼