Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Zealand Z4 Owner

First port of call for new members
scarlet-jester

New Zealand Z4 Owner

Post by scarlet-jester » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 am

enzed4 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:40 pm My son was there at the same time (he's more into the JDM scene). I don't know that I've ever been to Ruapuna, but I suspect he may drag me along some day, some of the track days sound interesting.
Its a good track - longer than Pukehoe now. I have not looked into track days yet - wee way off for me yet. I would need to change insurers too probably as I am with Tower and I doubt they would cover me for track days. That and two sets of new tyres (new standards and some track tyres) make it look more like a summer 2020 thing realistically .....
E85 - 2006 3.0Si

Haggisman

New Zealand Z4 Owner

Post by Haggisman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:24 am

scarlet-jester wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 am
Haggisman wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 am A 2009 Z4 MC just came on trade me, I would be happy with a M roadster, seem to be a bit cheaper? I ran spacers on my race M3 because of the amount of neg camber on front, did a stud conversion bought from Turner Motorsport to make life a bit easier as well.
My track day was awesome, sticky tyres would have made a huge difference in the confidence stakes, was expecting the road tyres to go off after a few laps but surprisingly they behaved, brakes with decent pads and Motul high temp fluid were great as well.

I saw some forged BBS wheels that I fancied on trademe, seller was in CHristchurch plus they were quite expensive and hard to know what condition they were in even with reasonable photo’s.
Are you in Christchurch?
Yes, I am in CHCH - happy to look at stuff for you if you need it. Drop me a PM if you need help with anything. Wow, $50k for the Z4M, will be interesting to see if it shifts at that price. I see it has had the dash carbon wrapped too

I have a good mechanic who does all of our cars (apart from the Z4) and he sorts warrants and such like. I will go and have a chat with him around my new wheels - get some advice and see what the costs look like before taking the plunge.
May well take you up on your offer, appreciate it. Good luck with your chat, a good mechanic who takes an interest is worth their weight in gold.
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2020 Kia Sportage GT - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning

BTZ461

New Zealand Z4 Owner

Post by BTZ461 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 am

Fellow EnZeder (forgive the pun) in Christchurch with Z4 Coupe 6M/T. Currently refurbing the interior and giving her a general spruce up. New set of Apex wheels on the way too......and I'm the guy with the BBS RG-R's and the AC Schnitzer wheels for sale, think you may have emailed me a week or so ago. Give me a call if you want to discuss
03 383 7473, thanks for reading Bill Clouston

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

New Zealand Z4 Owner

Post by enzed4 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:20 am

BTZ461 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 am Fellow EnZeder (forgive the pun) in Christchurch with Z4 Coupe 6M/T. Currently refurbing the interior and giving her a general spruce up. New set of Apex wheels on the way too......and I'm the guy with the BBS RG-R's and the AC Schnitzer wheels for sale, think you may have emailed me a week or so ago. Give me a call if you want to discuss
03 383 7473, thanks for reading Bill Clouston
Hope you can get it on the road by summer (or anytime actually...). Love to catch up for a look when it's ready :thumbsup:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

BTZ461

New Zealand Z4 Owner

Post by BTZ461 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:49 am

Apologies to haggisman for hijacking his post a little. Yes its going to take some time, we think we will carbon fibre the centre console and the ali bits on the dash, headlite switch and door handles while the seats are out. The paintwork across the front and bonnet will be redone, the colour is midnight blue, and is wearing a few stone chips. This week new brake rotors went on with new pads and front control arm bushes as well. its a bit of a military exercise co-ordinating the paintshop, workshop and upholsterer! So hopefully by Sept, just as the days are getting longer we will hit the road.