Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New motor time

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

New motor time

Post by TitanTim » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 pm

Time came today to swap my little Hyundai i10 out for something a little larger and more colourful :? so collected a Kona in Acid Yellow pearl. It wasn't exactly the first colour choice I had in mind but as the dealer had a well timed cancelled order sitting at Tilbury docks that had just arrived in the country I managed to get a hefty chunk off list so the colour suddenly became more appealing :) It has half the cylinders of my M140i, seems most of these types of cars are designed with only half an engine these days :? Certainly a contrast to a 6cyl. It does have plenty of nice additions on it though, first time I've had a motor with air conditioned seats and has a natty head up display. Drives and handles quite nicely. Been very impressed with Hyundai as a brand upto now, hopefully this car will be as good as the i10.

Tim.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

New motor time

Post by firebobby » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:20 am

Smart looking car Tim
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

New motor time

Post by TitanTim » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 am

firebobby wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:20 am Smart looking car Tim
Cheers Bobby :thumbsup:

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

New motor time

Post by ronk » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:34 am

Not so long ago Kia / Hyundai were a joke- I suppose the Skoda joke of the age. Now they, like Skoda are no longer the butt of a any joke!
I think there’s a German fella heavily involved in the organisation?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Wyldie85

New motor time

Post by Wyldie85 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:41 am

As rock says, these brands were all considered a bit jokey and naff. That’s a good looking car and certainly makes a nice change to the sea of white, grey and black. :thumbsup:
2006 Silver grey 2.5si Convertible - Sold
2006 ///M Convertible - Sold
2019 Mercedes C300 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
2019 San Francisco red M40i inc Tech & Comfort packs

buzyg
Legend
Legend

New motor time

Post by buzyg » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Well your never going to lose that one in the Tesco car park. :thumbsup:

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

New motor time

Post by Jembo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Wyldie85 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:41 am As rock says, these brands were all considered a bit jokey and naff. That’s a good looking car and certainly makes a nice change to the sea of white, grey and black. :thumbsup:
Totally agree - a few years ago was given the keys to a Kia Sportage at an airport. After a few &£&?#%## the hire firm assured me I’d be very surprised & to bring it back after 10 min if really was awful.

I’ve driven some right old hire dogs in my time, had to admit it drove & worked as well as many AUDI’s I’ve had
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

New motor time

Post by ben g » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:20 pm

I cannot fathom what possesses old people to buy such garishly coloured vehicles? It honestly makes me laugh :lol:

It's probably a nice, decent car, but I just can't take anyone seriously if they're driving something in such a terrible colour.

I actually had a conversation about it with the missus earlier, as we were sat next to an old lady in a bright yellow Citroën ds3, which had a white roof.

Maybe I'm just miserable? :lol: I used to own an orange Focus ST when I was 20. No way would I drive that car about now. I'm 31.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

maxman

New motor time

Post by maxman » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:40 pm

There's no way I would be driving around in that if I had a m140i sitting in the garage.Life is to short. :rofl:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

New motor time

Post by TitanTim » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Update, had the car neary 2 weeks now and finding it brill as a daily, nice and confortable and all the kit you would need. I didn't buy it as a car to excite me but to perform a task as an A to B car thats well built, refined, economical and good value for my hard earned, exactly what it does. As for the colour, it wasn't my first choice but as it was a cancelled order with a fair chunk knocked off list I'm more than happy, colour has really grown on me and actually gets quite a few admiring glances and a few asks how I'm finding it, oddly never had that when out about in BMWs of past , probably as people think I'm an unapproachable arogant badge snob with attitude :wink:

Agree with some of the comments, the likes of Hyundai/Kia etc have come a long way in the past few years, for me easily on par with BMW and in many areas exceeds in build quality, don't knock until you own over long term and you get the lighbulb moment.

Still enjoy BMW ownership but I've always loved cars at the other end of the scale that do the same job :)

I seem to remember someone on here had a bright yellow E89 once, I can't quite remember her name now though :lol:

Tim.