E89 cmwheels

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
weeman88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Hiya guys

So atm im in a dispute with the dealer I brought my car from as the rear wheels are cracked. And they have sold the car knowing this which goes against them.

So my options are.

1st option

Demand two new genuine 326 alloys. Which is going to cost them quite a bit.

2nd option
See if they will just buy a set of reps from cmwheels for me as a whole set will be cheaper than one 326 alloy.

What et should I be looking at for the e89.

Cheers guys
Attachments
20190811_134416.jpg
20190811_134416.jpg (147.91 KiB) Viewed 197 times

greg81
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1817
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by greg81 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:04 pm

That crack looks pretty fresh. How long have you had the car?

User avatar
Beeacon
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

E89 cmwheels

Post by Beeacon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Most of these you can get from CM Wheels:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=114726
Current: 2009 BMW Z4 35i sDrive DCT
Past: 1997 BMW Z3 2.8 wide boy

weeman88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Less than 2 weeks.

Dealer put car for mot on the 23rd of July and failed on cracked wheel and welded wheels.

Car went for new mot on the 29th and passed. Spoke to garage who did the mot and said when the car come back to them it had different rear wheels on.

Picked the car up and had old wheels back on. Nothing in the paper work to say they had wheels repaired. So in my opinion they have just chucked old wheels back on and let me drive off with a known issue with the car.

weeman88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Beeacon wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:13 pm
Most of these you can get from CM Wheels:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=114726
Cheers buddy

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6697
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 am
Location: High Peak,Derbyshire.

E89 cmwheels

Post by Z4M-2006 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm

weeman88 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm
Less than 2 weeks.

Dealer put car for mot on the 23rd of July and failed on cracked wheel and welded wheels.

Car went for new mot on the 29th and passed. Spoke to garage who did the mot and said when the car come back to them it had different rear wheels on.

Picked the car up and had old wheels back on. Nothing in the paper work to say they had wheels repaired. So in my opinion they have just chucked old wheels back on and let me drive off with a known issue with the car.

Very very naughty

Who is the dealer?

weeman88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm
weeman88 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm
Less than 2 weeks.

Dealer put car for mot on the 23rd of July and failed on cracked wheel and welded wheels.

Car went for new mot on the 29th and passed. Spoke to garage who did the mot and said when the car come back to them it had different rear wheels on.

Picked the car up and had old wheels back on. Nothing in the paper work to say they had wheels repaired. So in my opinion they have just chucked old wheels back on and let me drive off with a known issue with the car.

Very very naughty

Who is the dealer?
The car arena in Nottingham.

Very naughty indeed.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6697
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 am
Location: High Peak,Derbyshire.

E89 cmwheels

Post by Z4M-2006 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm

weeman88 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 pm
Z4M-2006 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm
weeman88 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm
Less than 2 weeks.

Dealer put car for mot on the 23rd of July and failed on cracked wheel and welded wheels.

Car went for new mot on the 29th and passed. Spoke to garage who did the mot and said when the car come back to them it had different rear wheels on.

Picked the car up and had old wheels back on. Nothing in the paper work to say they had wheels repaired. So in my opinion they have just chucked old wheels back on and let me drive off with a known issue with the car.

Very very naughty

Who is the dealer?
The car arena in Nottingham.

Very naughty indeed.


W@nkers,what have they said about it ?

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6149
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Bastards, utter bastards....buying 2nd hand is great but dealers, car forecourts, anyone selling be it trade or not will try this s**t on....I’d much rather buy from a private enthusiast who has clearly looked after the thing, this ‘Peace of mind’ bollocks is just that....bollocks... :x
Too many toys... :roll:

M roady
E89 35is
MR2 mk 2

weeman88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm
weeman88 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 pm
Z4M-2006 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm



Very very naughty

Who is the dealer?
The car arena in Nottingham.

Very naughty indeed.


W@nkers,what have they said about it ?
Nothing yet. They wanted me drive the car back 40 miles to them and said no chance. So they had the car collected today on a trailer as at first they wanted them to come collect and drive it back and I said no chance.

So waiting game now but I wont be happy until wheel/ wheels are replaced

weeman88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by weeman88 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm
Bastards, utter bastards....buying 2nd hand is great but dealers, car forecourts, anyone selling be it trade or not will try this s**t on....I’d much rather buy from a private enthusiast who has clearly looked after the thing, this ‘Peace of mind’ bollocks is just that....bollocks... :x

Fully agreed buddy. I normally always just go private but as had this on fiance thought I'd go to a good dealer they got some top end cars in there and are supposedly RAC approved etc. So makes you wonder don't it.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6149
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:46 pm

weeman88 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 pm
john-e89 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm
Bastards, utter bastards....buying 2nd hand is great but dealers, car forecourts, anyone selling be it trade or not will try this s**t on....I’d much rather buy from a private enthusiast who has clearly looked after the thing, this ‘Peace of mind’ bollocks is just that....bollocks... :x

Fully agreed buddy. I normally always just go private but as had this on fiance thought I'd go to a good dealer they got some top end cars in there and are supposedly RAC approved etc. So makes you wonder don't it.
Well I hope you get something back fella, be that money or new wheels. If they’re RAC approved I’d be inclined to post them, maybe they’ll put the wind up these shitehawks.
Too many toys... :roll:

M roady
E89 35is
MR2 mk 2

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10130
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

E89 cmwheels

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 pm

So much for the reassurance of a "warranty" when buying from a dealer - I'd much rather buy privately so you can get a feel for how the car has been treated!

I hope you get a good outcome. :thumbsup:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey, Cirrus trim & 295s. Cruise, Storage and pdc. E90 330i as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4094
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:38 pm

E89 cmwheels

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 pm

greg81 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:04 pm
That crack looks pretty fresh. How long have you had the car?
you can the weld has cracked on a previous repair which has been covered up.
Image

2008 carbon Black z4 2.5i sport

2007 phoenix yellow E92 325d

Fireball
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:29 am
Location: South Dorset

E89 cmwheels

Post by Fireball » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:17 pm

I would have thought this was a issue worth passing past the local authority Trading Standards team as well as the RAC if they have inspected it.
The dealer appears to have knowingly sold a vehicle that would not pass an MOT , i.e. not considered to be roadworthy. Worse than that they would appear to have intentionally circumvented the MOT system, by swapping wheels just to get a pass.
It’s not that long ago that a trader down here got fined for selling a car with a valid MOT that it could not have passed due to corrosion. Fined, reimbursement of customer and compensation if I remember correctly, all driven by the trading standards team.
Wheels this time what will it be next time ????

Post Reply