Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Latest OTA now pushing through in the UK.

Discussing the current generation Z4
TheGingerOneNI

Post by TheGingerOneNI » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 am

Seen the press release last week but it has now pushed through tonight through the car and the MyBMW app. Let's see what bugs come through on this one.

Ed.Straker

Post by Ed.Straker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:11 am

I feel an increasingly disconnected individual....not really sure I want to change my central heating whilst enjoying a drive... :tumbleweed:
White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:38 am

I find this side of cars a total turn off. Corporates use software/electronics to build in market controls and redundancy. Great that it brings convenience and access to our modern world. But the downside completely overrides the benefits from my personal point of view. Thank goodness I can still remember how to walk. :D

ori

Post by ori » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 am

Still doesn’t add Apple car key to cars built before June 2020.

This Amazon Alexa doesn’t really do much? Unless I can tell Alexa to close roof or windows?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:55 am

ori wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 am Still doesn’t add Apple car key to cars built before June 2020.

This Amazon Alexa doesn’t really do much? Unless I can tell Alexa to close roof or windows?
And what is Alexa going to say when you ask it to close the roof whilst doing 55 on a country lane and it starts spitting with rain. Fine if you can accept the car will take a look around slow down steer you away from any other obstacles raise the roof. Then get you back up to speed and on your way. But do you really want that. :cry: :wink:

What happens when the car goes around the next bend. Senses the sun has come out and decides you probably want the roof down again. So goes through the whole process in reverse whilst you shout at it because it's still raining and your rain sensor is bust. Good chance your local Indi won't be able to diagnose or fix without software from the OEM. So you end up paying the OEM to fix a rain sensor, that you really never needed on a car in the first place.

ori

Post by ori » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 am

I was more referring to telling Alexa at home to close the roof when you left the roof open and it starts to rain!

On another note still no waze or google directions on HUD.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:14 pm

ori wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 am I was more referring to telling Alexa at home to close the roof when you left the roof open and it starts to rain!
You must live on centre court at Wimbledon. I'm well impressed. :thumbsup:

Apologise, it's been another long wet boring day of isolation. :tumbleweed:

ori

Post by ori » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Horrible wet day today. Yesterday was lovely roof down weather. Saying that for me the roof is like an umbrella. It if ain’t raining then it’s not needed. ;)

BTW. other than lap times on a circuit? What does this update actually do? It’s a lot smaller than last years one?

TheGingerOneNI

Post by TheGingerOneNI » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:38 am

ori wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:23 pm Horrible wet day today. Yesterday was lovely roof down weather. Saying that for me the roof is like an umbrella. It if ain’t raining then it’s not needed. ;)

BTW. other than lap times on a circuit? What does this update actually do? It’s a lot smaller than last years one?
For the Z4 the big thing is the Alexa integration but the press release said that the Alexa functionality would not be active in the UK until the end of March so not sure what is going on with that. You can ask the BMW assistant what an M4 or M8 sounds like and it will play the engine note for you which just shows how fake the cabin around are nowadays.

I'd be impressed if the Alexa integration could show me my video doorbell but other than that it's all pretty pointless.

Link to the BMW YouTube video on this release https://youtu.be/5kfB_qvENZI

Robsterrob

Post by Robsterrob » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:46 pm

I'm impressed with Alexa so far - I have my drive lights connected to my network at home - now, when I'm driving up the road at night, I just say "Alexa, switch the drive lights on", and on they come. Really love that.

Bullyboy42

Post by Bullyboy42 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:22 am

Glad you got yours to install. See my comments in the problems thread
All the Best
Paul
-----
G29 M40i with Comfort, Tech and Shadowline Packs

Bullyboy42

Post by Bullyboy42 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:12 pm

Ignore my post above, now working. See further comments in the other section
All the Best
Paul
-----
G29 M40i with Comfort, Tech and Shadowline Packs

handymanuk

Post by handymanuk » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:07 am

I had some issues with bluetooth and my iPhone 11 but turning the phone on and off has resolved that.
2020-now: G29 Z4 M40i, Frozen Grey with Cognac, Tech Pack, Visibility Pack and Wind Deflector
2017-2020: Audi TTS
2015-2017: BMW M235i
2014-2015: BMW E89 Z4 23i sDrive Highline