Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Springs and shock absorbers

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Panta Rhei

Post by Panta Rhei » Tue May 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Car: 3.0si roadster WITHOUT M Sports Suspension Keep in mind I have 224 wheels on my zed and rear offset is so aggressive I probably cannot lower my ride 30 mm, am I right on this?
Rear spring on passenger side is damaged, need to replace both and wanted to buy OEM Sachs, could not find any. Same with Bilstein.
What other options do I have to not lower my car? Eibach has got -30 springs, but I cannot use them because of 224 wheels and some say you cannot use standard oem shock absorbers with eibach pro kit as it is going to blew up my acceleration and braking.
Also, front driver's side shock absorber has a leak, also need to replace both. Bilstein over Sachs?
Or maybe just purchase Bilstein B12 and hope not to rub :thumbsdown:
Eibach pro kit + Bilstein B4?

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed May 15, 2019 11:10 am

You can use the eibachs with 224 wheels without rubbing and you can pair them with bilstein b4 shocks. Been there done it.
Bilstein for me over sachs
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Wed May 15, 2019 11:56 am

I think the fronts might be close to the inner arch liner (the outside part where all Z4's seem to have holes) :cry:

The rears will be fine though, unless you intend on going off road?
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Panta Rhei

Post by Panta Rhei » Wed May 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Thanks MACK, that would do, but still Eibach B12 Pro kit is far superior? Night day difference between B4s and B12s? you've got any gallery bruh?
@ ben g, no offroad for now :driving: