Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bonnet damage after visit to garage

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Woodrow

Post by Woodrow » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Which Indy was this?

Beatman

Post by Beatman » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:12 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 pm Yup, looks like tool damage to me too.

+1

If it had an oil change, they've possibly left the oil filter removing tool on the cap.
Ask to see the tool they remove the cap with, I'd bet it lines up perfectly with those dents.
My Car- 2004 3.0se sterling grey, mv3s , satnav, heated seats, ZHP.

Swampy1982

Post by Swampy1982 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:18 pm

I'd be pretty annoyed but mistakes happen, you can't fault the owner for sorting it out, fair play.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:52 pm

Wow - I'd be pretty annoyed if that happened to my car!

But at least it looks like they are going to get it sorted for you. Just make sure you are happy with the end result.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:51 pm

So the tech is lying through his teeth, i know the garage is paying up but that would put me off ever using them again, cheeky bastard knows he did that, sent it out and essentially calls you a liar..pretty s**t tbh
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

colb

Post by colb » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:17 pm

Best lesson from this event is take a photo(s) of your car when you drop it off at a garage for work the pictures will be timed and dated so if damage found when you pick it up they can't deny it happening when in their control.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

Al N

Post by Al N » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:55 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:51 pm So the tech is lying through his teeth, i know the garage is paying up but that would put me off ever using them again, cheeky bastard knows he did that, sent it out and essentially calls you a liar..pretty s**t tbh
100% this.
Even if they fix it and your happy with the repair the lying t**t ( either owner, technician ) would put me off going back.
I had a garage phone me up a couple of years back asking to speak with me after they worked on my car, he fessed up straightaway that he cracked the corner of my windscreen whilst changing the bonnet struts, (he did ask if I could claim against my screen insurance! Cheeky bugger!! :lol: :lol: ) but as I said " you bust it, you fix it" he paid to replace the screen. His honesty fessing up got him repeat business from me :)
Maldives blue E85 3.0
Porsche 944 s2 cabriolet
Jaguar xtype 2.0 D sport

scarlet-jester

Post by scarlet-jester » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:58 am

colb wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:17 pm Best lesson from this event is take a photo(s) of your car when you drop it off at a garage for work the pictures will be timed and dated so if damage found when you pick it up they can't deny it happening when in their control.
A good approach for sure - but really? I don't think anyone should have to take photos of their car for fear of damage and then garages not taking responsibility. Should never have to be a 'standard' thing you do when you take your car in for a service IMHO.

I had similar last year when I got mine serviced and warranted (MOT). I came back to pick it up and instantly noticed there was a dent in the panel work immediately above the offside from wheel arch. I went back inside and said, 'hey guys, come see this'. They were very good about it and offered a free repair. Took a fair while to get the paint free dent removal guy booked in, but was all sorted in the end
E85 - 2006 3.0Si

Any1else

Post by Any1else » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 am

Had this a few years ago at a non independant. Dropped a Kuga off for a service and when I came back to collect it the drivers door was bashed and scraped. I told them that they had damaged the door and they denied it. Told me that the car was inspected prior to the service and the damage was there. I said that the car was pristine when I dropped it off but they stuck to "but we inspected it". I told them that I wasnt present at the inspection and unless they inspect the car with me present, their "inspection" is meaningless. Ten minute discussion with the Service Manager and they agreed to fix it. I was fuming - if they inspect the car you should be present at the inspection or they can say anything. Who's to say that they dont alter the sheet to cover the damage?

Hope you get this sorted to your satisfaction. Really annoying.
2003 Launch car : 3.0 litre E85 in Sterling grey

HU51A_FU

Post by HU51A_FU » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:49 am

GJ1 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:25 pm Thanks guys. Called the garage and the guy I spoke with is going to speak with the owner. I've sent the photos over to them too.
Sorry to hear this mate, glad you getting it sorted!

GJ1

Post by GJ1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm

With reference to earlier posts, yes I am disappointed/annoyed with the technician's comments and it has made me nervous/wary about returning in future.

I had a conversation with one of the technicians back in the summer and he came across as a decent chap and was complimentary about the car. Likewise my interactions with the other staff have all been good.

Anyway, hopefully the repair work is to my satisfaction and then I can see how I feel in the future.
07 Z4C 3.0si sport sapphire black

Jamturbo

Post by Jamturbo » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:50 pm

Good result. Suffered damage to two of my cars during 'their care'. Both denied until I persisted. CC TV on one of them showed mechanic dropping a wheel alignment tool on my rear wing. They eventually put it right but paint match was crap. Second occasion (but elsewhere) was when they left a tool which cracked the battery cover and raised dents. The dealership replaced the battery cover and the dent was sorted by dentmaster equivalent without breaking the paint. Really annoying at the time particularly the denials.