Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

14 Z4s owned / my top 3 would be . . . . .

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:39 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:38 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:29 am Well ive driven a few ZMC but never bought one :oops: does that help your wondering :wink:
I suppose it means you didn't like them enough to want to buy one! :lol:
On the contrary Mr T , as a committed coupe lover & massive S54 fan i'm sure i would have enjoyed owning a ZMC :driving: however the major hurdle for me with them was at the time they were on my potential next car list (2yrs/ 3yrs ago) they had hit a market value i simply couldn't get my head around :cry: to my mind they should never be any more than 10-15% over a "like for like" ZMR & at one point had reached 30-40% , quite simply fools gold as we are now seeing :wink: a levelling up across the values is well underway whether MC owners like it or not & even more bizarrely the last few months we have seen a glut of Si E86 selling less than similar Si E85 :o there is quite literally a turkey shoot right now for those hunting a coupe .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

paulc_bkk

Post by paulc_bkk » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Very interesting to read the range of experiences - thank you for sharing

I’ve only driven 2 z4s - my own and one belonging to my brother. The experience of driving both only reinforced the fact that my obsession with my car is justified, but that I was fooling myself to think I could live without manual transmission - mine is an auto, and I’m in the process of collecting all the parts for a conversion