Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dismantling the passenger side dash

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
gheda

Dismantling the passenger side dash

Post by gheda » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi all

My passenger side speakers (left hand side) have completely cut out and only 'crackle' back into life when I'm on very bumpy surfaces, i threw the balance on the radio full left and there's nothing from that side of the car at all so I'm assuming the connector for the port side must be out the back of the stereo?

Anyone else done this who can direct me the path of least resistance to dismantle it?

Thanks!

un1eash

Re: Dismantling the passenger side dash

Post by un1eash » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Do you have a 6 or 10 speaker system?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:57 pm

It's not possible for any part of the plug not to be connectged to the head unit dur to the single plug desin and fastening mechanism.

To remove the radio though you need to remove the air vents above and then the two screws that hold the head unit in place.

do a search, lots of info on here about it.

gheda

Post by gheda » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:14 pm

just for the sake of closing this one out

dismantled the vents and took the radio out this weekend - found the harness that connects into the back of the radio - the little clip that holds the speaker connector in the harness had broken hence every time i went over a bump it was sliding around in and out and crackling. 1 x trip to the shop and 1 x tube of superglue later the connector was rock solid in the harness, plugged everything back together and all speakers are working perfectly