Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

G Power Supercharger

"M" Specific discussion
lewis_jennings

G Power Supercharger

Post by lewis_jennings » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have always wanted to supercharge my z4m, but the supercharger kits I've always seen have been too dear for my liking.

I recently saw someone mention a G Power supercharger. Now I'm wondering how I never knew about them previously.
Anyway, it seems they do a kit for the z4m that looks exceptionally cheap in comparison to most of them out there.
£3010 including tax! (Link below)

Does anyone have any experience with them, or is able to shed some light onto why they are so much cheaper than say, the ess equivalent?
Are they reliable?

I have searched the forums of a few websites and can't seem to get much info on the z4m version. Apart from the older version from about 2010-2012 with 450hp.

The kit for sale is apparently offering 475hp.

https://www.mstyle.co.uk/catalog/produc ... ory/10134/

Any info would be appriciated greatly.

Lewis
Ruby black Z4MR
(sold) - 3.0i

Rally

G Power Supercharger

Post by Rally » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 pm

you've got my attention 3k is crazy cheap man maths in overdrive :rofl:
sell gruppem and strutbrace makes it super cheap :evil:
Imola z4mr, carbon graphite ispiri FFR-6, mpss, gruppem, kw v3, oe strutbrace, aero skirts, schmiedmann carbon splitter, bcs exhaust, dice media, gaptech, F10 zhp & smiles every journey.

wonkydonkey

G Power Supercharger

Post by wonkydonkey » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:29 pm

I had never heard of G Power until last year, but it seems they're a really well established (German) tuning company that we just don't know about in the UK.
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

lewis_jennings

G Power Supercharger

Post by lewis_jennings » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Rally wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 pm you've got my attention 3k is crazy cheap man maths in overdrive
sell gruppem and strutbrace makes it super cheap
i know that's what I'm thinking!
Seems too good to be true :rofl:
Thinking it's time to sell the 3.0i
Ruby black Z4MR
(sold) - 3.0i

Vanne

G Power Supercharger

Post by Vanne » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:51 am

They make excellent products. Hit Pokey up for a review, he has one.
3k IS cheap as chips. :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

lewis_jennings

G Power Supercharger

Post by lewis_jennings » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm

Vanne wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:51 am They make excellent products. Hit Pokey up for a review, he has one.
3k IS cheap as chips.
Is there a way i can tag him or something? It wont let me message him as im too new to the forums :(
Ruby black Z4MR
(sold) - 3.0i

wonkydonkey

G Power Supercharger

Post by wonkydonkey » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Someone is summoning you pokeybritches.
Previous:

<My name is James>

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

G Power Supercharger

Post by GuidoK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm

wonkydonkey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:29 pm I had never heard of G Power until last year, but it seems they're a really well established (German) tuning company that we just don't know about in the UK.
On mainland europe they are very popular and by far the biggest supplier in supercharger kits.
3K for this hardware is extremely cheap as this is a proper air2water cooled kit. (as a reference, the more simple SK+RS kits are €3k on their website, this kit used to be as expensive as, or even more expensive than the ESS kits)
There is however 1 point of attention, and that is that G-power is going through a rough period. Something happened between the owners/management that resulted in G-power falling apart.
Obviously the UK seller can do the install, but spare parts might be an issue if g-power dissolves completely.....
Afaik supercharger kits are now not from G-power anymore but from ASA kompressor/infinitas (infinitas was G-power's name before G-power; I think the person that had the rights to the "G-power" name left....)

G-power uses a specific kind of idler wheel pulleys on their belt setup that wear out reasonably fast. They are expensive for what they are, and you might need spares, so check if they're still available.
On the german z forum is a g-power topic where a few started experimenting with generic idler wheel pullleys that are somewhat of a fit (and 7 times cheaper)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

lewis_jennings

G Power Supercharger

Post by lewis_jennings » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 pm

GuidoK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm On mainland europe they are very popular and by far the biggest supplier in supercharger kits.
3K for this hardware is extremely cheap as this is a proper air2water cooled kit. (as a reference, the more simple SK+RS kits are €3k on their website, this kit used to be as expensive as, or even more expensive than the ESS kits)
There is however 1 point of attention, and that is that G-power is going through a rough period. Something happened between the owners/management that resulted in G-power falling apart.
Obviously the UK seller can do the install, but spare parts might be an issue if g-power dissolves completely.....
Afaik supercharger kits are now not from G-power anymore but from Infinitas. Before G-power, the company also was called infinitas. I think the person that has the rights to the name G-power left the company

G-power uses a specific kind of idler wheel pulleys on their belt setup that wear out reasonably fast. They are expensive for what they are, and you might need spares, so check if they're still available.
On the german z forum is a g-power topic where a few started experimenting with generic idler wheel pullleys that are somewhat of a fit (and 7 times cheaper)
Thanks for getting back to me mate.
Some really good info! Im going to have to give the guys at m style an email and see how they are for spare parts.

I live in northern ireland so im considering doing the install myself, as a trip to Essex is quite a trek lol.

Im going to go have a look on the german forum to see what progress they are having with the generic idlers.
This may be a bit cheeky but you dont by any chance have a link to it? :rofl:
GuidoK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm (as a reference, the more simple SK+RS kits are €3k on their website, this kit used to be as expensive as, or even more expensive than the ESS kits
The combination of you pointing this out and seeing mstyle are offering 0% apr finance on the kit its making me even more tempted :D
Ruby black Z4MR
(sold) - 3.0i

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

G Power Supercharger

Post by GuidoK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 pm

lewis_jennings wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 pm
Im going to go have a look on the german forum to see what progress they are having with the generic idlers.
This may be a bit cheeky but you dont by any chance have a link to it? :rofl:
From here on:
https://www.zroadster.com/forum/threads ... 79/page-59
This mostly goes about m54 kits but afaik the sk1 kits use the same rollers.
The combination of you pointing this out and seeing mstyle are offering 0% apr finance on the kit its making me even more tempted :D
If you're thinking about getting a supercharger kit, I'd jump on this one.
This kit is better than the ESS Z4m VT-1 kit imho (that has no cooling) and that kit is listed at $6795, and that is ex VAT.
And my guess is that the brexit won't do the pound any good, so ess kits will get more and more expensive.
This kit is a steal, and somehow I suspect that this is the only one they have, or it's a limited run for g-power/infinitas to get rid of their old stock (and that within short time these kits will be gone forever)
The price of this kit is so low that it looks like they want to get rid of it (like something went wrong and they ordered it twice or so).
Normally, just the compressor costs something like 2000 pound or so.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

lewis_jennings

G Power Supercharger

Post by lewis_jennings » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 pm

GuidoK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 pm If you're thinking about getting a supercharger kit, I'd jump on this one.
You know what, i think i will! Going to have to contact them tomorrow about finance. :)
I dont suppose you know how easy their kits are to install by yourself?

Appreciate the link btw
Ruby black Z4MR
(sold) - 3.0i

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

G Power Supercharger

Post by GuidoK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 pm

lewis_jennings wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 pm
I dont suppose you know how easy their kits are to install by yourself?
That all depends on your skills.
But if you're going to do this yourself, there probably will be a point that you're going to call them for advice for some small part that you're struggeling with, so support is important.
Also ask if it's even possible to do the install yourself.

As for the install: it might not be stricktly necessairy, but certainly better if you can have your car on a lift during the install. (and have an extra pair of hands helping you)

lewis_jennings

G Power Supercharger

Post by lewis_jennings » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:21 pm

GuidoK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 pm That all depends on your skills.
But if you're going to do this yourself, there probably will be a point that you're going to call them for advice for some small part that you're struggeling with, so support is important.
Also ask if it's even possible to do the install yourself.
Okay good to know, I'll have to ask them that when i give them a call.
GuidoK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 pm As for the install: it might not be stricktly necessairy, but certainly better if you can have your car on a lift during the install. (and have an extra pair of hands helping you)
Well I don't have a lift lol! Looks like i may have to dander down to my local celtic tuning garage (I live within 5 mins of it), and see what they'll charge for it.

Thanks very much for helping me out GuidoK! I'm very new to this :rofl:
I'll let you (and everyone else) know how i get on with them tomorrow :thumbsup:
Ruby black Z4MR
(sold) - 3.0i

Rally

G Power Supercharger

Post by Rally » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:59 am

now 5.5k :x
Screenshot_20200215-105828_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200215-105828_Chrome.jpg (118.11 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
Imola z4mr, carbon graphite ispiri FFR-6, mpss, gruppem, kw v3, oe strutbrace, aero skirts, schmiedmann carbon splitter, bcs exhaust, dice media, gaptech, F10 zhp & smiles every journey.

wonkydonkey

G Power Supercharger

Post by wonkydonkey » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Rally wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:59 am now 5.5k :x
Screenshot_20200215-105828_Chrome.jpg
:headbang:
Previous:

<My name is James>