Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Social distancing !

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Bombardino

Social distancing !

Post by Bombardino » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:33 pm

AlienZed wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:18 pm
Bombardino wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:48 pm
AlienZed wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:52 pm Great scenery, are you sure yer not in wales already :driving:
Did somebody say Wales????
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :driving:

Mmmmm may go myself.if they dont have roadblocks inforce.
Bad news tho,the Ponderosa's shut :(
Ponderosa is definitely shut, I went past there yesterday.

Attilio

Social distancing !

Post by Attilio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:03 am

earthdweller wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:41 pm The sun came out today .. first time in six months, only one thing for it

Time for some social distancing
Great pictures!

So jealous: my Z4 is still off the road (but will be back in action very soon!).

Might come over in the next few weeks if we don't go into full lockdown... We could go for a spin while keeping appropriate distance, maybe?

A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

sw4nny

Social distancing !

Post by sw4nny » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am

Not to put a downer on this but,when your using twice as much fuel that you dont need to then visit a fuel station you didnt need to and touch a petrol pump and mix with other people, then the tanker driver has to come more often to replenish forecourts.
I am all for going out for a drive and the drive you went on is stunning.but it all has an effect,and as someone stated in another post,you crash or break down 5 people have to come and mix with you and hospital has to treat you and that certainly wont help at the moment.
Non essential means that,and boredum or suns out is not essential.
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

Phoenixboy

Social distancing !

Post by Phoenixboy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 am

That ruling was not in place when those pictures were taken.
But now, due to the idiots who are too stupid to understand social distancing, the pleasure of a quiet drive in the countryside has been taken away.
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

earthdweller

Social distancing !

Post by earthdweller » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 pm

sw4nny wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am Not to put a downer on this but,when your using twice as much fuel that you dont need to then visit a fuel station you didnt need to and touch a petrol pump and mix with other people, then the tanker driver has to come more often to replenish forecourts.
I am all for going out for a drive and the drive you went on is stunning.but it all has an effect,and as someone stated in another post,you crash or break down 5 people have to come and mix with you and hospital has to treat you and that certainly wont help at the moment.
Where to start ....

The car had a full tank of fuel from last year ( sadly, as it’s much cheaper now ! .. I didn’t “have” to use a petrol station .. I stopped at one to let my son have a pee :thumbsup:

Secondly, the pics were not taken in the U.K.

Thirdly, there were at the time absolutely NO restrictions on movement.

Fourthly, I am lucky enough to have a house where those pics were taken, and those roads are empty like that ALL the time .. that is my local area, it was midweek during the day, the sun was out and I took the Zed out .. if I hadn’t taken the Zed, I’d have been driving down those roads on that day in a different car anyway

The only difference was I stopped and took some pics ( in the middle of nowhere, with no one around )

:driving: :thumbsup:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

earthdweller

Social distancing !

Post by earthdweller » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:11 pm

Attilio wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:03 am
earthdweller wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:41 pm The sun came out today .. first time in six months, only one thing for it

Time for some social distancing
Great pictures!

So jealous: my Z4 is still off the road (but will be back in action very soon!).

Might come over in the next few weeks if we don't go into full lockdown... We could go for a spin while keeping appropriate distance, maybe?

A
Be delighted to see you :thumbsup:

There’s always a warm welcome in the west :thumbsup:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

earthdweller

Social distancing !

Post by earthdweller » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:13 pm

AlienZed wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:18 pm
Bombardino wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:48 pm
AlienZed wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:52 pm Great scenery, are you sure yer not in wales already :driving:
Did somebody say Wales????
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :driving:

Mmmmm may go myself.if they dont have roadblocks inforce.
Bad news tho,the Ponderosa's shut :(
Bout time you went on a diet Moz :rofl: :rofl:

sw4nny

Social distancing !

Post by sw4nny » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:35 am

earthdweller wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 pm
sw4nny wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am Not to put a downer on this but,when your using twice as much fuel that you dont need to then visit a fuel station you didnt need to and touch a petrol pump and mix with other people, then the tanker driver has to come more often to replenish forecourts.
Where to start ....

The car had a full tank of fuel from last year ( sadly, as it’s much cheaper now ! .. I didn’t “have” to use a petrol station .. I stopped at one to let my son have a pee :thumbsup:

Fourthly, I am lucky enough to have a house where those pics were taken, and those roads are empty like that ALL the time .. that is my local area, it was midweek during the day, the sun was out and I took the Zed out .. if I hadn’t taken the Zed, I’d have been driving down those roads on that day in a different car anyway

The only difference was I stopped and took some pics ( in the middle of nowhere, with no one around )

Glad you explained in more detail,I may have jumped on it too soon,
I just feel some people think its fine to jump in the car go for drive just because the suns out and they are bored.
Sorry if i misundersood your post :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

earthdweller

Social distancing !

Post by earthdweller » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:35 pm

sw4nny wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:35 am
earthdweller wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 pm
Where to start ....

Glad you explained in more detail,I may have jumped on it too soon,
I just feel some people think its fine to jump in the car go for drive just because the suns out and they are bored.
Sorry if i misundersood your post :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

No prob ..

KevinC

Social distancing !

Post by KevinC » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 am

--
'08 Z4 M Coupé
'19 Golf R

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Social distancing !

Post by buzyg » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 am

KevinC wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 am Image