Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alpina purchase

Alpina Specific discussion
Sheltzy

Alpina purchase

Post by Sheltzy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Hi all,
After owning a 2.5 Z4 from 2003 to 2015, I have decided to look for a replacement and an Alpina appears to be the ultimate upgrade for me as an MR would be too hardcore, from what I’ve read and seen in videos.
12 years and 60k miles in the old Z4 obviously gave a few issues that I know I need to look out for - roof motor, window regulators, rear coil springs, etc, but the biggest concern is the sticky steering that although intermittent on the old car did affect the ownership experience, BMW as we all know were in total denial that this problem existed.
I’ve been looking through the classifieds and one car is of interest which I believe is #169 advertised as a 1 previous owner 79k with full service history at £14k. As prices vary quite a lot this seems to be around mid range. From reading some of the Alpina posts this car may have been owned by forum member ‘alpinaboy’?
Any advice or information will be gladly received 😊

MerBrook

Alpina purchase

Post by MerBrook » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi Sheltzy, I’m curious why you think that the car you have seen advertised is No.169? As No.169 is our car and is not advertised for sale anywhere and has been in our ownership for the last four years. I would also be interested in seeing a link to the advertised car if that is possible.
Many thanks.
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Alpina purchase

Post by firebobby » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:18 am

MerBrook wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:58 pm Hi Sheltzy, I’m curious why you think that the car you have seen advertised is No.169? As No.169 is our car and is not advertised for sale anywhere and has been in our ownership for the last four years. I would also be interested in seeing a link to the advertised car if that is possible.
Many thanks.
Have you checked your garage lately Tim :P :wink:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Sheltzy

Alpina purchase

Post by Sheltzy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:32 am

Hi Tim,
Sorry for any misunderstanding, saw a car with that number on a post titled image thread? It’s a sterling grey with red interior, the dealer has not given the # and I haven’t contacted them yet.
Regards

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Alpina purchase

Post by buzyg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:11 am

Sheltzy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:32 am Hi Tim,
Sorry for any misunderstanding, saw a car with that number on a post titled image thread? It’s a sterling grey with red interior, the dealer has not given the # and I haven’t contacted them yet.
Regards
We best get Alan to check his garrage next then. :wink:

Hope you find a goodun OP. Oh and the ///MR is not hard core unless you want it to be. It has a big old soft side too. :wub: :hairdryer: :driving: