Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vibration 6000-7000rpm, new Z4 Coupe

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
eze4coupe

Vibration 6000-7000rpm, new Z4 Coupe

Post by eze4coupe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi All (new to thie great forum),
I have a 2month old Z4 Coupe. Love it. But after 2500miles I started to ramp up the revs and found a vibration between 6000-7000rpm. I've only tried this in 1st & 2nd. Revving the motor in neutral is clean and vibration free. It's hard to explain the noise but it's like running over some rumble strips on the motorway but with less amplitude i.e. it doesn't shake your eyeballs :lol: There is no obvious drop in power.
Of course the noise didn't seem so bad when I demonstrated the problem to my dealer technician. He said it seemed normal. But i'm not convinced.

Not many other issues to report. I prefer the car to my previous Boxster. It's much more playful on the handling side and I prefer the motor. If the crackle finish dash and doors were in leather it would be perfect!

Anyone else experienced this problem? I'm assuming it's motor/gearbox because it seems to be only related to engine speed.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Vibration 6000-7000rpm, new Z4 Coupe

Post by WLH » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:00 am

First welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
Be sure to post up some pics of your Zed... :camera:
I can't recall anyone else posting about the vibration problem you described but I am sure you will get a few suggestions... :)
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos