Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

idrive and Bmw online problems

trucker99

Post by trucker99 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Morning I need to know if anyone has had this same message as me (see picture). Went to my my local dealer which is soper. Tech guys there were really helpful but couldn’t sort it so put me on to BMW uk which said they would rise a ticket. Four months later and phoning ever week and keep being told a tickets has been raised and will get to it. The car came out of warranty end of December so can’t phone them now. Am banging my head on a brick wall no one at BMW is helping
0E143CD5-2FBF-4F56-8040-B18D39A47733.jpeg
0E143CD5-2FBF-4F56-8040-B18D39A47733.jpeg (271.89 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
2.8 M Sport, mineral white and ever extra toy fitted + stubby
2.0 M Sport, Alpine White gone but not forgotten

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Well tried every which way to download the USB maps for iDrive for last 3 months and zippo..raised three tickets! :headbang:

trucker99

Post by trucker99 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 pm

Pbonder I kept getting a code when trying to do a map up load for the 2019/1 version rised a ticket for that. Got in touch with soper went up today with a usb stick and they’re going to post it back to me with it on. Losing the will to live with BMW I.T. Love the car but when payed for something you want it to work. Thinking of getting rid of it now

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 pm

trucker99 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 pm Pbonder I kept getting a code when trying to do a map up load for the 2019/1 version rised a ticket for that. Got in touch with soper went up today with a usb stick and they’re going to post it back to me with it on. Losing the will to live with BMW I.T. Love the car but when payed for something you want it to work. Thinking of getting rid of it now
Thanks for that, my map is only a year old but it’s very frustrating...not close to a BMW dealer so will sit it out/wait till I want to pester customer relations....can’t quite believe that BMW has such an IT blind spot...

Maybach_man

Post by Maybach_man » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 pm

trucker99 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 pm Morning I need to know if anyone has had this same message as me (see picture). Went to my my local dealer which is soper. Tech guys there were really helpful but couldn’t sort it so put me on to BMW uk which said they would rise a ticket. Four months later and phoning ever week and keep being told a tickets has been raised and will get to it. The car came out of warranty end of December so can’t phone them now. Am banging my head on a brick wall no one at BMW is helping 0E143CD5-2FBF-4F56-8040-B18D39A47733.jpeg
Personally..if you told them about the fault before the warranty ended and the fault remains..it should be fixed under warranty. I would be standing in front of the service managers desk...

trucker99

Post by trucker99 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 pm

I’ve done all that and was told nothing can be done by the dealer and best to go to Bmw uk as it is a software problem in Germany. If a software problem then why is no body else having it so it’s the car I told them. I still had to go Bmw uk. This all happened in October so ye the warranty should cover it I hope

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:55 am

Well, very weird, not sure if its co-incidental.

Installed a new PC in my office last week, just curious about the download issue, and heh presto, it is now working..weird..

Currently 77mb of 18.45 GB downloaded..

And just got an email from BMW with an activation code for the download..

Barneybee

Post by Barneybee » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:49 pm

I have been trying for months too to get the maps downloaded, raised tickets etc they don't reply anymore.
Got so frustrated tha whent I took it to the dealer to fix another problem I told them to load the latest maps. Took them 2 weeks to do it even with a "Master" technician on the job.

Very poor IT responses from BMW.

Glad you seem to have got it sorted now.

Just thought I would try the downloader again and can confirm that it is now working. Took them long enough to fix it.
Never drive faster than your angels can fly

2016 E89 SDrive 2.0i MSport Auto Valencia Orange

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Well after nearly 24 hours downloaded a 23 gigabyte zip file!

Unzipped seems all there, will try it out on the car later this week..

trucker99

Post by trucker99 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Glad you got it sorted am still not getting anywhere with the online app in connected drive. Same answer a tickets has been raised we will inform you when it fixed 🤬

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:10 pm

trucker99 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 pm Glad you got it sorted am still not getting anywhere with the online app in connected drive. Same answer a tickets has been raised we will inform you when it fixed 🤬
Well its even more weird, just tried it with my original PC that was struggling Windows 10 i7 16gb and now that works too!

Z4monster

Post by Z4monster » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:18 pm

I've just tried again myself and it's working so far. 2019-1 downloading as I type.

Hasn't worked for months so they must have finally done something to resolve it.