Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help? Pure installation query

Sidewaze Samm

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Fri May 31, 2019 2:37 pm

I have an E85 with standard Business CD and MFSW, but do not have Bluetooth, CD changer or satnav.

I'm about to get DAB, together with USB connectivity, courtesy of a Pure Drive Digital unit - which also seems to be known as a Pure Highway 300Di.

I now realise it is intended for professional installation, and the installation manual (which I've had to download as it didn't come with the unit) is a bit lightweight to reflect this.

This doesn't particularly phase me, though I do have a couple of points I'm not sure on. I'll be connecting to the head unit via aux-in (a cable I've bought and fitted last week), and I've got the harness connections that came with the unit and also a generic SOT-076 T-harness to connect to the car's harness without having to identify and cut into wires :)

The manual does state that there may be some wires that are unused due to the car's configuration etc etc, so I'm thinking this may be the answer to my uncertainty. But just to check, on the below page from the manual I've highlighted the wires I'm querying:
IMG_20190531_135625_edit.jpg
IMG_20190531_135625_edit.jpg (136.04 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
1 - The purple, grey and pink wires that run from the Pure unit are just wires without any connectors. As I don't have nav or phone, I presume the grey is ignored, but what of the others?

2 - The yellow car mute wire is intended to connect to one of the other mute wires. But does it need to? I can't think of any reason for mute being a required function (as no nav or phone connected). Unhelpfully, these three are labelled "see car radio user guide".

So before I strip the dash out and connect up for a 'dry run' does anyone have any advice?

cheers
Last edited by Sidewaze Samm on Fri May 31, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

Sidewaze Samm

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Fri May 31, 2019 2:51 pm

Sorry Mods, just realised I put this under the How To section :oops:

Can you move it for me.

PS - Maybe the Problems forum should have similar sub-sections as this one?
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.