FOR SALE Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Hagasan
Member
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 am

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by Hagasan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 pm

It's definitely a unique forum (or at least some of the members are) as I don't often see such "interest" in other forums where members feel the need to "advise" others on their sales strategy

By all means, advise, discuss or even criticise on actually playing with the cars but leave other's business alone.

It's usually the same people piping up time and time again. They buy a car on here and "quietly" sell it elsewhere making a few grand profit and stripping off the nice parts. That's perfectly fine but how would they feel if their selling strategies were commented on? Do we all tell them how to sell and at what price? No....

The guy is selling his car. Is he an adult, can he make his own decisions? Probably that's a yes. If he gets his pricing right or wrong so what? Let him find out through his experience. Maybe the speed of sale isn't so important to him

If you're not interested in buying stop casting doubt in potential buyers minds with continual comments. It's not fair to the seller... Leave him to find his way. Would those that question pricing like the same when they sell?

Of course there is the mutual backpatting brigade to consider... The one's whose mates say what they're selling is well priced, a bargain, glws etc 🙄

Anyway, just respect that it's not your car to "sell" on their behalf at a suggested discount of your choice....

wilson14
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by wilson14 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:27 pm

Hagasan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 pm It's definitely a unique forum (or at least some of the members are) as I don't often see such "interest" in other forums where members feel the need to "advise" others on their sales strategy

By all means, advise, discuss or even criticise on actually playing with the cars but leave other's business alone.

It's usually the same people piping up time and time again. They buy a car on here and "quietly" sell it elsewhere making a few grand profit and stripping off the nice parts. That's perfectly fine but how would they feel if their selling strategies were commented on? Do we all tell them how to sell and at what price? No....

The guy is selling his car. Is he an adult, can he make his own decisions? Probably that's a yes. If he gets his pricing right or wrong so what? Let him find out through his experience. Maybe the speed of sale isn't so important to him

If you're not interested in buying stop casting doubt in potential buyers minds with continual comments. It's not fair to the seller... Leave him to find his way. Would those that question pricing like the same when they sell?

Of course there is the mutual backpatting brigade to consider... The one's whose mates say what they're selling is well priced, a bargain, glws etc 🙄

Anyway, just respect that it's not your car to "sell" on their behalf at a suggested discount of your choice....
Thank you Hagasan, I appreciate the comment 👍🏻
Z4MR Imola red :D

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21289
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by mr wilks » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:20 pm

wilson14 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Hagasan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 pm It's definitely a unique forum (or at least some of the members are) as I don't often see such "interest" in other forums where members feel the need to "advise" others on their sales strategy

By all means, advise, discuss or even criticise on actually playing with the cars but leave other's business alone.

It's usually the same people piping up time and time again. They buy a car on here and "quietly" sell it elsewhere making a few grand profit and stripping off the nice parts. That's perfectly fine but how would they feel if their selling strategies were commented on? Do we all tell them how to sell and at what price? No....

The guy is selling his car. Is he an adult, can he make his own decisions? Probably that's a yes. If he gets his pricing right or wrong so what? Let him find out through his experience. Maybe the speed of sale isn't so important to him

If you're not interested in buying stop casting doubt in potential buyers minds with continual comments. It's not fair to the seller... Leave him to find his way. Would those that question pricing like the same when they sell?

Of course there is the mutual backpatting brigade to consider... The one's whose mates say what they're selling is well priced, a bargain, glws etc 🙄

Anyway, just respect that it's not your car to "sell" on their behalf at a suggested discount of your choice....
Thank you Hagasan, I appreciate the comment 👍🏻
Well meaning you may think but i suspect more intended to offload my way some rather sour grapes he's been sucking on for quite some time :wink:
Briefly Mr H has a big issue with anyone on the forum who doesn't follow the rules by discussing all potential purchases openly rather than PM ( though he seems to overlook the other rules that allow free comments on any sale posts good or bad )
Anyhow back to the grapes , last year he narrowly missed out on purchasing a grey ZMC that a friend of mine bought which was bad enough ( though i think he was getting over it :roll: ) only for me to buy a set of power folding mirrors earlier this year that he thought were heading his way though it later transpired he had withdrawn his offer prior to my agreement :wink: well let's just say there wasn't a lot of toys left in Mr H's pram that day :) skip to pg 3/4 for the good bit :thumbsup:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90128&start=45
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21289
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by mr wilks » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Hagasan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 pm It's definitely a unique forum (or at least some of the members are) as I don't often see such "interest" in other forums where members feel the need to "advise" others on their sales strategy

By all means, advise, discuss or even criticise on actually playing with the cars but leave other's business alone.

It's usually the same people piping up time and time again. They buy a car on here and "quietly" sell it elsewhere making a few grand profit and stripping off the nice parts. That's perfectly fine but how would they feel if their selling strategies were commented on? Do we all tell them how to sell and at what price? No....

The guy is selling his car. Is he an adult, can he make his own decisions? Probably that's a yes. If he gets his pricing right or wrong so what? Let him find out through his experience. Maybe the speed of sale isn't so important to him

If you're not interested in buying stop casting doubt in potential buyers minds with continual comments. It's not fair to the seller... Leave him to find his way. Would those that question pricing like the same when they sell?

Of course there is the mutual backpatting brigade to consider... The one's whose mates say what they're selling is well priced, a bargain, glws etc 🙄

Anyway, just respect that it's not your car to "sell" on their behalf at a suggested discount of your choice....
Those grapes aren't getting any sweeter with age are they :oops:
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6958
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 am
Location: High Peak,Derbyshire.

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:57 pm

The forum that just keeps on giving...

:ilz4f:

Hagasan
Member
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 am

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by Hagasan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:20 pm
wilson14 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Hagasan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 pm It's definitely a unique forum (or at least some of the members are) as I don't often see such "interest" in other forums where members feel the need to "advise" others on their sales strategy

By all means, advise, discuss or even criticise on actually playing with the cars but leave other's business alone.

It's usually the same people piping up time and time again. They buy a car on here and "quietly" sell it elsewhere making a few grand profit and stripping off the nice parts. That's perfectly fine but how would they feel if their selling strategies were commented on? Do we all tell them how to sell and at what price? No....

The guy is selling his car. Is he an adult, can he make his own decisions? Probably that's a yes. If he gets his pricing right or wrong so what? Let him find out through his experience. Maybe the speed of sale isn't so important to him

If you're not interested in buying stop casting doubt in potential buyers minds with continual comments. It's not fair to the seller... Leave him to find his way. Would those that question pricing like the same when they sell?

Of course there is the mutual backpatting brigade to consider... The one's whose mates say what they're selling is well priced, a bargain, glws etc 🙄

Anyway, just respect that it's not your car to "sell" on their behalf at a suggested discount of your choice....
Thank you Hagasan, I appreciate the comment 👍🏻
Well meaning you may think but i suspect more intended to offload my way some rather sour grapes he's been sucking on for quite some time :wink:
Briefly Mr H has a big issue with anyone on the forum who doesn't follow the rules by discussing all potential purchases openly rather than PM ( though he seems to overlook the other rules that allow free comments on any sale posts good or bad )
Anyhow back to the grapes , last year he narrowly missed out on purchasing a grey ZMC that a friend of mine bought which was bad enough ( though i think he was getting over it :roll: ) only for me to buy a set of power folding mirrors earlier this year that he thought were heading his way though it later transpired he had withdrawn his offer prior to my agreement :wink: well let's just say there wasn't a lot of toys left in Mr H's pram that day :) skip to pg 3/4 for the good bit :thumbsup:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90128&start=45
If you think I care about anything you say you clearly have delusions of grandeur. It's your self-appointed entitlement to comment on others post where their finances are involved, not yours. Just wind your bloody neck in. Of course you usually sign your scribbles off with a "happy to remove if the OP wants" probably knowing that what you've said may well be unwanted interference, Yes it may be a open forum but that doesn't mean you have to sabotage someone's sales thread just to demonstrate your oracle "status"

I'm pretty sure my words were vindicated on reading the reply from the op. I think that says it all really....

Im really not that excited about owning or not buying any particular Z4. I sleep quite well at night having not bought the MC that Darren bought last year... If I wanted, I could but this one or any other tomorrow so really, I couldn't give a toss. No dis-respect to the car or other owners but I'm quite happy with my collection at present....

And apologies to the OP for another post on his thread... Like what happened with a guy selling a couple of months ago, it was the same old story of comments telling him what he should do, what he should charge, how his car wasn't worth £x... with the mods etc. He was really pissed off. Those that do should stop thinking their longer term membership of the forum gives them the right to scupper others sales threads. It's none of your business so a bit of consideration, respect and discretion may serve you well.

User avatar
R_P_M_
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by R_P_M_ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:17 am

There's plenty of posts where Mr Wilks says the price is spot on or too cheap too. Can't see the issue, he's only saying what a potential buyer knows anyway, it's not rocket science. Doesn't take much research on here to workout if something is over priced.
Current - Z4M Coupe, Ruby Black, Extended amarone, Copper bronze 224s, Eventuri carbon intake, BC Racing Coilovers, OEM strut brace, top spec including digital TV 8)

Truth
Member
Member
Posts: 796
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by Truth » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:35 am

+1 to what RPM has said here.
Secondly right priced cars sell. Wrongly priced cars don’t. Can’t see what Mr Wilks has said is “Sabotaging”
Hagasans comments sound like boring sour grapes. Just my POV.
Z4MC

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21289
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by mr wilks » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 am

Hagasan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm
If you think I care about anything you say you clearly have delusions of grandeur. It's your self-appointed entitlement to comment on others post where their finances are involved, not yours. Just wind your bloody neck in. Of course you usually sign your scribbles off with a "happy to remove if the OP wants"

Im really not that excited about owning or not buying any particular Z4. I sleep quite well at night having not bought the MC that Darren bought last year... If I wanted, I could but this one or any other tomorrow so really, I couldn't give a toss.

Those that do should stop thinking their longer term membership of the forum gives them the right to scupper others sales threads. It's none of your business so a bit of consideration, respect and discretion may serve you well.
Ok , i did think it was sour grapes but clearly it goes deeper , you are now coming across as a pompous bigot that has taken it upon himself to step into the unfilled roll Marlon recently left , well guess what , nothing you say will alter how i choose which threads to comment on & how . In this instant if you take the care to actually read through properly & digest the context the seller clearly says this is the first time he has sold a car privately , nothing i have written is said with any other intention than assisting the guy get a sale which unless you are thick as mince is the whole intention of the thread .
Now as for the supposed reasoning to your vitriol , lets scroll through the last 30 cars for sale on this forum , including this one i've commented on 3 others which are here for anyone reading your bilge above to see that you clearly have a issue with me personally , no probs , i couldn't give two tosses about you or your twisted viewpoint .
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124499
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124395
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124673
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

Hagasan
Member
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 am

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by Hagasan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 am

Truth wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:35 am +1 to what RPM has said here.
Secondly right priced cars sell. Wrongly priced cars don’t. Can’t see what Mr Wilks has said is “Sabotaging”
Hagasans comments sound like boring sour grapes. Just my POV.
It's not boring sour grapes at all. The comments given by others telling sellers that they should drop prices or look at others cars that have sold have no direct effect on me. What they do have however is an effect on others attempts to sell. Especially when they suggest something is overpriced. Let sellers mind their own business. PM them if you feel the need to advise...

It's just a few fancy themselves as little traders so think they can say what they want. As I said already, they say their piece then try to cover themselves with a happy to remove if the OP wants comments. All that suggests is they know what they say may well be unwanted.. That being the case then why post publicly in the first place?

All I'm saying is try to respect and leave others financial dealings between them and any potential buyer. If a buyer asks questions then commenting then may be more appropriate...

Is that too difficult for people to understand and respect?

As I also said, the seller here appreciated my initial comments on the matter so he probably feels a bit aggrieved. Just because it's an open forum doesn't mean people need to be butting in to everything... Especially when they have no direct involvement.

In addition, I've personally spoken to quite a few on here who have the same view about these type of posts. They just haven't said so publicly. I'm saying so, not to specifically have a go at people as such, more to just get them to consider the impact of their actions delving into things they probably wouldn't do (I would hope) outside this environment.
Last edited by Hagasan on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

greg81
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2479
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by greg81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 am

Hagasan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 am
Truth wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:35 am +1 to what RPM has said here.
Secondly right priced cars sell. Wrongly priced cars don’t. Can’t see what Mr Wilks has said is “Sabotaging”
Hagasans comments sound like boring sour grapes. Just my POV.
All I'm saying is try to respect and leave others financial dealings between them and any potential buyer. If a buyer asks questions then commenting then may be more appropriate...
If respect is what you're holding out for from some long standing forum members, I wouldn't hold your breath. You'll be waiting a long time sadly

Hagasan
Member
Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 am

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by Hagasan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:11 am

mr wilks wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 am
Hagasan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm
If you think I care about anything you say you clearly have delusions of grandeur. It's your self-appointed entitlement to comment on others post where their finances are involved, not yours. Just wind your bloody neck in. Of course you usually sign your scribbles off with a "happy to remove if the OP wants"

Im really not that excited about owning or not buying any particular Z4. I sleep quite well at night having not bought the MC that Darren bought last year... If I wanted, I could but this one or any other tomorrow so really, I couldn't give a toss.

Those that do should stop thinking their longer term membership of the forum gives them the right to scupper others sales threads. It's none of your business so a bit of consideration, respect and discretion may serve you well.
Ok , i did think it was sour grapes but clearly it goes deeper , you are now coming across as a pompous bigot that has taken it upon himself to step into the unfilled roll Marlon recently left , well guess what , nothing you say will alter how i choose which threads to comment on & how . In this instant if you take the care to actually read through properly & digest the context the seller clearly says this is the first time he has sold a car privately , nothing i have written is said with any other intention than assisting the guy get a sale which unless you are thick as mince is the whole intention of the thread .
Now as for the supposed reasoning to your vitriol , lets scroll through the last 30 cars for sale on this forum , including this one i've commented on 3 others which are here for anyone reading your bilge above to see that you clearly have a issue with me personally , no probs , i couldn't give two tosses about you or your twisted viewpoint .
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124499
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124395
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124673
I'm not sure that at any point I mentioned you directly so I'm guessing the feeling of entitlement and that things may revolve around you struck at your ego...

I'm sure you're a really nice guy in real life as I am too.. You crack on mate, say what you want and feel as long as it doesn't directly affect anything I'm selling.. Unless your buying...

It's not vitriol or any bigotry. I personally don't like how people that think they know everything about pricing tell others repeatedly what to do.. Its their financial dealings, no one else's.

In your case, did I comment about the roadster you bought cheap, stripped parts off of then quietly sold away from the forum on eBay for a profit? No I didn't. Why? Because I don't feel its my place to do do so..I noticed someone else made a remark at the time but unsurprisingly you never responded... Hmm. How would you have felt if people started picking holes in that sale?

This wasn't all about you, sorry to say.... Stay Safe
Last edited by Hagasan on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21289
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by mr wilks » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:15 am

Hagasan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 am As I said already, they say their piece then try to cover themselves with a happy to remove if the OP wants comments. All that suggests is they know what they say may well be unwanted.. That being the case then why post publicly in the first place?
Why quote words with "they" when its clear they are words i wrote & as you seem to be struggling with the reasoning i'm happy to spell it out so you can't be in two minds , " happy to remove the comments" means just that intended with respect to the seller who may or may not appreciate the comments .
Unfortunately for you this forum allows free comments on all sale posts , you don't like it & prefer other forums that don't , the answer is simple enough .
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21289
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by mr wilks » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:23 am

Hagasan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:11 am
mr wilks wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 am
Hagasan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm
If you think I care about anything you say you clearly have delusions of grandeur. It's your self-appointed entitlement to comment on others post where their finances are involved, not yours. Just wind your bloody neck in. Of course you usually sign your scribbles off with a "happy to remove if the OP wants"

Im really not that excited about owning or not buying any particular Z4. I sleep quite well at night having not bought the MC that Darren bought last year... If I wanted, I could but this one or any other tomorrow so really, I couldn't give a toss.

Those that do should stop thinking their longer term membership of the forum gives them the right to scupper others sales threads. It's none of your business so a bit of consideration, respect and discretion may serve you well.
Ok , i did think it was sour grapes but clearly it goes deeper , you are now coming across as a pompous bigot that has taken it upon himself to step into the unfilled roll Marlon recently left , well guess what , nothing you say will alter how i choose which threads to comment on & how . In this instant if you take the care to actually read through properly & digest the context the seller clearly says this is the first time he has sold a car privately , nothing i have written is said with any other intention than assisting the guy get a sale which unless you are thick as mince is the whole intention of the thread .
Now as for the supposed reasoning to your vitriol , lets scroll through the last 30 cars for sale on this forum , including this one i've commented on 3 others which are here for anyone reading your bilge above to see that you clearly have a issue with me personally , no probs , i couldn't give two tosses about you or your twisted viewpoint .
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124499
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124395
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=124673
I'm not sure that at any point I mentioned you directly so I'm guessing the feeling of entitlement and that things may revolve around you struck at your ego...

I'm sure you're a really nice guy in real life as I am too.. You crack on mate, say what you want and feel.

It's not vitriol or any bigotry. I personally don't like how people that think they know everything about pricing telling others repeatedly what to do.. Its their financial dealings, no one else's.

In your case, did I comment about the roadster you bought cheap, stripped parts off of then quietly sold away from the forum on eBay for a profit? No I didn't. I noticed someone else made a remark at the time but unsurprisingly you never responded... Hmm. How would you have felt if people started picking holes in that sale?

This wasn't all about you, sorry to say.... Stay Safe
:P oh those grapes are out again , id forgotten about that one :oops: i really couldn't care if you go through each & every car ive bought or sold & list them here , i've nothing to hide or be embarrassed about if that's what your snide remarks are intended at .
Of the 5 or 6 forum cars ive bought most had been up for sale a considerable time with majority having issues to rectify , in the case of the grey ZMR it was being traded into Bmw within days ( with a long list of faults ) seller wanted it gone asap , no one else stood forward , i did , what's the problem there ?
You really are a sad man , you throw barbed comments out then don't even have the backbone to be honest about who you have the gripe with .
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6958
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 am
Location: High Peak,Derbyshire.

Imola red Z4M Roadster 51K miles dropped price

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:23 am

:slappy: :slappy: :slappy: :slappy:

Post Reply