Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Posting in the correct forum sections

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:31 am

Hello all,

Just a reminder for everyone to try their best to use the correct forums or sub-forums for posting in. You’ll usually get a better response if it’s in the right place, and if someone else is looking for it later, it makes it easier to find.

The Newbies forum is for a general introduction only, newbies don’t have to keep posting in there. We’ve been moving a lot of new topics out of the Newbies section recently.

:thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:37 am

Wondermike wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:31 am Hello all,

Just a reminder for everyone to try their best to use the correct forums or sub-forums for posting in. You’ll usually get a better response if it’s in the right place, and if someone else is looking for it later, it makes it easier to find.

The Newbies forum is for a general introduction only, newbies don’t have to keep posting in there. We’ve been moving a lot of new topics out of the Newbies section recently.

Tich

Post by Tich » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 pm

:headbang:

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:46 pm

Just a reminder to please use the correct forum sections. The newbies and forum discussion in particular are the worst for having to move posts to the correct section. I counted about 22 of the last 28 posts in forum discussion have been moved to the correct place (moved posts have the arrow on the side of them).

:rtfm: :soapbox:

Thanks all :thumbsup:

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm

I guess ongoing problems with Forum Discussion section is it could be read as general discussion to newer members much like The Lounge, perhaps a title Forum Development Discussion may help? Probably doesn't help that its at the top of the forum list and The Lounge is nearer the bottom too?
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

SV8Predator

Post by SV8Predator » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:39 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm I guess ongoing problems with Forum Discussion section is it could be read as general discussion to newer members much like The Lounge, perhaps a title Forum Development Discussion may help? Probably doesn't help that its at the top of the forum list and The Lounge is nearer the bottom too?
^^^THIS!^^^

New members look at this new forum they've joined and there, right at the top, is "Forum Discussion"!

That's where I'll post!

If this "FORUM" section (Forum Discussion, Newbies Forum and Z4 FORUM (UK) Insurance Scheme) was moved to the bottom, the problems would disappear. It would be plainly obvious then to post in the correct model area for you car.
2012 Z4 2.0 M-Sport Atacama Yellow
2000 Z3 3.0
2016 Vauxhall GTC Sunny Melon Yellow
2000 Jaguar X308 Sovereign 4.0
1969 Jensen Interceptor 6.3 litre

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:36 am

mr.tourette wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm I guess ongoing problems with Forum Discussion section is it could be read as general discussion to newer members much like The Lounge, perhaps a title Forum Development Discussion may help? Probably doesn't help that its at the top of the forum list and The Lounge is nearer the bottom too?
Agree.. this^^

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 am

Maybe a one liner across the top saying "Please read the descriptions to ensure you post in the correct section" ?

I also wonder if people using their phones rather than a laptop or pc with a big screen don't see the options as clearly?
I often see examples of people posting without noticing the comments beforehand and usually they blame the phone.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:54 pm

SV8Predator wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:39 pm ^^^THIS!^^^

New members look at this new forum they've joined and there, right at the top, is "Forum Discussion"!

That's where I'll post!
Yep agreed. Sorry but it is poor description causing this issue IMO. "in house technical discussion" or similar maybe rather than "forum discussion"? ATM it means the MODs have to be awake more often than necessary to keep moving posts (and we know they don't like that) :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:43 pm

Yes, I’m sorry as I seem to guilty of doing this myself. :headbang: old duffer.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:37 pm

MikeyH wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:43 pm Yes, I’m sorry as I seem to guilty of doing this myself. old duffer.
And your thread got locked instead of moved to the lounge.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:51 pm

I know :cry: And I would swear on a stack of Haynes Manuals that I started it in the 'Forum Discussion' place. :headbang: But never mind, as long as I don't get booted off here. That would be sad :cry: :thumbsdown:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:38 pm

MikeyH wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:51 pm I know :cry: And I would swear on a stack of Haynes Manuals that I started it in the 'Forum Discussion' place. :headbang: But never mind, as long as I don't get booted off here. That would be sad :cry: :thumbsdown:
You did, that was the problem as it is not a forum discussion :poke: :poke:

Lounge is for general stuff, forum discussion is for “thr banner is weird” or “I want a new sub section”
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo