Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Loose chippings - a rant!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 am

Most of my daily commute is B-roads and all summer long I've been detoured left, right and centre, to avoid re-chipped roads.

Today it has come to a head and I need to vent off somewhere. Sorry, it had to be on here.

In a line of about half a dozen cars, all well spaced and crawling across new chippings that were put down yesterday. Everyone being sensible and cautious. In my 335 not the Z luckily.
Then, barrelling towards us comes school-run-mummy in her Range Rover, doing a roughly guessed 60+ in a 40 limit.
I am now booked for a replacement windscreen, with a 3 cm star chip in my line of sight.
The chap behind has three separate chips, all in the driver's line of sight.
But worst of all, the 78-year-old chap in his lovingly polished Fiesta in front of me, who was only on his way to get milk and a paper, had his driver's door glass smashed into a thousand pieces. He stalled and sat in shock, with blood on his cheek. Took us other two 'victims' half an hour to calm him down, then I took his car back home for him while the other chap followed to take me back to mine.
He is fine, but shaken up. His son is on the way to help him sort his car.
Sadly, no-one had a camera and no-one got a reg, but there were kids in the RR, so I'm guessing it'll be on the same route again. Sadly we cannot prove a thing though.

Why the heck do these people not think!

Rant over; thanks for listening :headbang:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

brillomaster

Post by brillomaster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:41 am

Id be getting in touch with council, they are responsible for safe roads, and recently dressed roads are clearly not safe. Same as dealing with potholes.

Get in touch with council, report what happened, report damages occured, claim for damages.

You never know, if it happens enough, councils might do away with this dressing roads nonsense, and actually resurface roads properly.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:49 am

brillomaster wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:41 am Id be getting in touch with council, they are responsible for safe roads, and recently dressed roads are clearly not safe. Same as dealing with potholes.
Well yes, I see your point, but given all the warning signs and the fact that all the drivers in my direction were adhering to the 20 mph advice I feel that, in this case, it was more down to an ignorant driver.
Either down to being late, having no sympathy for her own car, no pride in looking after it, or probably, given the type of car, not caring because she'll have a new one next year anyway!

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm

I'd have a go at shouting at the Police about her. If its her school run she'll be along again this afternoon or in the morning - simple matter to get her registration and then all identify her as this mornings driver. You know where the old boy lives and who knows it might well have been contact with her wing mirror that broke his drivers window.

If nothing is done that just reinforces her anti social behaviour

Might be the sort of story that you could interest the EDP or Look East - poor old Norfolk boy and them flash London types - when I moved down here in the 90's they were still upset with Clarkson about the "in London they say look a Cosworth; in Norfolk they say look a car" comment to the extent my local news agent didn't stock the Top Gear mag :lol:
Last edited by Crazy Harry on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm I'd have a go at shouting at the Police about her. If its her school run she'll be along again this afternoon or in the morning - simple matter to get her registration and then all identify her as this mornings driver. You know where the old boy lives and who knows it might well have been contact with her wing mirror that broke his drivers window.

If nothing is done that just reinforces her anti social behaviour
I will be too late through for the school return run, however the old boy's son is hanging around and is going to try to track her down.
Spoke to him on the phone and he's fuming. He has contact details for both of us who stopped, but the one's in front probably saw nothing and the two cars behind just disappeared. He intends to get a photo and email it to us. When we confirm then he will take it further.
Was definitely a stone that broke his window, the road was pretty wide and she was well over. Ironically, if she'd been closer then the stones possibly wouldn't have got so high.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 pm

I'm sure if the Police were inclined (given the damage to other cars) a good case for 'without due care and attention' could be made.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 pm

These kind of arseholes make me want to make guns legal....which is a silly idea but still.....It’s the ‘f**k you i’m all right and I don’t give two f***s for you Jack’ attitude that makes the bile rise doesn’t it.... :x :x

What makes me as angry as this ignorant bitch is this constant chipping of roads that happens every summer in hot weather, and mostly on roads that don’t need it. The morons did a few stretches near me this summer on perfectly smooth tarmac, no need to touch it, no pot holes, no cracking, no reason for it, I simply have no idea why they do this. Is it to give the gritting lorry drivers something to do over summer? Councils keep bleating about how skint they are and they’re having to cut this service, that service, and yet there they are chipping roads for what seems to be absolutely no reason at all. I must get off my arse and write to them asking, nay, demanding an answer, it causes no end of damage as we all know. :headbang: :headbang:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:03 pm

But you can bet the aforementioned 'ignorant bitch' would be phoning her MP if it was her father or grandfather that was in the Fiesta.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:07 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:03 pm But you can bet the aforementioned 'ignorant bitch' would be phoning her MP if it was her father or grandfather that was in the Fiesta.
Without a doubt..... :x
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

JoshsZ4M

Post by JoshsZ4M » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:50 pm

That properly sucks balls... hope she gets prosecuted for driving without due care and attention. No need for it, and it’s arrogant. Hope you manage to track her down 👍
Current -

-2003 TVR Cerbera AJPV8 :driving:
-1986 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant

Gone - 2006 ///MR, Interlagos blue with extended black leather

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Oh I think you deserve a rant after that sort of Ahole wrecked your day. :thumbsdown:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:09 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm Oh I think you deserve a rant after that sort of Ahole wrecked your day. :thumbsdown:
Well it's cost me £75 plus a messed up Saturday at Autoglass in Norwich, but to be honest, I just mainly feel sorry for the old chap. He got a terrible fright and was white as a sheet. Hoping I hear from his son soon, asking me to confirm a photo, if he managed to find the dozy bint.

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:33 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 am Most of my daily commute is B-roads and all summer long I've been detoured left, right and centre, to avoid re-chipped roads.

Today it has come to a head and I need to vent off somewhere. Sorry, it had to be on here.

In a line of about half a dozen cars, all well spaced and crawling across new chippings that were put down yesterday. Everyone being sensible and cautious. In my 335 not the Z luckily.
Then, barrelling towards us comes school-run-mummy in her Range Rover, doing a roughly guessed 60+ in a 40 limit.
I am now booked for a replacement windscreen, with a 3 cm star chip in my line of sight.
The chap behind has three separate chips, all in the driver's line of sight.
But worst of all, the 78-year-old chap in his lovingly polished Fiesta in front of me, who was only on his way to get milk and a paper, had his driver's door glass smashed into a thousand pieces. He stalled and sat in shock, with blood on his cheek. Took us other two 'victims' half an hour to calm him down, then I took his car back home for him while the other chap followed to take me back to mine.
He is fine, but shaken up. His son is on the way to help him sort his car.
Sadly, no-one had a camera and no-one got a reg, but there were kids in the RR, so I'm guessing it'll be on the same route again. Sadly we cannot prove a thing though.

Why the heck do these people not think!

Rant over; thanks for listening :headbang:
It’s not that they don’t think. I think mostly it’s pure arrogance and they don’t care. It takes you to the point where you would be almost willing to to carry out a crime yourself to revenge what happened. Hope you manage to get it all sorted out and the old guy in the Fiesta is OK.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:36 pm

If we get any further info I'll keep you posted :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:45 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:09 pm
buzyg wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm Oh I think you deserve a rant after that sort of Ahole wrecked your day. :thumbsdown:
Well it's cost me £75 plus a messed up Saturday at Autoglass in Norwich, but to be honest, I just mainly feel sorry for the old chap. He got a terrible fright and was white as a sheet. Hoping I hear from his son soon, asking me to confirm a photo, if he managed to find the dozy bint.
I so hope you do some how bring the idiot to justice. But far more important that no one was injured, physically at least.