Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 rear slippery on wet country roads - Best solution ? Tyres ?

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:54 am

I run all-weather tyres on mine as I use it all year. They handle very well in wet and ice. It is virtually impossible in the south east to get to use a car to it's full performance capability so there is no need need for ultra performance tyres
59 plate sDrive23i 2.5

rdgreen

Post by rdgreen » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 am

Hellequin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:54 am It is virtually impossible in the south east to get to use a car to it's full performance capability so there is no need need for ultra performance tyres
Until some one pulls out of a side street in front of you......
Sterling Grey 2004 e85 3.0i manual.

bazzae123

Post by bazzae123 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:55 pm

Ok had the tyres fitted this morning, it makes so much difference. The car feels a lot more comfortable and smoother riding. I haven't been far in it yet, only a short distance from the fitters, but I can honestly say I'm happy again :D I also had the geometry checked (FOC) but it badly needed some adjustment which was another £144 :headbang: When asked why is was out on all wheels the answer was pot holes and Run Flats are not good bed fellows. Oh well, £100 back from Michelin for buying a full set so not too bad after all. :thumbsup:
Mineral White sDrive35iS DCT Coral Red Kansas leather

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Thu May 06, 2021 11:55 am

rdgreen wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 am
Hellequin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:54 am It is virtually impossible in the south east to get to use a car to it's full performance capability so there is no need need for ultra performance tyres
Until some one pulls out of a side street in front of you......
The all weather tyres are good in all weather. In fact, if you had the super super expensive ultra performance tyres on your car and someone pulled out in front of you in bad weather, you would be worse off than on all weather ones
59 plate sDrive23i 2.5