Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recent Purchase Issue

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Sail

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Sail » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:15 am

Hi all,

Long story short, I recently bought an item from a member on here. Received the item but didn't quite like it in the flesh. Seller sent me pics of another similar item which was exactly what I was after. We agreed on an exchange and I paid him £40 extra for the other item I wanted. I sent the parcel back via a drop off service and arranged one for the seller as well (had to re-arrange courier three times at £25 as he didn't answer his door or leave a note on his door for the courier!) So gave him the flexibility to just use a drop off service and drop it off that week. I updated him from my end with all the tracking info and asked for mine to be sent quickly as I didn't want to tell the garage for the third time it's not arrived!
I texted him patiently on several occasions, I noticed he would come online but completely ignore my messages. He then messaged me after a few days and sent me a picture of a different parcel with rubbish in it. He claims this is the parcel I sent him, but upon further inspection of the pictures, the parcel is definitely not the same size/shape and has a different label on it...
At this point I contacted the courier to check up on this and put my exchange order on hold, but all I could be told was that it was definitely delivered. The seller has now decided to block me and has not refunded me.

I'm now sitting here without my original item I bought, no sign of a refund, wasted money on couriers and no contact to/from seller.

Can anyone give advice or point me in the right direction? Greatly appreciated,

Z4Sparky

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Z4Sparky » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:27 am

To be honest, I am not sure there is much you can do and might have to chalk it up to a bad experience.

You don't mention how much the original item was, but I am assuming relatively low value....so trying to go down any legal route my be a "write off"
2010 E89 sDrive 2.3i Alpine White

wonkydonkey

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by wonkydonkey » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:59 am

What a crappy way to behave. Fortunately I've only been "had" once in 17 years of buying and selling car stuff through forums. The vast majority of forum users are honest and fair, but there's always going to be some scummy toe rag out there who's willing to make life difficult and unpleasant for you. You have his address, so I suppose you could pay a visit, but I'm guessing he's not local to you. We can all hope that the same happens to him, ten times over, and allow karma to do her work :)
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

Davz

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Davz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:50 am

That is really appalling.

Would you mind posting the members ID so that we can all avoid him or the mods remove him from the forum, the only trouble is he could rejoin under another name unless his IP is checked.

Did you pay via paypal, they could look into this, he may have form and done this to others, which paypal may be aware of.
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

Sidewaze Samm

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:47 am

Davz wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:50 am Would you mind posting the members ID so that we can all avoid him

:thumbsup:
Name and shame
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

Filkcs

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Filkcs » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 pm

There is no need to name and shame, the member he refers to is me.
I have contacted a moderator in the hope of having this 'issue' resolved.
I am lucky i have kept and messages, and the box of rubbish he returned to me hoping i would fall for the fact he was 'returning' an item.

Many members on here have met me, and also bought items from me with absolutely NO issues, so i am sure they will vouch for me.

IF the exhausts were sent back to me, which i massively doubt, but IF they were and not a box of rubbish which i still have unfortunately, they 100% did NOT arrive with me.

This is a case of don't judge before knowing details.

Thanks,
Phil
Current : 2.5si Silver roadster - Recaro CS seats, Front and rear M bumpers, 19" CSL Reps, Flat bottom steering wheel, Quad exhaust
Previous: 2.0 Black roadster
Instagram : @filkcs

basil the dog

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by basil the dog » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:35 pm

I've met Filkcs when i bought the quad exhaust and rear M bumper from him, paid him prior to collection and picked them up on the aranged day with no problems, seems a decent bloke,

Sail

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Sail » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Filkcs wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 pm There is no need to name and shame, the member he refers to is me.
I have contacted a moderator in the hope of having this 'issue' resolved.
Recent update...

The reason why I didn't name and shame him is because I'm really not that kind of person and do respect others privacy. He did give me a call about a month ago and apologised that he would refund my extra £40 I sent him. At this point I thought, ok he seems a decent enough and genuine guy.

However, after patiently waiting I have sent him multiple PM's, e-mails, texts, phone calls and voicemails, so it now seems as if he is just ignoring me and stealing my money into his own pocket.

Ok fair enough, he can't refund me for the back boxes that he claims he never got back (which I'm now suspicious about), which are still under investigation by the courier, but that doesn't mean he can't refund me my extra £40 I have sent him. I'm sorry but I feel as if he has taken me for a ride with all this. I have paid £25 EACH time to collect from his address, which I had to keep on rescheduling, plus I don't have the time to be dealing with this crap.

Phil, if you are reading this, can you please reply or give me a call back. Thanks.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by mr wilks » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Oh what a saga :cry:

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Oh4show

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Oh4show » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Mate you got bumped grow balls and go sort it face to face instead of crying on a forum , you no were he stays after all.

Sail

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Sail » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:38 am

mr wilks wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:37 pm Oh what a saga :cry:

:lol:

Sail

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by Sail » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:43 am

Oh4show wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:32 pm Mate you got bumped grow balls and go sort it face to face instead of crying on a forum , you no were he stays after all.
I'm not crying, I'm just seeking advice - isn't that what a forum is part of after all?

I know where he stays, but it's a little difficult when you stay hundreds of miles apart...

Hence why I have come here first, in the hope of resolving this appropriately - maybe a moderator could look into this?

CRE

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by CRE » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:10 am

This is a tough situation. If possible open a claim with PayPal or your credit card company. You can always make the issue known publicly. People with established reputations, just like on Ebay, may be forced to action when facing such strong negative reviews in a public setting.

As for the ability of administrators and moderators, we can check to see how active a person has been, see if you've been blocked and check to see if other accounts are using the same IP. We can also, depending on the software hosting the forum, view the history of contact information, primarily current and former email addresses. I am not an admin on this site but I am on a couple others (Supras RULE!). As far as such things go, I'm willing to share this information with the admins on other sites and we generally coordinate to make sure that such things do not repeat. I'm able to view and save the history of edited posts, but this is typically useless. In your situation, the administrators of this aren't able to do much. If this were a case of advertising fraud on the seller's part a bit more would be possible simply in that we can provide some documentation regarding what parts or service were offered and the original post or PM deleted/edited.

eddiemunster

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by eddiemunster » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:22 am

Oh4show wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:32 pm Mate you got bumped grow balls and go sort it face to face instead of crying on a forum , you no were he stays after all.
Jesus, the worst of all opinions; I don't know where to start with nonsense like this.

bg1

Recent Purchase Issue

Post by bg1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:36 am

Unfortunately both views are pretty much mutuall exclusive - who to believe?