Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spotted - 20th November 2017 onwards

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Felix79

Post by Felix79 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:43 pm

samZ4M wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm That was me, we talked on PH!

Had to abandon as needed 2 other cars on the drive :(

It's also a '56 plate :wink:
Oh awesome sauce, I was out by you earlier this morning. I had the check engine light come on when I started the Zed up this morning. When I got to the Merc dealership, I turned the car off / on and the light was off, so to be safe when to the dealers and thankfully no faults showed up logged in the ECU and tbh it had no issues starting with the engine hot, like it did before.

I think we spoke about meeting up and going out for a blast together? Due to there being abuse by new forums members, I was unable to post or PM, as my account is too new. I'll PM you on here with my contact details, so we can organise to do something. I would like someone who knows the cars to give me their opinion on my Zed.

samZ4M

Post by samZ4M » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Merc dealership?! You should buy yourself a code reader, only £20 or so https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C110-Scanner ... 3212283754

Defo, let me know and we can arrange. Not the best weather, but should get a go before it's too cold!

Papa_Zee

Post by Papa_Zee » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Felix79 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:13 pm I was going through Woodstock to pick up my MR this afternoon and noticed another black MR parked on someone's driveway. It had CSL wheels on and was on an '06 plate.

My kingdom for CSLs! :(
E89 35is

samZ4M

Post by samZ4M » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Papa_Zee wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm
Felix79 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:13 pm I was going through Woodstock to pick up my MR this afternoon and noticed another black MR parked on someone's driveway. It had CSL wheels on and was on an '06 plate.

They ain't real!

Papa_Zee

Post by Papa_Zee » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm

What...? Dont ruin it for me lol

Anyway genuine ones are over a grand. Might as well get replicas. Also ive seen lots of rather tasty 19s that are not BMW issued!

Might just go for those...
E89 35is

Felix79

Post by Felix79 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 pm

samZ4M wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:01 pm Merc dealership?! You should buy yourself a code reader, only £20 or so https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C110-Scanner ... 3212283754

Defo, let me know and we can arrange. Not the best weather, but should get a go before it's too cold!
Due to my old man being told to sell his E46 M3, he got a '15 C-Class with the really rough sounding 2lt engine. When my check engine light came on in the Zed, the Merc decided to do the same, so once we got my Zed sorted out with it's warranty this week, dad had to do the same thing with his Merc. Originally, mum refused to give up her JCW Mini (even though she never drove it herself) as it use to be the "family" car they used most of the time. It turns out that dads C-Class is actually way more economical than both my folks thought possible, with it returning a way better MPG than the JCW Mini did. Which is kinda how I ended up being able to use it as an P/X for my own car!

Because I only got the Zed back yesterday with it's new Cam position sensor, this morning was the first time I fire the car up after getting home. When I was waiting for him to hand his keys over, I turned the Zed off and when I restarted the car, the light was off. As we were so close to the dealer I got my Zed from, we dropped by just to make sure it was just a glitch due to a new part being installed.

I recently had someone line, tell me about a device that plugs into the OBD2 port and then syncs with an app on my phone, that allows me to have realtime information and gives me the ability to read fault codes. I was thinking this would be a really good solution for me to use, rather than just getting a normal fault reader. While I am covered by the warranty with the dealer, I'm making sure that there is nothing that can be used by the dealer to avoid having to sort any problems out. The guy seems pretty genuine and honest, but both dad and I have been burned pretty badly by people in the motor trade in years gone past, so we're being very cautious with doing anything until the warranty period has expired.

Yeah, it's not really the best standing around, looking and chatting about cars weather/time of year. I've been gutted that there are no "local" car meets/shows for me to go to this month! I've been on a car meet site called https://carhuddle.com/ trying to find something I could go to, just so I could do a long journey and show off my new pride and joy!
Papa_Zee wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm

My dad had a NOS set on his E46 M3. They are utterly stunning wheels and look just perfect on the Z4, but I just want to try something a bit different. When I mentioned on her I wanted to possibly put some classic style, multi-spoke Alpina wheels on my M, I got rather an unimpressed response from people. If I can't find some nice wheels to use next year, I can see myself going the CSL route. I would however prefer to stay with 18"s, as I think 19"s would alter the ride and feel in a negative way for me. Also I am still a bit undecided about how 19"s look with a Z4MR.

aarsavage

Post by aarsavage » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Had the treat of seeing 2 M’s in two days, same road.

Silver roadster A46 from Stratford,Wed morning.
Black coupe A46 joining longbridge, Thurs evening.

coupedan

Post by coupedan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Was behind a silver roadster tonight, I flashed you as you turned into Field common - you was on a private plate (can't remember what though)

Felix79

Post by Felix79 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm

coupedan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 pm Was behind a silver roadster tonight, I flashed you as you turned into Field common - you was on a private plate (can't remember what though)
Kinda offtopic for a sec. Dan what is the name of the colour of your Coupe (the one in your sig)pls dude? It looks totally to die for, it's almost like the E39 M5 launch colour to my eyes?

coupedan

Post by coupedan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Felix79 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm
coupedan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 pm Was behind a silver roadster tonight, I flashed you as you turned into Field common - you was on a private plate (can't remember what though)
Kinda offtopic for a sec. Dan what is the name of the colour of your Coupe (the one in your sig)pls dude? It looks totally to die for, it's almost like the E39 M5 launch colour to my eyes?
It's Montego blue, the pic looks darker as it was taken with quite a bit of artificial light (dark car park with a couple of flash lights set up creating reflection)

It was just freshly polished and waxed using products which could potentially give the illusion of being darker too (poor boys black hole and Dodo Juice blue velvet)

Felix79

Post by Felix79 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:02 am

coupedan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 pm
Felix79 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm
It's Montego blue, the pic looks darker as it was taken with quite a bit of artificial light (dark car park with a couple of flash lights set up creating reflection)

It was just freshly polished and waxed using products which could potentially give the illusion of being darker too (poor boys black hole and Dodo Juice blue velvet)
I was really trying hard to get a Z4M in this type of blue, as I think it really makes the shape of the Z4 look even better. Sadly, the closest dealer to me in Oxford with one for sale was 50+ miles away and I ended up having to chase them a couple of times, as we (my folks and I) were using a factory JCW Mini as P/X. We got sick of leaving our detail after showing serious interest, yet the dealership didn't want to put the effort in making a sale, so I ended up getting my Carbon Black "M-Roadster" from a local dealer who was 17 miles from me.

I am still utterly smitten with the deep blue colours, like Alpina use and the launch colour for the E39 M5. If I could find a wrap place, I would like it to be as your sig has made your body colour.

I've recently been watching these product demonstrations for ceramic coating, which all seem to give a darker depth of colour to most cars. I am very lucky that my dad use to own his own valet/detailing business for 20 years, so he's been able to get my previous cars looking stunning for be car shows.

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 am

Felix79 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 pm I wanted to possibly put some classic style, multi-spoke Alpina wheels on my M, I got rather an unimpressed response from people. If I can't find some nice wheels to use next year, I can see myself going the CSL route. I would however prefer to stay with 18"s, as I think 19"s would alter the ride and feel in a negative way for me. Also I am still a bit undecided about how 19"s look with a Z4MR.
If you want 18" multispoke wheels with clean lines, check out Style 32's. They look great on Z4's.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Felix79

Post by Felix79 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:27 pm

NickDE wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 am
Felix79 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 pm I wanted to possibly put some classic style, multi-spoke Alpina wheels on my M, I got rather an unimpressed response from people. If I can't find some nice wheels to use next year, I can see myself going the CSL route. I would however prefer to stay with 18"s, as I think 19"s would alter the ride and feel in a negative way for me. Also I am still a bit undecided about how 19"s look with a Z4MR.
If you want 18" multispoke wheels with clean lines, check out Style 32's. They look great on Z4's.
That's actually a really nice wheel,good call I love how the classic Alpina's have more spokes and a tighter spacing between each spoke. Also there is the depth you get with some version of the classic style, that could work really well with my M's styling.

m7xeg

Post by m7xeg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Silver E86 coupe parked up near Russell park, Bexleyheath, anyone on here?

Love the look of the coupes with the tinted rears :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 3.0i E85, Black Sapphire • Backbox Delete • Stubby • HIDs • Led fogs • Clear third brake light • LED boot strip • Wheel spacers • Yellow calipers • ZHP

stupot1

Post by stupot1 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Watching a Netflix documentary on Freddie Foreman , spotted an e86 in grey ☆☆56 XWK
Parked on a side street in London.
Looks nice
E86 Sapphire Black, Auto, 224's