Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 cmwheels

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
EssexZed

E89 cmwheels

Post by EssexZed » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:59 am

Fireball wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:17 pm I would have thought this was a issue worth passing past the local authority Trading Standards team as well as the RAC if they have inspected it.
The dealer appears to have knowingly sold a vehicle that would not pass an MOT , i.e. not considered to be roadworthy. Worse than that they would appear to have intentionally circumvented the MOT system, by swapping wheels just to get a pass.
It’s not that long ago that a trader down here got fined for selling a car with a valid MOT that it could not have passed due to corrosion. Fined, reimbursement of customer and compensation if I remember correctly, all driven by the trading standards team.
Wheels this time what will it be next time ????
:thumbsup: +1 Speak to Trading Standards

ibasniper

E89 cmwheels

Post by ibasniper » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:31 am

weeman88 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm Hiya guys

So atm im in a dispute with the dealer I brought my car from as the rear wheels are cracked. And they have sold the car knowing this which goes against them.

So my options are.

1st option

Demand two new genuine 326 alloys. Which is going to cost them quite a bit.

2nd option
See if they will just buy a set of reps from cmwheels for me as a whole set will be cheaper than one 326 alloy.

What et should I be looking at for the e89.

Cheers guys
Threaten bad press etc the power of the forums and social media could have a bad knock on effect for them. I'm sure members on here people would post comments on them, especially for something of this nature. What they done is pure negligence and very dangerous. I would get a statement from the M.O.T station for evidence.
Cheers Gary

2004 Z4 E85 3.0i se Sapphire Black, with all the extra's
Snapper blue 440i coupe

weeman88

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:39 am

Cheers guys.

Car got picked up with them today and has been sent back to mot garage who have said straight away wheel is cracked and would never of passed its mot.

The mot place is trying to get hold of the cctv footage of the car arriving on different wheels.

Depending on how fair the garage is we will be taking this further with trading standards etc.

Unless they can prove the wheels was repaired before been put back on the car they dont really have a leg to stand on.

And also if this was the case they would of had to point the fault out to me but nothing was said and no paper work saying about wheels was included with the car.

Let's hope they sort this or they can have the car back and I'll go else where. :driving:

weeman88

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Hiya guys.

So garage is saying there struggling to find a good non cracked set of 326m alloys which looking around I have found a few sets but all over 1k and dont think there prepared to spend this or going to bmw for new wheels.

So I'm thinking of asking them for a set of these 763m wheels from cmwheels
https://cmwheels.com/product/19-763m-m4 ... er-silver/

Which specification would fit the best straight onto the car? Also for the time been would the tyres from my old 326 wheels fit these ok? No ideal but can't see them paying for all new tyres either.

This is going to be my last offer to them or will be rejecting the car. As they have now had it for 2 weeks and there not the best gagrage for customer service.

Cheers

Boltz

E89 cmwheels

Post by Boltz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Op, I have 2 x front 326 alloys and 1x rear which are original and never been refurbed so not hiding any dodgy repairs, Were taken off my 2013 car as one of the rears is cracked. They have some light kerbing but are in good condition, I am about to put them eBay. There is currently a thread running about one of my 326 alloys biting the dust
VW Golf GTI Edition 35

Previous E89 18i manual Msport LCI, remapped, 282 bhp 453nm torque, Supersprint exhaust, decatted, stubby, BMW Performance Big Brake Kit, Msport rear valance and diffuser, Inovit 19inch Vector alloys, Msport black grilles.

maxman

E89 cmwheels

Post by maxman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm

weeman88 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:59 pm Hiya guys.

So garage is saying there struggling to find a good non cracked set of 326m alloys which looking around I have found a few sets but all over 1k and dont think there prepared to spend this or going to bmw for new wheels.

Which specification would fit the best straight onto the car? Also for the time been would the tyres from my old 326 wheels fit these ok? No ideal but can't see them paying for all new tyres either.

This is going to be my last offer to them or will be rejecting the car. As they have now had it for 2 weeks and there not the best gagrage for customer service.

Cheers
I would be pushing for new wheels,the cost is not your problem after all they tried to shaft you.They should be crapping themselves .Dont accept used ones.

weeman88

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:31 pm

maxman wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm
weeman88 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:59 pm Hiya guys.

Cheers
I would be pushing for new wheels,the cost is not your problem after all they tried to shaft you.They should be crapping themselves .Dont accept used ones.
Would be nice but cant see them doing it sadly.

Finance company have said they dont have to be new but in the same condition my current wheels are without the cracks etc.

Why I'm looking at the cm wheels just to get it sorted