Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Seeking an immaculate Z4 35is

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Seeking an immaculate Z4 35is

Post by Pondrew » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:20 pm

Big Bad Boris wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 pm I agree, a complete an utter Chicken Orinoco :rofl:
I liked that, made me chuckle :lol:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 pm

There’s lots I don’t understand on here, like what’s the point/purpose of a troll. What are they in it for?
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Zedebee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 pm There’s lots I don’t understand on here, like what’s the point/purpose of a troll. What are they in it for?
Basically to start arguments, cause discord and disharmony. Usually very easy to spot if you know the signs. Why do they do it? Who knows? Perhaps they are one of triplets and their siblings got the breasts, perhaps bullied in secondary school by a primary schoolgirl, perhaps just sad, twisted and bitter tossers with no life.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 pm
Zedebee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 pm There’s lots I don’t understand on here, like what’s the point/purpose of a troll. What are they in it for?
Basically to start arguments, cause discord and disharmony. Usually very easy to spot if you know the signs. Why do they do it? Who knows? Perhaps they are one of triplets and their siblings got the breasts, perhaps bullied in secondary school by a primary schoolgirl, perhaps just sad, twisted and bitter tossers with no life.
There seem to be a few of those on the forum. Thanks for the explanation.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Zedebee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 pm
There seem to be a few of those on the forum. Thanks for the explanation.
+1 for the explanation :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:08 am

Or perhaps just for a laugh? He/she didn't do any harm and was amusing IMO. Makes a change from roofs breaking and water in boots! :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:25 am

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:08 am
Or perhaps just for a laugh? He/she didn't do any harm and was amusing IMO. Makes a change from roofs breaking and water in boots! :thumbsup:
Dear Comrade Pondrew,

At least I now have a full understanding of what it is like to be pilloried. This notwithstanding, the opinion of others upon this Forum who behaved in a manner which I believe is just an exiguous degree less than satisfactory has not damaged me; but I can well understand that it could damage others. It is not at all good to behave in such a way; for example I attended a gruelling funeral this afternoon and I will not deny that upon returning home, and having read some of the quite iniquitous posts set against me, did not improve what was a really sad day.

I would confirm that there can be no resurrection for me, so I shall bid you all farewell and truly, I do wish you all great happiness for the future; but I would add this rider: "It is not at all good to take gratuitous pleasure at endeavouring to make another human being unhappy".

With my very best wishes,

Z4MAD

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:50 am

Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:25 am
Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:08 am

Dear Comrade Pondrew,

At least I now have a full understanding of what it is like to be pilloried. This notwithstanding, the opinion of others upon this Forum who behaved in a manner which I believe is just an exiguous degree less than satisfactory has not damaged me; but I can well understand that it could damage others. It is not at all good to behave in such a way; for example I attended a gruelling funeral this afternoon and I will not deny that upon returning home, and having read some of the quite iniquitous posts set against me, did not improve what was a really sad day.

I would confirm that there can be no resurrection for me, so I shall bid you all farewell and truly, I do wish you all great happiness for the future; but I would add this rider: "It is not at all good to take gratuitous pleasure at endeavouring to make another human being unhappy".

Z4MAD
You still here?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

E89lust

Post by E89lust » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:38 am

Guys if you think that was bad trolling then you probably haven't seen proper trolling/bullying, this was clearly a bit of fun like enuff_zed says and it was not nasty. In fact, it was forum members being nasty if anything, also if you have to announce your victory after 80 comments it's not really a victory is it lol. I learnt a few words, definitely aiming to use sesquipedalianism when someone writes me an email trying to vomit a thesaurus at me!

My favourite comment came from pondrew, made me and the chap at work laugh
Pondrew wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:01 pm So, on the face of it, we have a communist who writes like a 16th century baird, who wants a 35is?
OP, if you can't work PMs you'll never figure out an i-Drive :D

Imagine if this chap is for real, buys an E89 and then goes to a meet?
I don't care where it is; I'm coming :D
thanks for the laugh Z4mad but I think you should leave it there now, the joke is finished
2010 Polo 6R, 2012 Polo GTi, 1982 Classic mini, 2014 VO Z4 18i, 2015 F Type R AWD, 2016 Z4 35is, 2022 Lotus Emira deposit down

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:40 am

Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:25 am
Dear Comrade Pondrew,

Z4MAD
I'm just confused now :?

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am

I never said it was bad trolling, I said he was a very poor troll. :D

Image Image

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am

Scubaregs wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am I never said it was bad trolling, I said he was a very poor troll. :D
By definition, if a troll actually entertains people and gives them a bit of a laugh then he's failed and therefore is a poor troll.
Get thee back under thy bridge dear troll.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:25 am

Scubaregs wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am I never said it was bad trolling, I said he was a very poor troll. :D
By your definition of what constitutes a troll in an earlier post; I don't see him as a troll at all.
I'm not even 100% sure he isn't for real. :o

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Mr Grumpy

Post by Mr Grumpy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:29 am

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am
By definition, if a troll actually entertains people and gives them a bit of a laugh then he's failed and therefore is a poor troll.
Get thee back under thy bridge dear troll.
Maybe she was in this for a laugh. She wasn't nasty at any time (doesn't mean she is a bad Troll, it just means that people will 'turn things around' to meet what they think). Those that reacted badly/aggressively to her have been 'flushed' out, but we knew them anyway from the 'Pbondar Thread'. Well done, I say.
I don't care what you say, I won't agree with your view. :x

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am

Wasn't nasty at any time?

Image Image