Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

RobbiZ4

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

RobbiZ4

Post by enuff_zed » Sat May 23, 2020 11:59 am

It seems, after a 'vigorous' disscusion about E89 roof operation and hydraulic lines, RobbiZ4 has got fed up and gone!
I looked to PM him, but he has removed that facility as well.

So the one person we could seriously ask for help has disappeared.
Dammit! He was even setting up a test rig that could have replicated everyone's faults and potentially saved a lot of people a lot of time and money.

Robbi, I hope you read this and have second thoughts. I for one found your knowledge invaluable and was fully expecting that one day I would need to ask for your help.

Please rethink and come back.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

obewan

RobbiZ4

Post by obewan » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm

+1 :thumbsup:
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

IRD

RobbiZ4

Post by IRD » Sat May 23, 2020 12:40 pm

+2 :thumbsup:

Deddi

RobbiZ4

Post by Deddi » Sat May 23, 2020 1:04 pm

+3 :thumbsup:
Mineral grey E89 2.0M sport 2015

Pbondar

RobbiZ4

Post by Pbondar » Sat May 23, 2020 1:14 pm

I can empathise with Robbi..and at the same time it's the nature of these forums that if you take them to seriously then it ends in tears..

I've been sitting on various BBs since 1991 and the actors change but the stories remain the same..

That is:

The actors:

The newbie: genuinely interested in aquiring knowledge, comes with expectations and views, often formed from limited local and often ill informed knowledge..

The contributor: chips in with useful info, often connecting people and issues together..

The geek: 5th Dan going on 10th, an expert, possibly limited, in certain subjects..

The opinionated: has a polarised and vocal view on all matters..correlation with facts are limited..

The bigot: has a polarised and blinkered view, may be highly knowledgeable about a limited subset of matters..

The expert: 8th Dan, acquired much knowledge over time, presents things in a relatively balanced view..

The entertainer: tells great stories, sometimes with some basis in fact..

The agitator: enjoys provoking and upsetting people for the joy of it..

The unwashed: the majority who silently watch and come and go without comment

etc etc

Often people have more than one personality, maybe changing when they've had a drink..

Then there's the assimilation methodology..

Reviewers: they read the thread, often from the front before commenting..

Phone users: often read the last post, often out of context, answering issues or raising long answered points without any realisation..

Then there's the format..

Facebook encourages shoot from the hip type ditties

BB tends to favour the detailed approach..

So to come back to Robbi, he's an actor in a play that has been repeated many times..

I for one, value his knowledge and input, I suspect, like many he's got burned /burnt out by the stress of addressing some of the actors I've mentioned..

I hope he, on relfection, realises he is a very valued member of our community and accepts that there are actors who enjoy fufilling their roles to the detriment of the group, but sadly that's the way it was and always will be..

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

RobbiZ4

Post by Nictrix » Sat May 23, 2020 1:43 pm

I will be honest I read the thread about the hydraulics and felt that the question was not really being answered in such a way that it was being understood. This then seemed to lead to people giving ideas of what the answer might have been instead of the proper answer being given in a straight forward way.
Sometimes knowledgeable people, experts in their field, cannot simply give an answer that others will understand easily.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

scootr

RobbiZ4

Post by scootr » Sat May 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Sorry to read the news. I directly benefited from RobbiZ4 sharing his knowledge. I have been in his shoes on a different subject for a decade. I know there are morons on every forum who are rude and abusive. RobbiZ4 was volunteering to help people who would never pay him for his work. If you find another person like this be kind, for your own benefit.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Tinker15

RobbiZ4

Post by Tinker15 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 pm

scootr wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:26 pm I know there are morons on every forum who are rude and abusive
It’s sad that he took his bat home. However, from the threads I have read I don’t think anyone was rude and abusive to him. Some might have been misguided but most were just trying to clarify certain aspects of these wonderful and complicated tops. If you participate in a “discussion” group then surely you should expect to ask and be asked stupid questions. Not everyone is a technical genius so it’s a pity when someone who is couldn’t have been a little more understanding of those who aren’t.
E89 sDrive 30i
Jaguar XF 3.0D
TVR Chimaera 450 (now sold)

scootr

RobbiZ4

Post by scootr » Sat May 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Tinker15 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 pm
scootr wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:26 pm I know there are morons on every forum who are rude and abusive
It’s sad that he took his bat home. However, from the threads I have read I don’t think anyone was rude and abusive to him. Some might have been misguided but most were just trying to clarify certain aspects of these wonderful and complicated tops. If you participate in a “discussion” group then surely you should expect to ask and be asked stupid questions. Not everyone is a technical genius so it’s a pity when someone who is couldn’t have been a little more understanding of those who aren’t.
True enough but, many people take questioning as criticism.....And unfortunately everybody's got their limit. And not every one who can fix something has the skills or desire to fix the same with someone else's brain and hands. If you don't think that's challenging, give it a go. I have. It can be :headbang:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Timmyboybunter

RobbiZ4

Post by Timmyboybunter » Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Damn, hope he reads some of these comments and decides to return - he's helped me before with a roof issue and was 100% bang on. I even send people over this way from Facebook to get his advice.
2012 VW Passat 1.4 Tsi Estate
2005 Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
2015 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive35iS (sold)
2010 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive30i (sold)
2003 E85 BMW Z4 3.0 (sold)

Timmyboybunter

RobbiZ4

Post by Timmyboybunter » Sat May 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:14 pm Facebook encourages shoot from the hip type ditties
Brilliant reply :rofl:

The quoted bit - yup. Seen some real doughnuts on the various Z4 groups the past few weeks.
2012 VW Passat 1.4 Tsi Estate
2005 Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
2015 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive35iS (sold)
2010 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive30i (sold)
2003 E85 BMW Z4 3.0 (sold)

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

RobbiZ4

Post by ben g » Sat May 23, 2020 9:08 pm

Haven't read the thread but It seems someone threw their toys out of their pram :lol: gotta love forum drama, happens on all forums. It's great entertainment :P
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

RobbiZ4

Post by Smartbear » Sat May 23, 2020 9:13 pm

ben g wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:08 pm Haven't read the thread but It seems someone threw their toys out of their pram :lol: gotta love forum drama, happens on all forums. It's great entertainment :P
Yep, it seemed like a duel type situation developed but sadly they both drew at the same time and took each other out :roll:
Both very knowledgeable members as well, shame.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

RobbiZ4

Post by MACK » Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 am

Wasn't aware of any of this till today. Its a real shame as he was a valued and respected member. I personally benefited from his knowledge on here in terms of the salmon relays and the pump upgrades made to the roof mech. In terms of the relays, he's bound to have saved at least one member from a very sticky situation.

I have to say, having read the thread that led to this, or at least what's left of it. It does seem its a bit of an over reaction and I do hope he reconsiders
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Tinker15

RobbiZ4

Post by Tinker15 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:10 am

MACK wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 am
I have to say, having read the thread that led to this, or at least what's left of it. It does seem its a bit of an over reaction and I do hope he reconsiders
Doesn’t look like it as he appears to have deleted all his posts. You have to be pretty sad to spend the time doing that! 😏
E89 sDrive 30i
Jaguar XF 3.0D
TVR Chimaera 450 (now sold)