Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autobahn Halesowen

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Autobahn Halesowen

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:22 pm

thedamnedunited wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:46 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:51 pm That is a very generous offer - I wonder if he knew there was an issue originally :thumbsup:
Apparently not, but you never know I guess. Seller was great from start to finish. As well as the impeccable service history (all summarised on a spreadsheet with accompanying receipts since the car was new) - several new ‘spares’ with it - wipers, mats, filters and a brand new set of 19” BMW Performance alloy wheels exactly the same as those on the car (which themselves are totally unmarked) still sealed in boxes. When the prev owner ordered the wheels - he ordered 2 sets. Image
So the fault appeared just after you purchased the car - that is seriously bad luck and despite all the bits etc he may have know and just kept quiet.

The car sounds like a good one and this stuff can go on any car at any time - are the wheels 326's - I would be tempted to sell them and recover some of the outlay.

They will go for good money
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

warmasice

Autobahn Halesowen

Post by warmasice » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:52 pm

Had bad experiences myself with Autobahn Halesowen which seemed at odds with their Google reviews. I'd stay well clear.

thedamnedunited

Autobahn Halesowen

Post by thedamnedunited » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:18 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:22 pm
thedamnedunited wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:46 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:51 pm That is a very generous offer - I wonder if he knew there was an issue originally :thumbsup:
Apparently not, but you never know I guess. Seller was great from start to finish. As well as the impeccable service history (all summarised on a spreadsheet with accompanying receipts since the car was new) - several new ‘spares’ with it - wipers, mats, filters and a brand new set of 19” BMW Performance alloy wheels exactly the same as those on the car (which themselves are totally unmarked) still sealed in boxes. When the prev owner ordered the wheels - he ordered 2 sets. Image
So the fault appeared just after you purchased the car - that is seriously bad luck and despite all the bits etc he may have know and just kept quiet.

The car sounds like a good one and this stuff can go on any car at any time - are the wheels 326's - I would be tempted to sell them and recover some of the outlay.

I am tempted - they are 313’s, exact spec as below and original price paid.
Attachments
9BB0579C-A1E9-4A19-8BEA-26DFE755A0CB.png
9BB0579C-A1E9-4A19-8BEA-26DFE755A0CB.png (662.72 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Now 2013 E89 SDrive 35i “Mineralgrau”, Red Leather, 19” M Performance Alloys, Fox SS Twin Exhaust, N54 OTS Tune (345 BHP), Wagner Competition Intercooler, Alpina Big Break Conversion

Gone : 2010 E89 S35i, Black Sapphire, Red Keather

thedamnedunited

Autobahn Halesowen

Post by thedamnedunited » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:19 pm

warmasice wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:52 pm Had bad experiences myself with Autobahn Halesowen which seemed at odds with their Google reviews. I'd stay well clear.
Definitely won’t be going again and will be naming & shaming them whenever possible
Now 2013 E89 SDrive 35i “Mineralgrau”, Red Leather, 19” M Performance Alloys, Fox SS Twin Exhaust, N54 OTS Tune (345 BHP), Wagner Competition Intercooler, Alpina Big Break Conversion

Gone : 2010 E89 S35i, Black Sapphire, Red Keather

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Autobahn Halesowen

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:13 pm

thedamnedunited wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:18 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:22 pm
thedamnedunited wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:46 pm Apparently not, but you never know I guess. Seller was great from start to finish. As well as the impeccable service history (all summarised on a spreadsheet with accompanying receipts since the car was new) - several new ‘spares’ with it - wipers, mats, filters and a brand new set of 19” BMW Performance alloy wheels exactly the same as those on the car (which themselves are totally unmarked) still sealed in boxes. When the prev owner ordered the wheels - he ordered 2 sets. Image

I am tempted - they are 313’s, exact spec as below and original price paid.
They will sell for £500 to £600 without tyres I would imagine so at least recovers the money spent to that bunch of shysters
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.