Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Engine "lumpy" when turning off?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:23 am

road warrior wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 am
Smartbear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 am
road warrior wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:33 pm I see, so.. Your saying the world isn't flat and if you hold the clutch when you turn off it's better.. Any ideas why that might make a differance ?
It’s due to wear in the dmf, it clatters as the engine winds down on shut down (TADTS) :thumbsup:
Rob
thank you oh wise one, so.. does this have any effect on wear or improve matters aside from you dont hear the noise ?
It’s like putting your fingers in your ears, it just makes the world seem like a nicer place :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:40 am

Smartbear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:23 am
road warrior wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 am
Smartbear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 am

It’s due to wear in the dmf, it clatters as the engine winds down on shut down (TADTS) :thumbsup:
Rob
thank you oh wise one, so.. does this have any effect on wear or improve matters aside from you dont hear the noise ?
It’s like putting your fingers in your ears, it just makes the world seem like a nicer place :P
Rob
its my age i get confused, i thought that was what the radio was for.. :rofl: and of course when the wife wants to talk to me..
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.