Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North Wales Run, Sunday 05.04.20 - CANCELLED

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
idej_z4

North Wales Run, Sunday 5th April 2020 - 25 CARS MAX, SO GET IN QUICK !

Post by idej_z4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:04 am

srhutch wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:18 pm
mr wilks wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:10 pm
jimbo1958 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:55 pm Will do...thanks. :thumbsup:
Seriously :? a forum organised run & a forum member ( longstanding who's attended many many events ) has to wait to see if there are spare places because he no longer has a Z :cry:
Have to agree with this, not what the forum is about.
As a moderator I would have thought an 'opinion' is not really what you should be offering. Whatever anyone thinks about it yours surely should be the last voice offering an opinion unless someone has broken a rule?

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am

idej_z4 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:04 am

Seriously :? a forum organised run & a forum member ( longstanding who's attended many many events ) has to wait to see if there are spare places because he no longer has a Z :cry:
As a moderator I would have thought an 'opinion' is not really what you should be offering. Whatever anyone thinks about it yours surely should be the last voice offering an opinion unless someone has broken a rule?
Totally agree with idej_z4.
My sentiments too. :thumbsup:

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Without getting political I think both Jimbo and Patriot were well judged in their comments

Jim accepts the run is numbers limited and that he doesn’t have a Zed, and would like to come along if numbers permit and Patriot has accepted that and agreed

I do feel it should be left at that

:driving:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

z4pilot

Post by z4pilot » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:59 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:10 pm Seriously :? a forum organised run & a forum member ( longstanding who's attended many many events ) has to wait to see if there are spare places because he no longer has a Z :cry:
Don't want to prolong the debate as it's been put to bed, but in respect of your point Dan, it depends whether you think moderators are there only to enforce rules or whether they are also guardians of forum ethos...
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

ibasniper

Post by ibasniper » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:29 pm

I'm in if there's space.. Gary & Nikki - Black E85
Cheers Gary

2004 Z4 E85 3.0i se Sapphire Black, with all the extra's
Snapper blue 440i coupe

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm

z4pilot wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Don't want to prolong the debate as it's been put to bed, but in respect of your point Dan, it depends whether you think moderators are there only to enforce rules or whether they are also guardians of forum ethos...
Forum ethos being an unwritten word that lives in peoples heads and therefore is different to everyone so in reality isn't a real thing...tough thing to guard for sure! :wink:

I get where you're coming from though Sean, just on a public board that is going to generate a lot of traffic due to the success of previous events I'm probably just questioning whether it is the platform to be leaving an opinion with such a negative connotation. Maybe a DM might have been a better option.

In true Corbyn Brexit style I'll just sit on the fence and pretend I don't have an opinion even though my actions probably make it 100% transparent what I think of the whole situ. :thumbsup: :P

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 pm

Just because I am a mod it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Jim has been on the forum for 10 years and just because he doesn't have a Z4 anymore shouldn't mean he is excluded. If that was the case Marlon and Wondermike wouldn't be moderators as they no longer own Z4's. The forum is about community also and Jim has made many friends over the 10 years and this would be an opportunity to see them again. The unwritten rule generally is that anybody attending with a non Z4 normally goes at the back.

As I said that's just my view, which I'm entitled to, otherwise if I am here just as a mod then it will be goodbye.

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:16 pm

srhutch wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 pm
srhutch wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:18 pm Have to agree with this, not what the forum is about.
Just because I am a mod it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Jim has been on the forum for 10 years and just because he doesn't have a Z4 anymore shouldn't mean he is excluded. If that was the case Marlon and Wondermike wouldn't be moderators as they no longer own Z4's. The forum is about community also and Jim has made many friends over the 10 years and this would be an opportunity to see them again. The unwritten rule generally is that anybody attending with a non Z4 normally goes at the back.

As I said that's just my view, which I'm entitled to, otherwise if I am here just as a mod then it will be goodbye.
You raise some interesting points, worthy of a thread of their own rather than one discussing a particular run

In essence you raise the whole point of purpose of the forum

What and who is it for ? And who should or shouldn’t attend and partake in Z4 runs?

What differentiates the Z4 forum from other motoring forums ?

How does a Zed meet differ from a cars and coffee meet or PistonHeads Sunday Service ?

If there are a limited number of spaces on a run and all are taken up by people who do not own Z4’s excluding people who do, is it still a Z4 run ?

Maybe as mods it is question you should ask and perhaps put a limit on the number of non Zeds attending ?

I do think that this thread should just be about the North Wales Run and maybe those that run the forum should make a decision about what vehicles are eligible elsewhere

Finally .. thanks Si for organising and putting a lot of hard work into this

(I’ve met Jim a number of times and he’s a top bloke .. I’m not having a dig at him at all )
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks for your input Steve (srhutch) and Andy (mr wilks).
Certainly wasn't my intention to stir up a hornets nest.
I was hoping to try and attend a few more Forum meets this year as well as the "National" that I've attended for the past 10 years. In that 10 years, I can't remember one year where there were no non Zeds but as Steve stated always at the back. This was the first year for me in the Jag and also there was Metal Licker(Boxster) and GJC72(M240i) and we happily drove at the back.

Back to this event and I fully appreciate there's limited numbers. Although I'll still register an interest to attend, I'm getting the feeling that perhaps I shouldn't even if there's available space.

I'm sure it'll be a great weekend though for all Zed owners that attend. Cheers. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:56 pm

ibasniper wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:29 pm I'm in if there's space.. Gary & Nikki - Black E85
Hi Gary. Welcome along. I'll add you to the list and look forward to meeting you then :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

silverzed

Post by silverzed » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:52 am

hi , put me on please Si !!!
Thank you

Vegas

Post by Vegas » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 am

Hi Si.

Can you add me please buddy.

Thanks,

Steve
3.0 Auto, Sterling Grey, Hardtop, Professional Nav, DSP, Digital TV, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Xenons, MFSW, Cupholders, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Folding Mirrors, Memory seats, Wind deflector, PDC, 108's, LED sides and Fogs, Stubby, Intravee.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm

I agree,Steve, moderators should be allowed to air their opinion like the rest of us.
I read this early in the thread,and thought it was a shame Jim was being excluded for not having a z any more,given he had two over 9 years or more,and had the pleasure of knowing him for many years,was sad to see this,as MrWilks had said,he has been on here for years and shouldn't be excluded now from meets.
Though,on the flip side, I have known Simon,etc for years too,and know that he would only be limiting numbers due to logistics if Lunch stops and the Drive itself possibly,as well.
I know myself and others have had this debate the first time we had non z ds at a National meet,on the 3rd one I think? Caused no end of debate,lol.
Also re the Moderators not having zeds and still being Mods. Catch 22 again,as Phil/cj10jeeoer left his role as a mod due to buying a Jag,after years of z ownership.
Part of me thinks a z4 forum should be ran by those with z4s,but if all the Mods who have moved into other cars stopped being Mods,you would continually need to get new replacement mods in, which isn't always easy.

Re the meets/drives,it shouldn't be upto the Moderators to decide who is and isn't allowed on Forum runs as some of them don't even regularly attend meets,while others do,plus it should be left to those who are organising the meet to set their rules in this regard.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

North Wales Run, Sunday 5th April 2020 - Reserve List now open

Post by Marlon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 pm

Last edited by Marlon on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm
The unwritten rule generally is that anybody attending with a non Z4 normally goes at the back
Lots
My reading of it is that both Jim and Si were being very grown up about and it. I think it should be left to them to sort it out

As I understand it NO ONE is saying Jim can’t go

I agree entirely with the unwritten rule and it makes perfect sense

The issue about THIS run as apposed to others or meets is

1. It is likely to be very very popular

2. Logistics have limited the numbers

The only unresolved question is whether who has priority to go on a run is decided by how long you have been a member ( regardless of whether you have a Zed or how long ago you sold it ) or whether you own a Zed

:)