Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help - I think my car is in transport mode

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
SuperCoupe

Post by SuperCoupe » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 am

Nharris89 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 pm
Sandman77 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 pm My attempts to download and install DIS failed so I am still looking for a friendly forum member who can do this please.
I had this same issue when I picked up my e85. I bought this cable from Amazon which you then get a link to download INPA and ISTA on a programme called BMW Suite. It takes ages to download (left mine downloading overnight) I managed to turn it off using ISTA because I couldn't figure out how to do it on INPA. ROYALTEC INPA K+DCAN K DCAN Interface,Diagnostic Tool OBD II Cable SSS ISTA NCS Coding Winkfp Programing Support E serials with Switch https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0779FK5NK/ ... 5Cb07PPM3P

If you go for it, I'm happy to talk you through it once you've got everything downloaded and plugged in :)
Hey! I just bought this cable with the hope of removing the dreaded transport mode, would you be able to talk me through the steps on how you did it? Did you ever put together a screenshot guide on the forum?'

Cheers!

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:49 pm

SuperCoupe wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 am
Sandman77 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 pm My attempts to download and install DIS failed so I am still looking for a friendly forum member who can do this please.
I had this same issue when I picked up my e85. I bought this cable from Amazon which you then get a link to download INPA and ISTA on a programme called BMW Suite. It takes ages to download (left mine downloading overnight) I managed to turn it off using ISTA because I couldn't figure out how to do it on INPA. ROYALTEC INPA K+DCAN K DCAN Interface,Diagnostic Tool OBD II Cable SSS ISTA NCS Coding Winkfp Programing Support E serials with Switch https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0779FK5NK/ ... 5Cb07PPM3P

If you go for it, I'm happy to talk you through it once you've got everything downloaded and plugged in :)
Hey! I just bought this cable with the hope of removing the dreaded transport mode, would you be able to talk me through the steps on how you did it? Did you ever put together a screenshot guide on the forum?'

Cheers!
I wish I had kept a screenshot log of how to do it!! I'm sure I'll remember when I plug in and go through it all again. When you get your cable and software, you'll need to download the ista+ application, I couldn't see a way of doing it via inpa so I did it via ista very easy. Gimme a shout when you've got it downloaded, setup and are ready to go! Then we shall go through it together! I remember it's very simple
04' e85 2.2i Roadster SE, Toledo blue.

SuperCoupe

Post by SuperCoupe » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Right... Got the cable, got BMWSuite (loaded on a copy of XP running in Paralells on Mac! Downloading ISTA+ now. I'll give it a go as soon as it downloads but might ask for help if its tricky!

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Please take some screen shots on the way to help others!
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:31 pm

SuperCoupe wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm Right... Got the cable, got BMWSuite (loaded on a copy of XP running in Paralells on Mac! Downloading ISTA+ now. I'll give it a go as soon as it downloads but might ask for help if its tricky!
Good luck!!

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:09 am

Nharris89 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 pm
ph001 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 am I think a guide with screen shots on ISTA would be a great resource for the forum :poke: :thumbsup:
Leave it with me, I'm playing with the car next weekend so I'll plug in and see what I can do :)

Did you ever get a chance to do this?
I'm waiting for my cable but will be doing the same thing.

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Fri May 01, 2020 7:37 pm

What year car and model did you have?

Do you have high overview of the steps you took to remove it using ISTA-D
I tried today but I think my K-Can cable is incorrect for my 07 E85

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am

yyz_bobby wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:37 pm

What year car and model did you have?

Do you have high overview of the steps you took to remove it using ISTA-D
I tried today but I think my K-Can cable is incorrect for my 07 E85
Sorry for delay response! Its best to do it using ISTA+ . Follow these instructions and you should be set - In ISTA go to: vehicle management/service functions/maintenance and pre-delivery check/transport mode, pre-delivery check/delete transport mode

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am

And mine is a 2005 e85 :)

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 am

Also check that your obd cable is set to the right setting. Should be a slider switch on it where it plugs into the car.

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Sun May 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Nharris89 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 am lso check that your obd cable is set to the right setting. Should be a slider switch on it where it plugs into
thanks I had a K-Line originally but i sent it back and order a D-Can. I am not too sure what the switch achieves but it was just a stab to get the newer cable with the switch.

hopefully cokmes soon and I can try InstaD again.

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:41 pm

yyz_bobby wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:29 pm
Nharris89 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 am lso check that your obd cable is set to the right setting. Should be a slider switch on it where it plugs into
thanks I had a K-Line originally but i sent it back and order a D-Can. I am not too sure what the switch achieves but it was just a stab to get the newer cable with the switch.

Any update on this Bobby?

yyz_bobby

Post by yyz_bobby » Tue May 12, 2020 8:35 am

Nharris89 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:41 pm
yyz_bobby wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Any update on this Bobby?
Yes - got it done and because I like to be super helpful to fellow Z4 owners I will be recording videos with my steps.

1) I used ISTA-D - its really easy to use once you watched some youtube but the effort was hours and hours of reading threads from the last 15 years just to get the two main config files correct.

2) INPA was installed first, i always load INPA first to check the cable is connected, BUT I am not sure if it needs to be. I am pretty sure it or EDIBIAS files need to be present for ISTA-D to work.

3) The single install tools that are available are all different in the default settings. I used the software from bcables so my steps might differ to someone who uses Beermerlabs or Mikes tools. I also purchased my K+DCAN cable from bcables too.

If I don't have links to my videos posted by end of this week just remind me. I got them half done but I do want them to be really helpful.

I killed a few days effort on this damn transport mode but I learnt about INPA, NCS, and ISTA-D in the process so not all lost effort.

Bobby