Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CANCELLED: Wild Atlantic Run 2020 - 1st edition

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Attilio

CANCELLED: Wild Atlantic Run 2020 - 1st edition

Post by Attilio » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello all,

I think the most sensible thing to do at this point in time, considering the uncertainty of the situation and how long travel restrictions between our two countries will be in place and also considering that hotels, restaurants and pubs are likely to be closed for a while, it makes sense to cancel this event.

I hope all of you who already paid hotels and ferry tickets can recoup the sums committed...

I want to thank you all for the interest and enthusiasm in participating you showed and I will do my best to re-schedule to a date, most likely in September. I think in the next while it will be clearer whether that is a possibility.

Do reach out and - in case things improve rapidly and you feel like venturing across the Irish sea - I will be happy to meet you and be your guide and share some of the amazing roads (and scenery) together.

All the best
Attilio
Last edited by Attilio on Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

Pbondar

Wild Atlantic Run 2020 - 1st edition

Post by Pbondar » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi Attilio, I'f very much like to come, put me down as a possible pls..but with the other commitments either side of that date it may prove to be a bridge too far.. :thumbsup:

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi Attillio, would love to come along but as we have just booked our own Scottish west coast tour directly after Pbondar's Cairngorms odyssey, I can only ask that you put us down as a possible please. I will look into the feasibility of us doing it, and if not this year then hopefully next. :driving: :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:31 pm

We’ve gone from a maybe to yes..I’ll look at ferries..we‘lo get there for the Friday..

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Interested Attilio but as I explained in my message to you wont know until very near the time unfortunately :cry:

tadekk

Post by tadekk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:12 pm

I’m down 100%, as said before. Can I book the ferry now? :)

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:44 am

MerBrook wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:00 pm Hi Attillio, would love to come along but as we have just booked our own Scottish west coast tour directly after Pbondar's Cairngorms odyssey, I can only ask that you put us down as a possible please. I will look into the feasibility of us doing it, and if not this year then hopefully next. :driving: :thumbsup:
Thanks for the interest!
No worries, I will put you down as possible :thumbsup:
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:45 am

Pbondar wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:31 pm We’ve gone from a maybe to yes..I’ll look at ferries..we‘lo get there for the Friday..
hello Pbondar!

delighted to hear you are joining; thanks for the interest!

:thumbsup:

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:47 am

tadekk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:12 pm I’m down 100%, as said before. Can I book the ferry now? :)
Hello tadekk!

this is going to happen hell or high water, even if it is two cars only :wink:
will re-send a message on the WhatsApp group to see if there is more interest.

A

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:09 am

Hi Attilio, please put us down as a definite. Dogs accommodation sorted. :D
Is there a good time to book the ferry? is the price fairly constant because it’s a popular route and this run is over a bank holiday?
Looking forward to this
:thumbsup:

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am

Hello there,

A quick update on the Wild Atlantic Run 2020 - 1st edition of the Z4 Forum Irish Run.

Hope the dates and the fact that it includes a UK bank holiday makes it easier for you UK residents to participate (I cannot drain the Irish Sea to avoid the inconvenience of the ferry crossing and the bridge from Scotland to Northern Ireland won't be ready in time... :wink: )

The itinerary - below - might need some tweaking depending on the availability of accommodation but it is pretty much as it "should be".
Attilio wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm
Thanks to all of you who expressed interest and want to join; I know it requires extra effort because of the distance, the extra costs etc., I really appreciate it!

The list of participants so far:
  • Attilio - 2 people - 1 double room
  • Pbondar - 2 people - 1 double room
  • zedwheels - 2 people - 1 double room - possible
  • MerBrook - 2 people - 1 double room - possible
  • tadekk - 2 people - 1 double room
Please let me know if there are any inaccuracies in the list above/if we need to add more information. I guess we will add more detail when it is time to book accommodation etc..

Spread the word and pray for good weather :wink:
Looking forward to hearing from more of you!

Attilio

tadekk

Post by tadekk » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 am

Attilio wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am tadekk - 1 people - 1 double room
I haven't convinced my better half to join, so I'd be driving solo :) Happy to share if accommodation becomes a bottleneck.

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:39 am

tadekk wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 am
Attilio wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am tadekk - 1 people - 1 double room
I haven't convinced my better half to join, so I'd be driving solo :) Happy to share if accommodation becomes a bottleneck.
Hello tadekk,

doesn't she know about how attractive Irish girls can be? It could be risky to leave you on your own... :wink:

I will amend the details...Thanks for your availability to share a room.

Attilio

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:13 pm

I've booked the Stena Cairnryan-Belfast route out on the Friday 22nd and back on the Wednesda 27th May..

Plan to stay close to Dublin friday night, don't know if you have any recommendations (less than an hour from the start point) and then stay close to Belfast on the Tuesday night, again any nice places not too far (less than hour from the port)

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:41 pm

I have just booked the Holyhead - Dublin ferry, with Irish Ferries on Friday 22nd and return Tuesday 26th. I have also just booked Friday nights accommodation with Premier Inn, 105.00 euros with breakfast and able to cancel up to 14 days in advance without charge. So if any one has any better suggestions at a similar price then please share.