Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A like button

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Crazy Harry

A like button

Post by Crazy Harry » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Or 20s / 30s were most likely to post their age - since they probably include it in profiles on other sites. I suggest oldies are less likely to post their lives on line which is kinda what I was saying before.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

A like button

Post by Smartbear » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 am

idej_z4 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 pm I kind of agree with Scootr...I think the large majority of people on here haven't grown up with social media so just don't get the 'like' concept, hence the comments from Mr Bear...

I think there was a poll a while back to work out the average age of Zed owners and I'm pretty sure the 50+ category was the highest group. **edit** just looked and this comment is incorrect. Poll said late 20s early 30s was the most popular group.

Personally I do hope the forum gets a modernised face-lift at some point. I've always found it strange you don't access the forum through an app for a starters. That said, the content and knowledge is top draw and I suppose that's the most important thing!
I’ve been on Facebook for over 10 years, I’ll be joining one of those self help groups i mentioned shortly :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

scootr

A like button

Post by scootr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:39 am

I've been around a few forums. Each one does have it's own collective personality. I get it if you don't want to be perceived as just another modern forum. If the sentiment (he) expressed is the community ideal then go with it. I will say I find a lot more worthwhile content here than any of the other Z forums on the net. So you are doing something right.

And thanks for putting up with me - I'm enjoying the change.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Andrew Sheldon

A like button

Post by Andrew Sheldon » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:58 am

It is after all just a "like" button......you don't have to use it....you can still post a comment if you wish …
I see people write jokes and post funny pics but I don't want to post..." ha ha that was funny" Or :D …would prefer to show my appreciation by simply pressing the like button..... "simples"....

idej_z4

A like button

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:21 am

Smartbear wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 am
idej_z4 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 pm I kind of agree with Scootr...I think the large majority of people on here haven't grown up with social media so just don't get the 'like' concept, hence the comments from Mr Bear...

I think there was a poll a while back to work out the average age of Zed owners and I'm pretty sure the 50+ category was the highest group. **edit** just looked and this comment is incorrect. Poll said late 20s early 30s was the most popular group.

Personally I do hope the forum gets a modernised face-lift at some point. I've always found it strange you don't access the forum through an app for a starters. That said, the content and knowledge is top draw and I suppose that's the most important thing!
I’ve been on Facebook for over 10 years, I’ll be joining one of those self help groups i mentioned shortly :P
Rob
I think they all hang out in a place called Twitter. :thumbsup:

z4pilot

A like button

Post by z4pilot » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:28 am

idej_z4 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 pm Personally I do hope the forum gets a modernised face-lift at some point. I've always found it strange you don't access the forum through an app for a starters. That said, the content and knowledge is top draw and I suppose that's the most important thing!
Not sure why you would need an app to access the forum Dan? I simply added the url for unread posts to my phone home screen and it creates an icon (handily with a big Z in it!) - one click and I'm in. Which app were you thinking about?
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

buzyg
Legend
Legend

A like button

Post by buzyg » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Smartbear wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 am

Rob
I have had an account for years, as there are some groups I belong to that have migrated there. I really do not like the lay out, the adverts or much at all about it though. The Facebook style of site, feel like they are forever trying to distract my attention in some direction that I have little interest in, for the sake of it, most annoying. :thumbsdown:

Personally I find the way forums like this work is far more personal and interactive. :thumbsup:

idej_z4

A like button

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:34 pm

z4pilot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:28 am
idej_z4 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 pm Personally I do hope the forum gets a modernised face-lift at some point. I've always found it strange you don't access the forum through an app for a starters. That said, the content and knowledge is top draw and I suppose that's the most important thing!
Not sure why you would need an app to access the forum Dan? I simply added the url for unread posts to my phone home screen and it creates an icon (handily with a big Z in it!) - one click and I'm in. Which app were you thinking about?
I have the same setup tbh, other forums I've been on run it through tapatalk I think it's called.

I work with a lot of UX / UI designers so I can see loads of improvements that could me made through a dedicated app, such as app notifications, easier account management, bigger buttons, better search etc.

This is not a dig BTW, I've had loads of brilliant information from this place, just my observations.

scootr

A like button

Post by scootr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Quotes ....

I have the same setup tbh, other forums I've been on run it through tapatalk I think it's called.

I work with a lot of UX / UI designers so I can see loads of improvements that could me made through a dedicated app, such as app notifications, easier account management, bigger buttons, better search etc.

This is not a dig BTW, I've had loads of brilliant information from this place, just my observations.
[/quote]

I have a website that is a bit dated. Personally I got tired of rebuilding every time a new platform was run up. Technology is changing so fast my iphoneX is out of date. Speaking for myself, old people get burnt out on keeping up. lol
Like you said - there is a ton of good info and good people here that like it the way it is.
It works for me :thumbsup:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace