Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

kidney grill

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:15 pm

i have an overwhelming desire to paint my kidney grill black.. how does it come off ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Phoenixboy

kidney grill

Post by Phoenixboy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:18 pm

lift at the top and pull out from the bottom.
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:18 pm lift at the top and pull out from the bottom.
you mean it drops out the bottom ? or do you mean lift and pull forwards ? no screws ??
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Phoenixboy

kidney grill

Post by Phoenixboy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm

so you put hands in at the top half and lift slightly then pull out at the bottom and the top will come out at the same time.
no screws
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm so you put hands in at the top half and lift slightly then pull out at the bottom and the top will come out at the same time.
no screws
top jolly !

road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm

did i read some where that a black grill defines it as a 2.0 ltr - i mean i dont care - im happy to confuse and confound :D

mjennings23

kidney grill

Post by mjennings23 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm

road warrior wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm did i read some where that a black grill defines it as a 2.0 ltr - i mean i dont care - im happy to confuse and confound :D
The 3.0 came with silver inners. Everything else had black I believe. The silver was meant to show off the 3.0 from the rest I imagine, but then the M came along and had black so who knows.

I've put black on my 3.0, purely because they look better with the black paint. I've also taken the badges off the sides, frankly I don't care if anyone thinks it's a smaller engine etc.

road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 pm

ahh i see..
well im have just removed the grilles and removed the chrome outsides and sprayed the inner black.. so.. hopefully it will look the dogs danglies :D

road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm

mjennings23 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm
road warrior wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm did i read some where that a black grill defines it as a 2.0 ltr - i mean i dont care - im happy to confuse and confound :D
The 3.0 came with silver inners. Everything else had black I believe. The silver was meant to show off the 3.0 from the rest I imagine, but then the M came along and had black so who knows.

I've put black on my 3.0, purely because they look better with the black paint. I've also taken the badges off the sides, frankly I don't care if anyone thinks it's a smaller engine etc.
very adult of you . having thought about it .. i want people to KNOW i have a mighty 3.0 :D

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

kidney grill

Post by Smartbear » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm

road warrior wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm
mjennings23 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm

very adult of you . having thought about it .. i want people to KNOW i have a mighty 3.0 :D
Mine was debadged from new, I don’t mind folk knowing it’s a modest 2litre though :driving:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Smartbear wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm
mjennings23 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm The 3.0 came with silver inners. Everything else had black I believe. The silver was meant to show off the 3.0 from the rest I imagine, but then the M came along and had black so who knows.

Mine was debadged from new, I don’t mind folk knowing it’s a modest 2litre though :driving:
Rob
one day Rob, i intend to grow up, maybe .. :D

BeeEmm

kidney grill

Post by BeeEmm » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm

road warrior wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 pm one day Rob, i intend to grow up, maybe ..
When you are 71 you will reach the mental age of 12, or so my wife tells me. You will love cars that are modern, fast and crackle and pop on every gear change. You will corner at speed on the edge of adhesion and feel completely in control. You will also look forward to the next 32 years.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

kidney grill

Post by Smartbear » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm

road warrior wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 pm
Smartbear wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 pm
Rob
one day Rob, i intend to grow up, maybe .. :D
I’d never go that far :)
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

road warrior

kidney grill

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:59 pm

hahaha good lad :)

mjennings23

kidney grill

Post by mjennings23 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Oh I wouldn't say I'm mature, people still know its a 6 pot from the lovely rumble and snap crackle and pop on the overrun thanks to the modded back box, and the induction roar in the cabin of course!

And the occasional sideways departure from a side road.... accidentally of course! :rofl: