Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coding Remote Window Close and Folding Mirrors

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Overweight Unicorn

Post by Overweight Unicorn » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:19 am

enzed4 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:37 amI coded my windows to close, mirrors to fold when locking with the key fob (hold lock button for about 2 secs) using Carly.
I have this option: S313A Foldin outside mirror - @Overweight Unicorn - do you have this?
Doh! I've just pressed 'lock' for a fraction longer than I normally would (just tap it) and hey presto it works!

Thanks, enzed4
E89 23i M Sport Highline
Alpine white
Red Coral
19" 326M

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am

Overweight Unicorn wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:19 am
enzed4 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:37 amI coded my windows to close, mirrors to fold when locking with the key fob (hold lock button for about 2 secs) using Carly.
I have this option: S313A Foldin outside mirror - @Overweight Unicorn - do you have this?
Doh! I've just pressed 'lock' for a fraction longer than I normally would (just tap it) and hey presto it works!

Thanks, enzed4
I wish all fixes were that easy :rofl:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Overweight Unicorn

Post by Overweight Unicorn » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:51 am

enzed4 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am I wish all fixes were that easy
Amen! The windows are still not going up, but I may have uncoded them yesterday? I'll go through them later.
E89 23i M Sport Highline
Alpine white
Red Coral
19" 326M

javis20

Post by javis20 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 pm

Well I replaced my battery updated my sp-daten's and now i can retry coding my mirrors. Maybe tomorrow.

javis20

Post by javis20 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:39 pm

No luck with NCS Expert. I read the ECU for both files in question. And verified that changes were made correctly. Still mirrors do not fold when locking car. Must be something else. 2011 E89 3.0i Msport package.

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Are you holding the key fob lock button for a few seconds? A quick press will only lock it longer press to fold mirrors
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

javis20

Post by javis20 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Yes. Press and hold. No cigar.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Chippie wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:53 pm below is the procedure I used to code the folding mirrors, I think there are different versions of NCSexpert so some of the menus may be different

1. Launch NCS Expert software. Click “File” -> “Load profile” -> “Revtors Expert Profile”, then click OK.

2. Click the “VIN/ZCS/FA” Button (F1). Then “FA/ZCS/ECU”. Then choose your vehicle body type (E89)

3. Select “CAS” and click OK. ? it may take a while to process

4. Click “Back” (F6)

5. Click “process ECU”

6. Select module to work with (CAS, FRM,NFRM) and click OK

7. Click “Back”

8. Select module “CAS” and click ok

9. Click “change job” (F2) choose “CODIFRINDATEN_LESSEN”, then click ”execute job”

10. Next open file explorer and navigate to “Windows C > NCSExpert > work” folder and open “FSW_PSW.TRC “ file (open with notepad and “save as” “CAS_FSW_PSW.TRC” to a” backup “ folder you can create in the ” work” folder,( then close and reopen the original “FSW_PSW.TRC” file )
11. Next locate the text line you wish to alter (for folding mirrors when locking) FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST (use “file->edit->find” to locate ) and delete the “nicht” part of “nicht_aktiv” to just leave “aktiv”

12. Click “file->save as” and rename as “FSW_PSW.MAN “ click ok, click yes if prompted to replace it

13. Go back to NCS Expert and click “change Job” and select “SG_CODIEREN” click OK

14. Click “Execute job” this will then write to “CAS” module, the idrive will then close and reboot

15. To complete the programming For folding mirrors go back to stage 5 above and repeat the procedure for the “NFRM” module and find “ASP_EINKLAPPEN” and alter to “active” (saving a copy as “NFRM_PSW.TRC” , this gives you a copy of both modules you have altered in case you need to re set the original for any reason, simply “save as “,“FSW_PSW.MAN” back to the “work” folder and re run “SG_CODIEREN” )

16. If you wish to keep a backup every time you make a change then simply save a copy as “CAS1_FSW_PSW.TRC” “CAS2_FSW_PSW.TRC” “CAS3_FSW_PSW.TRC” etc. or whichever module you are working on.

CAS module close windows
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA > active
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB >active
I used NCSdummie for coding the windows and didn't really take note of what I altered but looking at the FSW_PSW file I can only think it is the above.
hope this is useful to someone.
please note you do this at your own risk.
javis20 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:39 pm No luck with NCS Expert. I read the ECU for both files in question. And verified that changes were made correctly. Still mirrors do not fold when locking car. Must be something else. 2011 E89 3.0i Msport package.
@Javis - did you see chippie's post regarding doing coding twice?
To complete the programming For folding mirrors go back to stage 5 above and repeat the procedure for the “NFRM” module and find “ASP_EINKLAPPEN” and alter to “active” (saving a copy as “NFRM_PSW.TRC” , this gives you a copy of both modules you have altered in case you need to re set the original for any reason, simply “save as “,“FSW_PSW.MAN” back to the “work” folder and re run “SG_CODIEREN” )

And I'm not sure if you mentioned if you have option S313A Foldin Outside Mirrors ?

javis20

Post by javis20 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Yes, both were coded. CAS and NFRM. I fired up NCS_Expert this morning and read the files in both the CAS and NFRM modules and they are indicating my changes were made correctly.

Vin decoder doesn't say anything about 313, I have option 430. I have a button, next to the mirror left right selector switch, that electrically folds the mirrors. So I do have power folding mirrors.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:25 am

javis20 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 pm Yes, both were coded. CAS and NFRM. I fired up NCS_Expert this morning and read the files in both the CAS and NFRM modules and they are indicating my changes were made correctly.

Vin decoder doesn't say anything about 313, I have option 430. I have a button, next to the mirror left right selector switch, that electrically folds the mirrors. So I do have power folding mirrors.
Sorry if I keep asking, but I'm not sure that you've answered the specific question. Chippie mentions programming the options twice (not that there are two options to code). This could be significant, and you didn't say you have coded it twice as per Chippie's post.
I would hate to see this fail over something like that.
Again, sorry if you've done this, I can't see that you have or not.
Cheers.

javis20

Post by javis20 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:45 am

Yes. First you read the cas module, rename the resulting file FSW_PSW.MAN.man modified the parameters, save and then run SG_CODIEREN.
Then repeat the process by reading the NFRM module and renaming the file FSW_PSW.man, save and again running SG_CODIEREN.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 am

javis20 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:45 am Yes. First you read the cas module, rename the resulting file FSW_PSW.MAN.man modified the parameters, save and then run SG_CODIEREN.
Then repeat the process by reading the NFRM module and renaming the file FSW_PSW.man, save and again running SG_CODIEREN.
Thanks, sorry I can't be more help.
As far as I can tell, main difference between 313 and 430 is that 313 doesn't have autodimming, but both have folding function.
I assume your passenger mirror tilts down when reversing? (if you've set the mirror selector switch to the driver's side).

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:14 am

Have a search for any reference of “KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG” in “CAS” and see if it is set to “aktiv”
You don’t have to be connected to the car just read your FSW_PSW_TRC or MAN file in the work folder
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

javis20

Post by javis20 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:20 pm

It's set active.

bmw665

Post by bmw665 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:08 am

I have tried and tried but cannot put the top down. long hold on unlock does not do it. I have a 2011 35i without comfort access. My remote is the one that does not have a replaceable battery and charges when you insert the key fob into the ignition. I checked with the dealer and they confirmed if you don't have comfort access you can't control the top with the key fob. I purchased the Carly software with the OBDII and can view all the codes but cannot change anything that falls into comfort access. I think my next step is to check out Carista. What am I missing? if you can control the top going down without comfort access then maybe its how BMW controls their options in different countries. i'm in the US/California