Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aftermarket exhausts - please rate your choices

"M" Specific discussion
alexman

Aftermarket exhausts - please rate your choices

Post by alexman » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:35 pm

In an effort to get a review, idea and costing of what each aftermarket M exhaust costs, could those of you with an aftermarket exhaust system post a quick review? 8)
Z4M Roadster, Red Leather Seats, Fully Loaded

sammyz

Re: Aftermarket exhausts - please rate your choices

Post by sammyz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 pm

I went to Longlife Exhausts in Leeds to get mine fitted about 18 months ago. They pointed out how constricted and heavy the stock system was when they were taking it off.

They deleted the small centre box and fitted two small rear boxes and a straight through pipe system. The noise was incredible but there was only one level -very f---ing loud!!

No problem, they tried again...they fitted larger rear boxes and that quietened the car down so that it can be driven reasonably quietly but has a deep rasp which gets very very loud as the revs climb over 4,000 rpm. Only drones at 3000 rpm under load. Seems like most aftermarket exhausts do drone to some degree. 18 months on, well it cost me about £600, sometimes I wish it was even louder but mostly I am really pleased with the result. It looks quite agressive with two larger exit pipes on each side. The car feels quicker but I know thats just the sound making me feel it is, MPG improved slightly on a run but of course I loose on the petrol cos I really enjoy flooring it every time I pass under a bridge or tunnel or a narrow road :roll:

General consensus from friends is they love the extra noise it makes over stock.
Yas Marina Blue 35i.

sammyz

Post by sammyz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Might as well post a pic as well!

Yas Marina Blue 35i.

toplad

Post by toplad » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:11 pm

sammyz, I never noticed you had a aftermarket exhaust when you went on the Whitby run, next time your near me let me know, I'd like a nosey at your pipes(oo-er)
Z4MC gone....Now rocking an antique plane(1973 Cessna 150)

160 MPH in a Z4MCoupe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3wt6wSp74

sammyz

Post by sammyz » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Toplad, your welcome to have a play with my pipes anytime mate! :?
Yas Marina Blue 35i.