Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

`04 E85 Alarm Issues

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
maxtwr

`04 E85 Alarm Issues

Post by maxtwr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi,
I`m looking for a possible solution to a quite specific alarm issue on an `04 Z4. After setting the alarm with the remote after exactly 1 minute and 52 seconds the alarm goes off, unlock and lock the car and it does the ame thing, exactly 1 minute 52 seconds, alarm sounds, repeat the unlock/reset 3 times (4 times in total) and the alarm does not go off!!!!! It`s always 1 min 52 and the lock/set/unlock/reset is always 4 times and the alarm does not go off again, even after 24 hours, but once unlocked for a period of time the above process has to happen!!! I`ve checked the usual suspects mentioned on other frums (bonnet switch etc etc)
Anyone else experienced this??? Thanks in advance, Julian

TheDan

`04 E85 Alarm Issues

Post by TheDan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 pm

I have had alarm issues, but none as odd or repeatable as this!!

If you have a Carly or you could find someone nearby with one you can read the fault codes. Failing that, you can switch off the tilt sensor, interior sensor and exterior sensors using Carly one at a time to try to figure out which sensor the culprit is. I believe this can also be done with other OBD readers, but not sure of the details on this.

One more thing to note, have you checked the battery voltage after the car has not been driven for 24 hours or more? It should read as a minimum 12.4v.

maxtwr

`04 E85 Alarm Issues

Post by maxtwr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:16 am

Thanks Dan,
It is a VERY specific issue!! The car went in for an oil leak repair which entailed disconnecting the battery, the other odd thing is after we got the car back, when we lock the car the indicators now flash, this didn't used to happen in the previous 6 years we've owned the car!!
I'm taking her out for a good run today so that should answer any battery power issues, after that it might be a diagnostic job.
Julian