Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW centre badges that work with Zito 935 wheels.

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi,

I fitted some Gloss Black Zito 935 wheels last week which are great but I'm having a bit of trouble getting some BMW wheel centre stickers to work with them. I can't use the proper 68mm wheel centre caps, even though I think the Zito ones are actually the same size. The issue is the wheel has a lip behind where the cap goes so the proper BMW ones don't fit.
65mm BMW wheel stickers do seem to fit perfectly size wise on the Zito wheel caps but the ones I got off Ebay were less convex in shape than the actual Zito wheel cap meaning they don't stick too well, except in the middle and protrude around the outer edge. As a result they don't look great and its only a matter of time before they peel off. I've seen others on Ebay that state they're curved or domed but I think they're talking about the front face of the sticker rather than the whole thing. Before I try one of these I know they're quite a few on here with Zito 935's and I'm wondering has anyone come up with a solution to this or any ideas what might work etc. I really dont want to use the standard "Zito" centre stickers that came with the wheels but leaving then off the wheels look a bit plain without something on the cap in the middle. It all else fails I've considered trying some 50mm wheel stickers I've seen on Ebay to see how well they work but ideally Id like to stick with the standard size 65mm stuff.

Thanks

Mark
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:04 pm

If its the same problem as I had on Veemann centres then buy a, set of eBay centres (£7/£8) & unfold the outer cap from the rear plastic that fits into wheel hub. Then sit into hub with a little clear silicone.
Obviously you wouldn't want to push hard on the centres once in but I never had any issues once fitted :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:04 pm If its the same problem as I had on Veemann centres then buy a, set of eBay centres (£7/£8) & unfold the outer cap from the rear plastic that fits into wheel hub. Then sit into hub with a little clear silicone.
Obviously you wouldn't want to push hard on the centres once in but I never had any issues once fitted :thumbsup:
Thanks I'll have another look at it and give that a go at the weekend, I've got a few old sets of centres here to play with.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:29 pm

MACK wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm
mr wilks wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:04 pm If its the same problem as I had on Veemann centres then buy a, set of eBay centres (£7/£8) & unfold the outer cap from the rear plastic that fits into wheel hub. Then sit into hub with a little clear silicone.
Thanks I'll have another look at it and give that a go at the weekend, I've got a few old sets of centres here to play with.
Hello I have the same wheels so interested how it goes..don't want anything too tacky!! :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:42 pm

I tried to put BMW centres in the Zitos but as you found they dont fit exactly and to get them all the way in broke the tabs off the centres.
I opted for domed stickers. So far they have lasted about 2 years and still look the same as when fitted.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi where did you get the dome badges from ?

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 pm

i managed to get the fake ebay £3.99 caps in my Zito 935's Mark, guess its luck of the draw how out of tolerance they are :lol:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Pbondar wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:56 pm Hi where did you get the dome badges from ?
I got them from Ebay but just had a look and dont see any in 68mm size.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:53 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 pm i managed to get the fake ebay £3.99 caps in my Zito 935's Mark, guess its luck of the draw how out of tolerance they are :lol:
I'm going to take another look at it this weekend I think (didn't get a chance last). to be honest the current ones are holding up fine, which considering they're only attached in the middle and not at the outer edges does surprise me. I keep getting told they look fine and you cant really tell they're not sitting perfectly flush with the wheel cap but my OCD on this is getting the better of me. Im going to try modding some old centres Ive got like Andy suggested and see if I can make them work, failing that its ordering some domed stickers off ebay and hoping they're a bit more concave than the current ones
Silver 05 3.0i SE

White E89 20i M Sport

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:23 pm

MACK wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:53 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 pm i managed to get the fake ebay £3.99 caps in my Zito 935's Mark, guess its luck of the draw how out of tolerance they are :lol:
I'm going to take another look at it this weekend I think (didn't get a chance last). to be honest the current ones are holding up fine, which considering they're only attached in the middle and not at the outer edges does surprise me. I keep getting told they look fine and you cant really tell they're not sitting perfectly flush with the wheel cap but my OCD on this is getting the better of me. Im going to try modding some old centres Ive got like Andy suggested and see if I can make them work, failing that its ordering some domed stickers off ebay and hoping they're a bit more concave than the current ones
maybe use a heat gun to make them more domed? Presuming they are resin not metal?
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:37 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:23 pm
MACK wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:53 pm
maybe use a heat gun to make them more domed? Presuming they are resin not metal?
Unfortunately the ones I went for are these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-65mm-Car ... 2749.l2649
says there 3D aluminum steel sticker so I think I'm knackered there!
Silver 05 3.0i SE

White E89 20i M Sport

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Well I finally got around to trying this in the last few days and I have to say its worked a treat so far. I didn't try it earlier because the metal stickers have lasted surprisingly well but I thought I'd give it a go now I've moved the wheels over to the E89.
I bought some replica caps off ebay for about a tenner and separated the metal outer portion from the inner plastic cap Using a tiny slither of silicone sealant I stuck the metal BMW badges to the Zito 935 wheels as Andy suggested. The 68mm centre cap badges fit the Zitos perfectly and having now survived a few trips, including some high speed motorway work they seem to be holding up well. They're definitely a better looking option that the metal stickers are close up, sitting just right and flush in the centre cap opening. I've only done one side so far as a test, but now I'm happy they seem securely fitted, I'll get the other side done.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion Andy (Mr Wilks) :D :thumbsup:
Silver 05 3.0i SE

White E89 20i M Sport