Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Looking for a specific car

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Darlodoug

Looking for a specific car

Post by Darlodoug » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Good evening to you all. I'm new to the forum and joined because I'm looking for a Z4, 2014 onwards. I want one in deep sea blue with Canberra Beige Kansas leather. I'd like a 28i, automatic with low mileage and a high specification. I guess many people are looking for a similar car but if you don't ask you don't get!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

That sounds like a great colour combination, but it might be hard to find on a 28i Automatic.

Just a thought, but it might be worth considering a 20i as well - you can get them re-mapped to similar power.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Darlodoug

Post by Darlodoug » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. The car is for my wife - we're both in our 60's so maybe the 2.0i would be enough for us! I did however think there was a big price difference (a couple of thousand) between the 2.0i and 20i 28i when new so thought you must get more for your money than just more BHP? I actually missed out on a 28i as described at Dick Lovell's in Bristol - I was on the phone about it last week and the sales guy went to check on whether they'd reduce it by a few hundred - he came back to the phone and said it had been sold! I'm not in any hurry so will for the time being look out for the car I've described. I'll maybe lower my expectations in a few months if nothing has come up. Cheers and thanks again for the advice.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Darlodoug wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm Thanks for the reply. The car is for my wife - we're both in our 60's so maybe the 2.0i would be enough for us! I did however think there was a big price difference (a couple of thousand) between the 2.0i and 20i 28i when new so thought you must get more for your money than just more BHP? I actually missed out on a 28i as described at Dick Lovell's in Bristol - I was on the phone about it last week and the sales guy went to check on whether they'd reduce it by a few hundred - he came back to the phone and said it had been sold! I'm not in any hurry so will for the time being look out for the car I've described. I'll maybe lower my expectations in a few months if nothing has come up. Cheers and thanks again for the advice.
Hi, both the 20i & 28i use the same 2.0 engine, it’s just software changes that alter the power output. The 18i is the same as well but that car usually comes with a lower specced interior :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold