Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Custompro file services

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 am

Hi Gents,

Any one using above file from Performance Center ? Wrote to them & was advice to contact Custompro, unfortunately I got no replies after sending 2 emails. Doen't really instill any confidence.

Thanks

mcbutler

Custompro file services

Post by mcbutler » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Dont understand your post chum, which file are you talking about and what is it - an ECU map?
If its a ECU file I have no experience of this provider. All I will say is that unless you map the car on a dyno you have no real idea or guarantee what you are getting....
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks for the reply Mcbutler. I totally agree with your views, unfortunately where Im at there's no tuning shop available.
Presently I'm running with JB4, car is running well accept that I'm aware that firmware is not optimized from the data logs that I've collected. Anyway after posting this thread I managed to go on life chat with the tech guys. How it works is that we purchase the files, rewrite the ECU,
go drive & data log, post them the results & they'll fine tune from there. Here's the catch though, files can only be transfered to Ecu via Kess or Ktag tool, went googling & discovered that it is not cheap. Lol. Am not looking for all out power, just looking to optimise the AFR & Timing for good torque spread.

Many thanks again

mcbutler

Custompro file services

Post by mcbutler » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am

Try celtic tuning, they are excellent and have a mobile service over much of the UK. I have had several vehicles done by them all on their rolling road set up in cornwall apart from one. The one done at my work was later put on their roling road and the car met all their map specs.....
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Custompro file services

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am

mcbutler wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am Try celtic tuning, they are excellent and have a mobile service over much of the UK. I have had several vehicles done by them all on their rolling road set up in cornwall apart from one. The one done at my work was later put on their roling road and the car met all their map specs.....
Not sure they'll pitch up in Batam though? (Indonesia) :roll:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Colin_E

Custompro file services

Post by Colin_E » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:41 am

FWIW Celtic also do a DIY option called eMotion. You buy a touchscreen programmer device that plugs into your OBD & follow fairly simple instructions to read a file from your car which you send to Celtic via the web. They send you a remap typically within an hour or two and you load it via the device. I got some error codes on the device & an engine warning light on the dash when I loaded mine (though everything seemed to be working OK) but once I contacted Celtic, they got me to send another file from the device and issued a new map that fixed the issues.
Overall I've been happy with the extra performance and I like the fact that I can return the car to stock if I wish (& remap it again) but of course a downside is no dyno graph to verify the results.
I see no reason that they wouldn't offer this service overseas.

sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am
mcbutler wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am Try celtic tuning, they are excellent and have a mobile service over much of the UK. I have had several vehicles done by them all on their rolling road set up in cornwall apart from one. The one done at my work was later put on their roling road and the car met all their map specs.....
[/quote

Not sure they'll pitch up in Batam though? (Indonesia) :roll:
You know Batam Enuff_zed ?????? Lol. Once upon a time I was in Norfolk stayed in a bed & breakfast .
Celtic is out it was Pete aka Phodar whose car started with Celtic & later on with Performance Centre that did a great job mapping his car, hence my interest.

sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Many thanks Gents for the advice. Since I'm in no mans land I've got to be very careful on tuning stuff especially reflashing of ECU.
To own this car I have to learn everything about it myself cause workshop here sucks. Fortunately I've got a honest good mechanic to assist me in elbow work while I supervise him. Speaking of which, there's Ferraris, Rolls, Bentley, Aston & Mclaren on this island ya. Lol These owners are filthy rich so the importers engage mechanics from Singapore to come over to work on their cars.

Cheers & thanks again

sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Oh just got my AP Racing 4pot installed on Sat, won't call it BBK cause rotors remains at 330 mm
IMG_8796 (002) AP 4pot.JPG
IMG_8796 (002) AP 4pot.JPG (56.4 KiB) Viewed 543 times

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Custompro file services

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:34 pm

sumotan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:24 pm Oh just got my AP Racing 4pot installed on Sat, won't call it BBK cause rotors remains at 330 mmIMG_8796 (002) AP 4pot.JPG
BCK then. :wink:
Did you get it fitted by the same chap who fettles your Ferrari and Rolls? :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:14 pm

Nope I can't afford to pay them. Lol. I've always been a hands on guy but now that I'm an old fart have to look for someone reliable to assist for heavy work.

R.E92

Custompro file services

Post by R.E92 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:42 pm

You can buy "cloned" KESS and KTag units pretty cheap.

There's quite a lot of scare stories about clone units out there but I think most of those originate from Alientech and their dealer network to dissuade the use of the clones.

I've used a cloned KESS for mapping cars in the past and never had a problem. The hardest part is getting the right clone that works for your specific ECU. The cloned devices lag behind the genuine devices in terms of functionality.
Something like this would be needed: https://www.uobdii.com/wholesale/online ... d-pcb.html

You would have to check with the seller that writing to the E89 Z4 over OBD is supported. It's not a straight-forward process which is why most people pay someone else to do it.

sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:25 am

Wow thank you so kindly R.E92.
$1700 vs $85 is a world of difference. Looks like I've opened up another can of worms for myself.
Will research more on this Kess/Ktag clone thingy & also study if Im able to diy the reflash.

Many thanks again

mcbutler

Custompro file services

Post by mcbutler » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:18 am

Whereabouts are you located Sumo?
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

sumotan

Custompro file services

Post by sumotan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi Mcbutler,
Im on an island call Batam which is part of Indonesia. It's actually very near to Singapore by ferry it takes about 1 hr.
The development history of this island is short something like 20 years or so but due to its designated free trade zone,
it has attracted much foriegn investment which kind of push its development pretty quickly.

Cheers