Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:23 pm

Low spec car.... :headbang: There's literally no original spec choices on these cars that add any value today. Sat Nav, Speakers, Parking Sensors, heated seats, Bluetooth....all pretty crap, clunky and prone to issues and can easily be bettered with some good aftermarket choices. I'd go so far to say that a low spec car will be what the collectors will look for in 10 years time.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Agree with the sat nav/audio/tech stuff, not sure I agree with the parking & heated seats though
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

SiJar

M market watch

Post by SiJar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:21 pm

What about Aeros, engine strut bar, top of the range hifi and not the 10 speaker system, carbon leather dash trim, folding wing mirrors! All of which could have been ticked and fitted when ordered from new. So yes a low spec car in my mind asking top money!
Z4///MC

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:30 pm

Aeros and strut brace were options?
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

SiJar

M market watch

Post by SiJar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Yes apparently, however they may have been out of the accessories catalog from new!
Last edited by SiJar on Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4///MC

ShaunKC

M market watch

Post by ShaunKC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:02 pm

SiJar wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:21 pm What about Aeros, engine strut bar, top of the range hifi and not the 10 speaker system, carbon leather dash trim, folding wing mirrors! All of which could have been ticked and fitted when ordered from new. So yes a low spec car in my mind asking top money!
Aeros and Strut bar were aftermarket, all be it BMW options, although I guess you could select them at purchase I doubt many did. Professional Hifi comes with the burden of Sat Nav. Although each to their own I would be surprised if the specification would put many, (if any) off and personally, I would say the car is more valuable without Sat Nav, even with the other options you mention missing.

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:01 pm

With such limited numbers to choose from I don't think spec makes much difference to values.

I was pleased mine had the heated seats, parking sensors, cruise and DSP stereo but don't use the clunky Nav - although power-fold mirrors would have been nice.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Street

M market watch

Post by Street » Sun May 02, 2021 9:47 am

It’s been a long 13 years since my last Z but looking for the Z4M I always wanted :P

I would have preferred a coupe but this looks fun. I’m going to look at it on Tuesday. Anyone recognise it or have an opinion?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 4010877469
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

3.0si Coupe Sapphire Black Target 300k miles
Serial Zed tinkerer. Always looking for the next Zed project :D

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Sun May 02, 2021 9:59 am

Looks nice, hope it all stacks up when you look at it :thumbsup:

Beemingallover

M market watch

Post by Beemingallover » Sun May 02, 2021 10:18 am

Street wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:47 am It’s been a long 13 years since my last Z but looking for the Z4M I always wanted :P

I would have preferred a coupe but this looks fun. I’m going to look at it on Tuesday. Anyone recognise it or have an opinion?

Looks a bit grubby under the boot lid. Is the wind defector there, normally stored under the boot lid. Apart from that looks good. Driver's seat back looks good, sometimes there's wear and tear on seat back. Might need to budget for shell bearings at some stage (£700-800). Great colour combo. Price top end, haggle hard.
:driving: Z4MR 2006 Interlargos Blue/Sepang Bronze SUMMER
E92 M3 coupe manual 2009 Silverstone Blue WINTER
M635Csi 1986 manual Lachs silver. GONE.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Street wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:47 am It’s been a long 13 years since my last Z but looking for the Z4M I always wanted

I love that colour combination, but they are asking strong money.

Not much more could get you a Coupe:-

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... sed&page=1
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Street

M market watch

Post by Street » Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Cheers for the feedback guys. I couldn't find any cheaper Z4MR's without being high milers. Your experience is appreciated and I'll be happy to hold out and see what else comes up. The blue does catch my eye.

Also noticed that the left exhaust looks a little lopsided. The MOT history mentions a back box coming loose which probably explains it. Still irritates my OCD so will have to have a good look.

I've been spying a few RS5's so I'm hoping the right Z4M comes up first. Cheaper and a better investment!
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

3.0si Coupe Sapphire Black Target 300k miles
Serial Zed tinkerer. Always looking for the next Zed project :D

Papa_Zee

M market watch

Post by Papa_Zee » Sun May 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Street wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm Cheers for the feedback guys. I couldn't find any cheaper Z4MR's without being high milers. Your experience is appreciated and I'll be happy to hold out and see what else comes up. The blue does catch my eye.

Also noticed that the left exhaust looks a little lopsided. The MOT history mentions a back box coming loose which probably explains it. Still irritates my OCD so will have to have a good look.

I've been spying a few RS5's so I'm hoping the right Z4M comes up first. Cheaper and a better investment!
Love the RS5s but just so different form to a roadster... and a Z4M Roadster...!
E89 35is

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 pm

Street wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm Also noticed that the left exhaust looks a little lopsided. The MOT history mentions a back box coming loose which probably explains it. Still irritates my OCD so will have to have a good look.
When I bought my MC the right hand exhaust was hanging lopsided.

I knew it had been fitted with Powerflow back boxes, and once it was up in the air the reason was pretty obvious! Badly fitted.... :o
Offside Hanger.JPG
Offside Hanger.JPG (197.08 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Found a local Powerflow supplier and got a new hanger fitted for £30 - bargain. :D
New Exhaust Hanger 130320.JPG
New Exhaust Hanger 130320.JPG (143.55 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Based purely on what I have read I think it might be a plan to drive one of each before thinking seriously about buying an S5, but good luck with your search. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Sun May 02, 2021 10:44 pm

ShaunKC wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:02 pm
SiJar wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:21 pm What about Aeros, engine strut bar, top of the range hifi and not the 10 speaker system, carbon leather dash trim, folding wing mirrors! All of which could have been ticked and fitted when ordered from new. So yes a low spec car in my mind asking top money!
Aeros and Strut bar were aftermarket, all be it BMW options, although I guess you could select them at purchase I doubt many did. Professional Hifi comes with the burden of Sat Nav. Although each to their own I would be surprised if the specification would put many, (if any) off and personally, I would say the car is more valuable without Sat Nav, even with the other options you mention missing.
You can have DSP without Nav, but there are not many Spec’d that way.