Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Damaged steering column (I am looking for an electrical diagram)

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
rodolfo

Post by rodolfo » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 am

Hi. My bmw e85 suffered damage to the steering column, I bought a second-hand one on ebay and it was installed, but it continues with the same problem, hard steering, with the scaneer the fault of the witness on the dashboard is erased, but at the time of park the car and turn it on again, the light on the steering wheel panel lights up. and of course the direction is still hard.

We want to check the electrical system and that all the connectors send the appropriate signals, but someone here will have the diagram, especially with the connectors that connect to the rotation angle sensor and the servo motor of the column. To see that the proper voltages, currents and signals arrive. We think that it may be the problem of the ecu or some electrical part that affects the column.

Hopefully someone can provide me with the electrical diagrams of the column connectors.

I'm waiting, thanks.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:42 am

When you changed your steering column, did you put your original steering ecu back in or use the nee one?
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

rodolfo

Post by rodolfo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:05 pm

Hello, I have changed the entire column for 7 days, occupying my own switch of keys, but still with the witness on the board, I do not know if the address has to be programmed or has an electrical problem, that is why I am looking for the system diagram electric that powers my address and perform the tests