Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Photo order

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Zulu4

Photo order

Post by Zulu4 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:32 am

Dear Mr Admin,

Would it be possible to change the order in which photos are uploaded to a thread when using the "Attachments" button ?
The reason is, as I'm sure you are aware, that if you upload photos in the order that they are taken they are then shown in the reverse order on the thread page which makes trying to explain something in a timeline very awkward.

Thanks.
Robbie.
Last edited by Zulu4 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Photo order

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:56 am

If you tick the bit that says put inline (or something like that), then you can cut'n'paste them to the order you want.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Photo order

Post by PerryGunn » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 am

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:56 am If you tick the bit that says put inline (or something like that), then you can cut'n'paste them to the order you want.
Or just add all the files and click the 'Place inline' button for each file in the order you want to them to appear - it'll add the link to the relevant image at the position of the cursor in the post
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Photo order

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:38 am

PerryGunn wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 am
enuff_zed wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:56 am If you tick the bit that says put inline (or something like that), then you can cut'n'paste them to the order you want.
Or just add all the files and click the 'Place inline' button for each file in the order you want to them to appear - it'll add the link to the relevant image at the position of the cursor in the post
Well there you go.
I only understood the half of it. Selected them all and faffed about.
Seems its simple when you know how. Thank you. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zulu4

Photo order

Post by Zulu4 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:42 am

Thanks guys. I knew about the "place inline" function, but if you then accidently forget to do that for one photo in a sequence, you get can yourself in a pickle.
Just being able to select photos from your phone in the order that they happened in real time would be much easier.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Photo order

Post by buzyg » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:16 pm

Zulu4 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:42 am Thanks guys. I knew about the "place inline" function, but if you then accidently forget to do that for one photo in a sequence, you get can yourself in a pickle.
Just being able to select photos from your phone in the order that they happened in real time would be much easier.
If I recall correctly. The Attachments wizard reverses the order you enter them in if you do not place them. So you can either add them in reverse order or place them in any order you like. Personally I find the place function really handy, as you can muck around and add captions to your pics and play around with the post before and after you put it on line. :thumbsup:

I agree with you though, if it's a simple fix, then it would make more sense if they appeared in the order loaded by default.