Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

got a strange one

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
road warrior

got a strange one

Post by road warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:42 pm

my car failed its mot on a front drivers side light = the bmw angel eyes has stopped working, which is a pain to say the least, the dash bulb out goes on and off. but, couple of days ago i noticed my sport button wasnt doing anything, it lit up, but had no effect, but put it aside for another day to look at. but thinking back it was about the same time ( a couple of days ago ) when the bulb out light came on ( and went away again a few mins later.

so, any connection ? is there a fuse for the side lights and or sport button ?
the possibility that someone has taken a feed or even an earth thats common inst impossible i suppose.. so gents - fuses ??? my worst scenario is 2 new headlights - your thoughts please ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

got a strange one

Post by Smartbear » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Can’t you just replace the bulb? Why would you need to replace both headlights? :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

road warrior

got a strange one

Post by road warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:09 pm

It's the angel eyes that's gone :D the bulb part was cut in the installers infinatate wisdom :headbang:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

got a strange one

Post by road warrior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:33 am

Well we'll, it seems someone on here found when he had new headlights his sport button stopped working, so I'm not nuts at all. :cry:
WHY?? it sounds like something from an electricians wet dream.. What next, the roof stops working if you blow the tyres up?
Have I discovered the real reason Germany lost the war ? IE, all BMW engines stop working if you turn left on Tuesdays if there is an R in the month?
Madness. :P

Jl-c

got a strange one

Post by Jl-c » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am

Sheesh, didn’t you know that? Does no-one read the manual? :rofl:
Seriously, I cannot imagine a link at all between sport button and bulb fail............unless............ BMW decided that if you have lights out you should not be allowed to drive fast! There see, I’ve found it for you!
Ex E86 Z4 3.0si coupé facelift blue now Z'less
Porsche 997 C2S black-gone-, Mazda Eunos 1.8 yellow-gone-, Audi S4 Avant v6 Quattro 3.0 supercharged red-gone. Abarth 500 red. Abarth 124 Spider GT black. Porsche Cayenne red.

road warrior

got a strange one

Post by road warrior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Jl-c wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am Sheesh, didn’t you know that? Does no-one read the manual? :rofl:
Seriously, I cannot imagine a link at all between sport button and bulb fail............unless............ BMW decided that if you have lights out you should not be allowed to drive fast! There see, I’ve found it for you!
your not kiddin - you cant make this stuff up can ya..

R60BBA

got a strange one

Post by R60BBA » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Sounds like you have some electrical gremlins.

Get an INPA and check the codes before you spend money that you don’t need to.
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI