Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Travel Plans

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Owdgit

Travel Plans

Post by Owdgit » Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 am

Tinker15 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:26 pm
Owdgit wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:28 pm Plus the extra 2 weeks isolation on return would have drained my annual leave.
I’m hoping the 2 weeks isolation rule has long gone by September. Come on be positive and live up to your signature sentiment. 😀

I'm planning on holidaying in the UK in the zed, we need to put some money into our economy and we have some beautiful countryside to explore.
I like to think I'm an optimist.

2010 Grey Z4 E89 N52 3.0 with stuff
2018 VW Arteon 2.0tsi daily workhorse
2020 KTM 1290 Superduke GT

Lance

Travel Plans

Post by Lance » Sat May 23, 2020 9:45 am

OP, are you talking Brittany Ferries here?

My group have just cancelled a Spain Picos motorcycle trip that was planned for July. Five bike return journeys and one car. We all got credit notes when we asked to cancel. Some were booked economy class, no refunds in the terms and conditions, some standard class, credit notes with partial refunds depending how early you cancel/amend, in the T&Cs.

Those who booked Standard had the second payment of their booking automatically taken on due date, economy had to be payed all upfront.

On the amend my booking page there’s a contact us section, we all used that and were given credit notes for the whole amount, regardless of economy or standard class. The website said not to use the cancel/amend function, but to use the contact us option.

The credit is valid for two years.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Travel Plans

Post by ronk » Sat May 23, 2020 10:04 am

I Booked DFDS Newcastle to Ijmuiden and booked their first class ticket ( Commodore Plus )
They now say it was an economy so no refund - they also say their ferries won’t operate until mid June at the earliest!

Comms has been dreadful!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Vornwend

Travel Plans

Post by Vornwend » Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm

We had a holiday booked in the Italian Lakes with TUI in late June. We decided to pay the final instalment in the expectation of a cancellation which they did last week. Offered a full refund or an additional 20% on top of the cost to put towards another holiday up to December 2021. Glad we paid as the lost deposit would have been £600.
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Travel Plans

Post by ronk » Sat May 23, 2020 3:35 pm

If I was a betting man I would say my situation would be a very bad bet.

All I loose now is £100 against a potential £800 and currently no guarantee of a crossing or cash back.
Ps. I’ve cancelled the hotels I Netherlands and Germany in anticipation of a no ferry situation and I don’t fancy taking any unnecessary risks anyway!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

exdos

Travel Plans

Post by exdos » Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Ronk,

Never let anyone else decide the risk that you alone are prepared to take. The ferries may well run on your intended travel date, but you might not want to travel then because you don't want to expose yourself to an unacceptable perceived level of risk. In the greater scheme of your finances, losing a £100 deposit is no worse than getting a puncture and buying a new tyre. Don't give it a further thought.

1000rr

Travel Plans

Post by 1000rr » Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Had a bike trip to lake Como in July. The Chunnel won’t refund, only defer crossings for 12 months from booking day ( Jan 2020) so they’ll only honour until jan 2021..there’s no chance we can rebook this year. The 2 hotels we booked on the way in France (Lille and Dijon) have not refunded and looks like they’ve gone bust as they haven’t been replying to messages and emails.
I’ll base these experiences on wether I’ll ever use them in the future.

Another company, Travel Republic have given us a credit note until next year( we where due to go to Mykonos last week). We had the offer of a full refund, but decided the cash was best left with them to help keep them afloat, but if the flight company goes bust, then it’s game over.

Another hol is booked in Sept to Amalfi coast, and upto now, it’s still open, but we’ll see....
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S